• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Rajack

Man, Go-onger and RPM are like two completely different shows.
Remember when everyone rejoiced that Saban was getting the rights back? Hindsight is a funny thing.

Man if Saban EVER touches Kamen Rider again, I will be grabbing my torch and pitchfork...

WillyFive

wonder what the budget was for RPM vs other PR. A bunch of sets and new footage everywhere, seems like just megazord and finishers were stock for the most part.

The show went over-budget (as I understand it) very early into it's run, it's producer Eddie Guzelian was fired for this reason (or as Disney put it, they had "creative differences").

Later in the show, you could tell all the fights were filmed in the same corner of the same parking lot; with Sakamoto shaking the camera wildly during fights to make this harder to see.

The show went over-budget (as I understand it) very early into it's run, it's producer Eddie Guzelian was fired for this reason (or as Disney put it, they had "creative differences").

Later in the show, you could tell all the fights were filmed in the same corner of the same parking lot; with Sakamoto shaking the camera wildly during fights to make this harder to see.

well there is a reason why we don't see duke of hazzard stunts and explosions every season.

That's what people said about Goseiger.

People eventually warmed up to Goseiger, and Megaforce (oddly enough) seems to be getting slightly less heat; granted, this only happens when it's compared to Super Megaforce.

History will never be kind to Wizard. Ever. An adaptation is basically a do-over anyway, but Wizard would need to be completely gutted and patched back up again.

Slayven

Goseiger's only problem was that it never tried to be anything more than it's synopses.. It wasn't bad or anything. Wizard on the other hand was just offense.

WillyFive

Wizard will need a lot of work to be good. It's not like Goseiger where the premise just writes itself and the writers refused to write it; Wizard is just....blegh....talk about a premise that is so uninteresting and bland.

So there's this guy that was a creepy magic thing (who knows why he was there?) and doesn't die; because of this a wizard gives him a girl with no personality whatsoever (with reasoning that would be filling for just an episode-long story arc, not an entire series); and finds a place on a place that sells...stuff (???); and spends time with a kid who's entire story that was to be told is told in his first two episodes; and a police woman who's entire story that was to be told is told in the first few seconds we see her; the show's premise was broken from the very start.

The singular great thing about Wizard's story is the idea behind Beast's story (which was only ever used in the first and last episodes he was in).

Meanwhile, Goseiger could have been really, really cool. A show about angels fighting what was eventually revealed to be Satan, them being in two-men teams, with Blue losing his partner before the start of the show, which would lead to interesting and good character dynamics (which were never used in the show), as well as tons of rare use of Biblical and religious stories retold using the Sentai formula. Yeah, it would probably be censored by Saban in an English adaptation; but it was a fantastic premise for a show. Instead, we got "hey, let's go grocery shopping while token kid character gathers resolve to do his homework!"

Slayven

I remember there was a fan pilot thing for Goseinger that made it seem the team was fighting monsters that escape for a video game, using video game powers. The cards were powerups and what not. I thought that was interesting.

Tenumi

Banned
I remember there was a fan pilot thing for Goseinger that made it seem the team was fighting monsters that escape for a video game, using video game powers. The cards were powerups and what not. I thought that was interesting.

You know, why haven't we gotten a Video Game based sentai?

...Oh wait, Megaranger kinda fit that bill. Still, would be interesting to see a new take on it.

Midonin

That was made by SpeedRacerFlubber, a member of DTR and great guy all around.

LostAnkh

Idk, the suit action is great in wizard. You can probably do w/e story with it pretty easily.
That and the earlier episodes made me want to like Wizard so much, but it just starts waning when I realize that the story doesn't go anywhere towards the middle and onward. Takaiwa is doing so much great work in this show, that it is the main reason that Wizard has anything remotely good about it.

For 10 episodes. Though, yeah, it's flashy enough to make kids amazed.

he also had some pretty good op fights later too.

i8bmPJddidX0A.gif

beats most final form fights of the last decade where the suit actors can barely do anything with the clusterfuck of the outfit.

