• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

WillyFive

I was hoping no one would bring this up.

I was hoping no one would be that incorrect.

That's what happens when you read 4chan. It's good for new info; but terrible for opinions. Also, those who think there was too much Daigo in Kyoryuger probably hasn't watched Maskman. That show is pretty high on the list of the "RED RANGER and FRIENDS" sub-group of Super Sentai.

Kenta (MegaRed) & Ryoga (AbaRed) are probably my favorite Reds out of the shows I've watched. Kenta has a nice mixture of funny and heroic moments and plays off the rest of his cast well. Ryoga is light-hearted and positive in a way that feels charming rather than corny and get aggressive when necessary. I also like the dynamic he has with his niece, Mai. Although I wish Toei had the balls to write Mai as his daughter, I don't see what's wrong with having an actual father as a Red.

Honestly, before the Imagination subs came out, I actually thought he was the father.

NeonZ

Finding out that there is a tie-in football episode for the movie coming up for Gaim grinds my gears. It will most likely contribute nothing to the ongoing plot, and though it could be fun, just ultimately serves as another week off. Why does this keep happening to this show?

Well, at least this time the tie in episode is actually done by the movie writer, so it could be relevant to the movie, even if not the tv show, unlike the Toqger or Kikaider episodes which have no importance at all to the movie they're promoting.

Also, based on the recent trailers, calling it a soccer movie seems like saying that Gaim is a dance series.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Finding out that there is a tie-in football episode for the movie coming up for Gaim grinds my gears. It will most likely contribute nothing to the ongoing plot, and though it could be fun, just ultimately serves as another week off. Why does this keep happening to this show?

I've actually heard it's a GOOD thing for Gaim, because it means Toei sees the show as popular enough that they can use it to advertise films. And if Gaim's popular, hppefully Drive and future series strive for the same plot-structure and hire more writers outside the usual crop.

Plus it seems like the show was always planned to be a bit shorter from the get-go.

WarRock

I still don't really find Hiromu all that great a Ranger, or even an interesting character. The notable moment from him from the show for me was when he tried to commit suicide to get rid of Enter's backup. Otherwise, he barely registered, even despite having the contractually obligated most screen-time of them all.

And my theory that GoBus is the Sentai to people who dislike Sentai keeps being correct.

I can't bring myself to watch sentai for some reason, yet I loved absolutely EVERYTHING (well, not all the mech fights, but they weren't unbearable like the usual) about GoBusters and would gladly keep watching sequel movies yearly. Saying good bye to the cast felt as bad as doing the same to the Fourze cast.

With that said, I also enjoyed the fuck out of Gokaiger, Gokaiger vs Gavan and Akibaranger.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Mind you I don't like Kyoryuger so there's that. And I actually believe in that notion and this is me watching Kyoryuger (well, first half anyway).

That's what happens when you read 4chan. It's good for new info; but terrible for opinions. Also, those who think there was too much Daigo in Kyoryuger probably hasn't watched Maskman. That show is pretty high on the list of the "RED RANGER and FRIENDS" sub-group of Super Sentai.

That's 80's Sentai though. I think they only started to care about characters outside of Red starting at Liveman, and even then it varies afterwards.

WillyFive

i9S9g0oqNj1Ro.gif

Where's Sonic when you need him?

ibazVE9BtIYven.gif

I was satisfied with this episode. Had good moments in it, especially when they changed Zaram's name. Also, I gasped when ToQ-1 said Right wasn't his real name, but then the writers chickened out.

caught up on gaim. you know, instead of wasting time being evil, micchy really needs to grind some levels. because he kinda sucks ass in combat vs just about everyone else.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know, as much as I love seeing the old (superior) Baron suit, there's no real reason Kaito should ever use it over his Genesis Driver. "I'm just going to use my weaker belt for NO RAISIN".

