• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

WillyFive

Aren't Toku shows usually sponsored by vehicle manufacturers? I've seen tons of product placement for cars over the years, and the Rider's motorcycles and the old Sentai power vehicles tended to be sporting real branding on them.

Aren't Toku shows usually sponsored by vehicle manufacturers? I've seen tons of product placement for cars over the years, and the Rider's motorcycles and the old Sentai power vehicles tended to be sporting real branding on them.

only explicit one i can think of was rescue force/fire, which were all nissan vehicles, while the big vehicles did have nissan logos on the engines.

WillyFive

only explicit one i can think of was rescue force/fire, which were all nissan vehicles, while the big vehicles did have nissan logos on the engines.

I notice that they are sponsoring the shows all the time, including the movies.

Mazda:

jcS6O7hsHf9XM.PNG

Kawasaki:

jbjj9hBhG28PWK.PNG

Shoei:

izlLIxZNBQpX.PNG

Honda:

jmNcam7AzzRKP.PNG

ibzesYvvt8cSKO.PNG

vareon said:
If the new rider starts September, we have 15ish episodes left.

I can't wait to see what the Drive Driver looks like.

I really hope they go back to the basics on one of these versions. More 'bug-like'. Basic belt w/other forms. If they want to sell more product add more riders and vehicles/forms or something. I understand they're trying to sell product here but, I feel with these past 6 riders have had way too much in regards to actual accessories. Remember when they had like maybe 5 forms and just had extra riders or something if they wanted to add a new rider belt.

As a hobbyist and parent of a child who loves this shit, I hate having to buy all of those little itty bitty accessories to complete my set. Using Gaim's lockseeds as an example.

WillyFive

As a hobbyist and parent of a child who loves this shit, I hate having to buy all of those little itty bitty accessories to complete my set. Using Gaim's lockseeds as an example.

Bandai has locked you, there is no stopping the train.

They tried going to the basics with Go-Busters, but I doubt they will ever do that again after they realized people didn't need to buy as much to complete the set. Heck, they don't even want to do that toy line again for PR, they'll just skip to the battery-bonanza.

I like how with ToQ they merged the role play and mech accessories, though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
We're never going to get a (main) Rider belt that doesn't have tons of swappable accessories ever again. Bandai's gotten used to that obsessive collector money.

We're never going to get a (main) Rider belt that doesn't have tons of swappable accessories ever again. Bandai's gotten used to that obsessive collector money.

i just wish outside of movies, they take advantage of multiple forms and what not for some neat fight choreography.

probably too expensive on the effects budget...

vareon

I really hope they go back to the basics on one of these versions. More 'bug-like'. Basic belt w/other forms. If they want to sell more product add more riders and vehicles/forms or something. I understand they're trying to sell product here but, I feel with these past 6 riders have had way too much in regards to actual accessories. Remember when they had like maybe 5 forms and just had extra riders or something if they wanted to add a new rider belt.

Back to basics is not what I expect anymore from regular KR and Super Sentai shows. With these shows specifically designed as a toy campaign, I really can't see them simplifying despite my hardest wish. Best we can hope is offshoots like Akibaranger or other shows like Amemiya's Garo.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Screenshots of a trailer that just aired on Japanese TV for the Gaim Movie...

http://imgur.com/VUelv8G

Kiwami, the Silver Apple Rider, and the upgraded Kurokage.

Yoko and Mitchy eventually go good?

Midonin

The level of soccer promotion the movie is doing looks to be strongly baked into the plot (or at least the opening scene) and all the Riders are teaming up to fight a common foe. Like all Gaim material that's not related to the main storyline, you can tell Urobuchi didn't write it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Since Hase and and Yuuaya show up alive in the movie
I'm going to assume the whole thing is alt universe bulllshit

It's said to take place "long after the Invess Battle" ended.

Apparently they're being coy about the canon of it. I imagine it'll be like Agito's Movie, it wasn't AU and fit pretty neatly within the series, and the ending hinted at what would happen in the show, but then the actual show took a different direction.

The level of soccer promotion the movie is doing looks to be strongly baked into the plot (or at least the opening scene) and all the Riders are teaming up to fight a common foe. Like all Gaim material that's not related to the main storyline, you can tell Urobuchi didn't write it.

He should have written the HBV.

Xerotwo

I think Kachidoki was a better form IMO, Kiwami looks kinda Liner-form ish.

I guess we'll see what will be in store when it comes.

Top Bottom