• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

WillyFive

Agreed. I was against watching this until I forced myself.
Honestly I've found that the Disney seasons aren't bad (save for Dino Thunder but I'm watching that next so we'll see if my opinion chanegs). All this fan hate against the Disney seasons really didn't do them any good.

I found Dino Thunder to be the best Disney season (and best PR season in general), even next to RPM. But the Disney seasons inbetween those two shows were just trash to me. Loud, obnoxious, poorly made, whatever good stuff they had (like some cool ideas and excellent Sakamoto choreography) was hidden under tons of awful nonsense. The shows made me embarrassed to be watching them, which is a big achievement for Toku.

BossRush

Starting to get annoyed by the people saying Kouta should kill Micchy. That is not his character at ALL. If anyone, Kaito should kill Micchy, which I still think will happen.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Starting to get annoyed by the people saying Kouta should kill Micchy. That is not his character at ALL. If anyone, Kaito should kill Micchy, which I still think will happen.

Maybe Kouta should as the culmination of "Kaito was right all along".

Or the culmination of
Kouta turning into an Overlord

alvmew

MELONBOWL 36

I knew that would happen, god damn it! I just want Micchy to die already ): The only complaint I have is that with what happened, I wish Takatorabatta would just be confirmed dead already instead of likely coming back after FIFA '14 - Bananaman Edition. It would've made the act of betrayal so much more intense if the Shit had finished him off for real.

I love this show.

javadoze

Gaim 36 spoilers

Nope, not convinced that Takatora is dead. The manner in which they did it seemed kinda rushed. Considering that other riders can survive falls off Inoue bridges, I'm kind of skeptical of the fact that that was all it took to kill him off.

Also, fun filler yet again next week! At least it won't be as derivative as the ToQger and Kikaider episodes were. It'll probably end up doing some odd thing that ends up making some important contribution to the TV show's plot (kinda like if God Speed Love didn't make itself noncanon).

I don't believe Takatora
's actor got his flowers, so he's probably not dead in the show yet.

Also, I bet
Kaito will kill Micchy and we'll get Overlord Kouta Vs. Overlord Kaito.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
iKZgyZ4.gif

Defuser

Gaim ep 36
Kouta continues to be idiot into believing about Micchy. Takatora is a fucking badass and the probably the most powerful among the riders in terms fo pure skill, going against a genesis driver with just sengoku driver and still won.
Godammit Takatora why do you have to 'died' just like that? :(

Exactly thats what I was thinking when I saw that lol.

jwk94

Finishing off Mystic Force makes me angry that none of them will be in the Legendary Battle. That cast was just soooo good.

I found Dino Thunder to be the best Disney season (and best PR season in general), even next to RPM. But the Disney seasons inbetween those two shows were just trash to me. Loud, obnoxious, poorly made, whatever good stuff they had (like some cool ideas and excellent Sakamoto choreography) was hidden under tons of awful nonsense. The shows made me embarrassed to be watching them, which is a big achievement for Toku.
The last time I watched DT was when it aired and I hated it. I think it was because that's when the Kalish splosions and slow mo crap really set in but I'm giving it a try now. So far so good, but I'm only a few minutes into the first episode.

When was the last time you watched the Disney seasons?

dem kurokos

Lol pretty sure there was a Kuroko is Samurai.

WillyFive

The last time I watched DT was when it aired and I hated it. I think it was because that's when the Kalish splosions and slow mo crap really set in but I'm giving it a try now. So far so good, but I'm only a few minutes into the first episode.

When was the last time you watched the Disney seasons?

Weird, because the Kalish splosions didn't really start getting frequent until late SPD, and went full blown nuts in Mystic Force, OO, and JF.

Last time I watched the Disney ones was when I rewatched RPM a few months ago.

jwk94

Weird, because the Kalish splosions didn't really start getting frequent until late SPD, and went full blown nuts in Mystic Force, OO, and JF.

Last time I watched the Disney ones was when I rewatched RPM a few months ago.

Hmmm maybe they really aren't for you lol.

Yeah I'm odd. I didn't mind the Kalish splosions after SPD but they bothered the hell out of me in SPD and Dino Thunder. I love how sexist Conner is. He's really embracing the stereotypical jock thing.

Are T-Rex's supposed to be fast? Conner's civilian power makes no sense.

WillyFive

Hmmm maybe they really aren't for you lol.

Yeah I'm odd. I didn't mind the Kalish splosions after SPD but they bothered the hell out of me in SPD and Dino Thunder. I love how sexist Conner is. He's really embracing the stereotypical jock thing.

Maybe now that you're used to them in Mystic Force, you might not even notice them in DT.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Lol pretty sure there was a Kuroko is Samurai.

There was. A couple showed up in "Trickster Treat", the laziest episode ever.
it also included the infamous scene with "Mia" singing but they were so cheap/lazy they didn't even shoot new footage, instead they just reused footage of Mako singing and slightly blurred her face.

The scene in question. They didn't even really blur it, you can totally tell it's not Erika Fong.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Actually guys there are some new Gaim summaries which answers one question this week...

Seems Takatora is saved by Oren...which is pretty hilarious so I'm alright with it.

jwk94

Maybe now that you're used to them in Mystic Force, you might not even notice them in DT.
Maybe. We'll see soon i guess.