Seriously though, all the Genesis suits are kinda shit save for Sigurd, and we'll never be seeing that one again, so.

javadoze

I like the rumor of Kamen Rider Drive being a traffic school teacher/police member. Hasn't been an idea that's been done in awhile.

The mockup design doesn't look too bad, though. The car head is kind of funny.

Speaking of Riders with toy cars, I saw this old pre-Gaim rumor and found it funny that the toy-car rider idea was somehow realized (the Kamen Rider Break rumor in general is still a cool idea).

You know, as much as I love seeing the old (superior) Baron suit, there's no real reason Kaito should ever use it over his Genesis Driver. "I'm just going to use my weaker belt for NO RAISIN".

Seriously though, all the Genesis suits are kinda shit save for Sigurd, and we'll never be seeing that one again, so.

And yet, Kouta. The fact that he doesn't head straight into Kachidoki is mystifying. Dude, start with your best.

LostAnkh

More pictures of what appears to be Kamen Rider Drive's filming, I guess this might be Drive's custom car? It matches the supposed color-scheme, and the way the wheel's on the back doesn't look like a normal car:
I hope it transforms into multiple vehicles...that will still be ridden even late in the series, cause I mean, it is called Kamen "Rider", right?

I just think this guy may actually ride his bike a lot more than the Rider shows I've seen.

WillyFive

I hope it transforms into multiple vehicles...that will still be ridden even late in the series, cause I mean, it is called Kamen "Rider", right?

I just think this guy may actually ride his bike a lot more than the Rider shows I've seen.

Vehicles run on budget, so I'd be really surprised if he did.

Watch Da Birdie

The good thing about a car is you can cheap out and just show the inside of the car and pretend he's actually driving.

Leaked Drive footage

789shadow

Banned
Toqger 17-18

I don't know where you guys are getting the tonal dissonance from ToQ6. Yes, he appears to be super serious, but it always ends in comedy.

Watch Da Birdie

Seems the merchandise sites point to Drive starting in October, so Gaim's not ending too early.

Guess we have about 12-14 episodes left...there's probably gonna be a break one more time I imagine, and then we have the movie tie-in next week. And maybe they'll do another special like they did for Wizard-Gaim.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If Drive starts in october Gaim will probably get the standard 48-ish episodes with out any need for episodes like the wizard crossover.

NeonZ

If Drive starts in october Gaim will probably get the standard 48-ish episodes with out any need for episodes like the wizard crossover.

They didn't need to make a crossover for Wizard either. It got four extra episodes, and only used two for a crossover, with the other two being used to extend the main story.

Considering how Driver isn't having an early debut in the summer movie, just like Gaim, I think we might get at least something for Driver's early debut.

His 2nd Rider gets something like a Seatbelt Belt?

Nah, every Rider transformation device has been called a "Driver" since Decade.

WarRock

They didn't need to make a crossover for Wizard either. It got four extra episodes, and only used two for a crossover, with the other two being used to extend the main story.

Considering how Driver isn't having an early debut in the summer movie, just like Gaim, I think we might get at least something for Driver's early debut.

Nah, every Rider transformation device has been called a "Driver" since Decade.

Secondary Driver :3

WillyFive

The Shinkenger, Gokaiger, and Kyoryuger final live shows were fantastic, and I'm glad they are finally available. A lot of things in Toku are even more impressive and fun when done in real time in front of a live audience. Morphing sequences in particular are a joy to watch as the stuntmen get into position and change places in less than 5 seconds. It was also fun seeing the producers and the audience all try their best to make the actors break down at the end of the show while they say their goodbyes. Some of them are pros, but others (particularly various in the Gokaiger cast) just lose it and start sobbing.

I now want a Rider Kick that involves a slide or a swing.

Sounds like a move that needs some Imagination.
Actually, I'm surprised I can't think of something like that happening already, it seems like such an obvious gag now that you've mentioned it. We got kinda close with X, though; he used that stick like he was going for a parallel bar routine.

Top Bottom