Zynx

Damn @ Gaim. How many shows escalate so consistently in each subsequent episode?

Gaim 36 speculation:
I'm going to be so mad when Micchy kills Takatora after Kouta intervenes to protect Micchy. I'm already preemptively mad!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Not-really-spoilers for Gaim 37 (July 13th's episode):

Ugggghhhh movie tie-in episode that has no bearing on the story ughhhhhh we've already wasted two weeks on non-story stuff, why do we have to waste another ughhhhh

Defuser

Gaim ep 35
Micchy finally went full evil in front of Kouta. Hell yeah!!!! Fucking hype for ep 36 this week with Zangetsu vs Shin Zangetsu. Brother vs Brother.

vareon

How refreshing it is to have a female Rider that is relevant and/or not a complete ass?

I'm still looking at you Mage. You dropped the ball so hard.

BossRush

Not-really-spoilers for Gaim 37 (July 13th's episode):

Ugggghhhh movie tie-in episode that has no bearing on the story ughhhhhh we've already wasted two weeks on non-story stuff, why do we have to waste another ughhhhh

Its fine, the other non-story episodes have been incredibly entertaining and by this point the more Gaim we get the better.

Also holy shit that speech micchy gave this episode to Kouta was haunting.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh god TVN subs. To think I won't stop seeing them.

No one can escape them. They're too prolific to avoid.
YouTube idiots upload them instead of better subs, plus they've done complete series that others have lagged behind on (looking at you Dekaranger and Magiranger).

WillyFive

No one can escape them. They're too prolific to avoid.
YouTube idiots upload them instead of better subs, plus they've done complete series that others have lagged behind on (looking at you Dekaranger and Magiranger).

Youtubers don't have much of a choice; since you can't upload .mkv's to the site or use them with common video editors without converting.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Youtubers don't have much of a choice; since you can't upload .mkv's to the site or use them with common video editors without converting.

Fair enough...
Still, no matter how much one wants to avoid it, TVN will never disappear.

Mr-Joker

Banned
he also had some pretty good op fights later too.

i8bmPJddidX0A.gif

beats most final form fights of the last decade where the suit actors can barely do anything with the clusterfuck of the outfit.

Yeah Wizard had some of the best fight scene, which is why I enjoyed my time with Wizard.

Plus Rinko was cute and her butt was nice to look at. >:)

Oh god TVN subs. To think I won't stop seeing them.

Oh god TV-Nihon subs are terrible, doesn't help that everyone default to them.

WillyFive

Oh god TV-Nihon subs are terrible, doesn't help that everyone default to them.

It's unfortunate because it would be really easy to replace them if places like Overtime would offer HD hard subs. But for some reason they don't, which just makes TVN the only one to be redistributed with any sort of success.

WarRock

Kamen Rider Shit Never Stops Getting Real 35
Oh, so there is Rica and Rat! Rat is being a bro as always. Kaito and Minato sighing at Kouta was great, Micchy straight kicking Kouta in the face mid speech was extra great.

I really enjoyed how Micchy and Takatora kinda switched roles too.

How refreshing it is to have a female Rider that is relevant and/or not a complete ass?

I'm still looking at you Mage. You dropped the ball so hard.

And she was one of the best characters in Wizard. Could've at least have some gimmick related to her phantom, but yay generic moveset.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They were converted by someone else and then uploaded. Not everyone is going to go through the trouble of doing that.

It's really not that hard when hd hard subs are usually posted in the comments section of the release post anyways. Especially if you are the type of person who was going to download the hard sub in the first place.

Zynx

Oh yeah, anyone else notice that in Gaim 35, Kaito uses Lemon energy/genesis at the beginning of the episode but banana/sengoku in the middle?

Normally I'd just write something like this off as a mistake, but maybe not this time?

And watching the preview for 36 again, it looks like Takatora will hold back from finishing off Micchy? I wonder if the show will really go full circle back to the scenario presented at the beginning of the first episode.

Top Bottom