There was. A couple showed up in "Trickster Treat", the laziest episode ever.
it also included the infamous scene with "Mia" singing but they were so cheap/lazy they didn't even shoot new footage, instead they just reused footage of Mako singing and slightly blurred her face.

The scene in question. They didn't even really blur it, you can totally tell it's not Erika Fong.
Umm....that's actually pretty disturbing. When did Mako sing in Shinkenger?

WillyFive

Maybe. We'll see soon i guess.

Umm....that's actually pretty disturbing. When did Mako sing in Shinkenger?

It was part of the Shinkenger movie that came out after the show had ended. There was a monster that trapped them in various realities, including one where Mako was a famous singer (among others such as the Rangers in a space station, one where all the boys were girls and vice versa, one that was a police drama, and one that was a western).

It was a good movie.

jwk94

Oh look, Takatora conveniently falls into the water. We'll see you in time for the finale.

whoa whoa whoa, Mesogog just name dropped Lothor? I never caught that!

The Return of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger: Special Act. A movie released after the series had ended.

It was part of the Shinkenger movie that came out after the show had ended. There was a monster that trapped them in various realities, including one where Mako was a famous singer (among others such as the Rangers in a space station, one where all the boys were girls and vice versa, one that was a police drama, and one that was a western).

It was a good movie.
I forgot about that! I should watch it sometime.

alvmew

I love the Shinkenger Returns movie, especially because it had Mako sing her image song, which is my favorite from the whole album. :3

alvmew

jeebus 36.

lol so what ever happen to Grape?

Did he lose it? i forget.

As per the end screen, he still has it (along with Kiwi and a Watermelon), he just doesn't use it now because of Melon Energy. He used it when he was trying to maintain the ruse that he wasn't Zangetsu-shin, but now that said cat is out of the bag, doubt he will use it unless he loses his Genesis Driver/Energy Lock.

javadoze

I wonder if the war in the first episode will ever be mentioned ever again? More importantly, where will Kouta get his final power-up: the war horse?

Actually guys there are some new Gaim summaries which answers one question this week...

Seems Takatora is saved by Oren...which is pretty hilarious so I'm alright with it.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty weird how Pierre was conveniently away when Takatora was at the garage.

jwk94

So watching Legacy of Power and Mystic Force makes me miss the quests the rangers used to have to go on. I wouldn't have minded the Megaforce to Super Megaforce crap if we had a quest even a small one for the new powers. I really hope we get something for Dinocharge.

Man, Legacy of Power makes me miss the feeling the I got watching the end of Turbo and first episode of Space. There hasn't been an episode of Power Rangers that made me feel like shit just got real like that since. Wait, did Tommy just skip talking about Mike? Wtf.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Source/link? Would like to read these summaries for myself.

There was some debate over its authenticity, but it was posted in one of the recent Kamen Rider threads on /m/ with a link to the original Japanese text. Nothing seemed too far-fetched.

It also mentioned Mitsuzane kidnaps Mai and takes her to the tower, and Jinba Melon would debut

So watching Legacy of Power and Mystic Force makes me miss the quests the rangers used to have to go on. I wouldn't have minded the Megaforce to Super Megaforce crap if we had a quest even a small one for the new powers. I really hope we get something for Dinocharge.

Man, Legacy of Power makes me miss the feeling the I got watching the end of Turbo and first episode of Space. There hasn't been an episode of Power Rangers that made me feel like shit just got real like that since. Wait, did Tommy just skip talking about Mike? Wtf.

that requires original sets and what not silly. modern era kids don't have time for that,

headshot +15
doublekill + 25
assistkill +35

guitar riff

jwk94

Haley's almost as bad as Gosei. Instead of screwing around, why didn't she just give the rangers the sephalo zord when she introduced the brachio zord instead of waiting for them to ask?

I'm surprised everybody laughed off his "serious shortage of black" comment instead of questioning their own wardrobe choices. Hell, at least Kira's subtle about the yellow.

This season has 38 episodes. I don't know if I can do this, guys. It's not terrible but I'm not exactly enjoying it either.

Do rangers normally change their clothes? I noticed the Dino Thunder rangers actually have different outfits. I can't exactly remember if the other teams did too...

Kids don't have time for build up. You need to be rewarded constantly with little effort . Which is why we old farts farts don't get megaforce.

oh! lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I recall hearing somewhere that Saban Brands stated Super Megaforce would be the most expensive season of Power Rangers ever.
.... Ah ha ha ha ha ha.

Or they could be right. Instead of a $200 dollar budget, it's a $500 dollar budget! *shrugs*

I recall hearing somewhere that Saban Brands stated Super Megaforce would be the most expensive season of Power Rangers ever.
.... Ah ha ha ha ha ha.

Or they could be right. Instead of a $200 dollar budget, it's a $500 dollar budget! *shrugs*

the legendary war will blow our asses up, clearly.

super megaforce had like a superbowl promo and shit. thats where the budget went.

Tenumi

Banned
Ooooh, Superbowl commercial...
Nice to know where the priorities lie.

Not quite. They had a promotion on NFL Network one day, if I recally correctly.

and macy's parade!

i personally don't mind. always got sentai. And its a cheap way to get megazord/mecha toys vs importing. I can add the missing paint jobs with a gold/silver sharpee.

They're always in the Macy's parade.

Hmm... wonder if that means we'll get Dino Charge in it this year.

Top Bottom