• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

I have long standing idea for a final Rider Kick.

The rider should be something that's like Kabuto or G3-X (armor instead of changing the person biologically).

The final opponent should be someone that he kicks off a tall structure (cliff, building or whatever), and then he proceeds to Rider Kick after him.

Then, as he kicks, parts of his armor fly off. His helmet, arms, torso and leg parts start to fly off or get stripped somehow, and all that's left is the foot armor before it connects to the opponent.

Idk, seems cool to me.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So has anyone else in here ever watched any Rider in 60 FPS? I used to have some HK DVDs of 555 and man that shit looked weird. Everything looked like a weird soap opera. It's definitely worth seeing at least once though. The difference between 60 FPS and the 30 FPS you see in 99% of the KR encodes out there is pretty staggering. I'm kinda glad they stopped filming in 60 after 555 (or was it Blade?).

vareon

So has anyone else in here ever watched any Rider in 60 FPS? I used to have some HK DVDs of 555 and man that shit looked weird. Everything looked like a weird soap opera. It's definitely worth seeing at least once though. The difference between 60 FPS and the 30 FPS you see in 99% of the KR encodes out there is pretty staggering. I'm kinda glad they stopped filming in 60 after 555 (or was it Blade?).

I prefer 60 (or is it 48? I think it's 48) FPS, actually. Kabuto started with 30 (or 24?). It's actually what hooked me with Kuuga, it looks like a Japanese dorama one second and the other second is Godai kicking all sorts of ass. With how they put more emphasis on action now, 30 makes sense though.

So has anyone else in here ever watched any Rider in 60 FPS? I used to have some HK DVDs of 555 and man that shit looked weird. Everything looked like a weird soap opera.

Well, 555 really did try to make that Asian Telenovela look happen.

Technically speaking, I watch all my series in "60" fps, with the help of Smooth Video Project. I got used to it, so I can't really feel weird in seeing it.

WillyFive

After watching the episodes, I like to play the mech sections in ToQger at double speed using the Media Player so that I can appreciate them more. Not only does it make it faster paced, the scenes are already filmed at a higher frame rate for slow motion playback, so speeding the up actually plays them at normal sped with a 48 frames per second frame rate. And it looks really clear and gorgeous, it's like watching through glass instead of a screen.

Absolutely, I was still getting VHS tapes of Kuuga and Agito as they aired back then so it came as a huge surprise when they shot on video. It had reminded me of Changerion back in '96, with that J-drama look.

vareon

Finally caught up with ToQger. It was a drag until 17&18, and Zaram being a Shadow is interesting and might open up interesting (albeit possibly predictable) twists later on. Him and Zed are the two most interesting characters in the show now.

BossRush

I had a dream that everyone on team gaim got the legend rider lockseeds during the final battle to help out Kouta and co. And micchy was flipping his shit and despairing. it was awesome.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The monster in episode 6 of Shinkenger reminds me of the monster in last week's Toqger. It had a real dumb specific power that was clearly there to help facilitate the story for the week. Still like it, wish that would happen more often. The monster shouting insults at people was pretty funny though.

WillyFive

Carranger hasn't stopped being amazing yet.

The monster in episode 6 of Shinkenger reminds me of the monster in last week's Toqger. It had a real dumb specific power that was clearly there to help facilitate the story for the week. Still like it, wish that would happen more often. The monster shouting insults at people was pretty funny though.

Episode 6 of Shinkenger is an excellent example of using the MotW to develop the characters and add depth to the storyline. You learned so much of the characters that way.

javadoze

The more I think about it, the more jarring the line-change gimmick in ToQger is. Why change lines when you can simply hand your weapon over? Would've it been hard to introduce new weapons and line changes if they were to use the ressha in normal combat?

...At least there's the Kyoryuger: 100 Years After special to look forward to...

You're not the first to think Transfer Changing is a bit pointless. Ideally, they would have a lot of auxillary ressha that would allow them to change forms Kamen Rider style, but I guess that would be too costly for 5-6 people.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The more I think about it, the more jarring the line-change gimmick in ToQger is. Why change lines when you can simply hand your weapon over? Would've it been hard to introduce new weapons and line changes if they were to use the ressha in normal combat?

...At least there's the Kyoryuger: 100 Years After special to look forward to...

$$$$$$$$$$$$
... I don't know how to type the Yen symbol, but basically it's a way for them to get money.
"Get ToQ 1 in Red today! Next week, get him in Blue and Yellow!"

But yeah, the line transferring has saw very little actual use. Hell, the last few episodes have completely ignored it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They actually made interesting use of the gimmick exactly twice. First was when Hikari used his green spork as a giant kendama with Kagura at the end and the switched places for whatever. The other was when Tokatti had the bomb on him and Hikari changed to blue to make the monster think he had escaped.

Other than that it's either used as a complicated weapon switch, "hey it's your character focus episode so you get to be red this time", or "both of you had focus this episode so both of you switch with each other".

BatDan

They actually made interesting use of the gimmick exactly twice. First was when Hikari used his green spork as a giant kendama with Kagura at the end and the switched places for whatever. The other was when Tokatti had the bomb on him and Hikari changed to blue to make the monster think he had escaped.

Other than that it's either used as a complicated weapon switch, "hey it's your character focus episode so you get to be red this time", or "both of you had focus this episode so both of you switch with each other".

Yeah those two were like the only times it actually felt useful. Every other time it's been pointless.

Still kinda bummed they didn't adapt go buster in the US. Mainly because I'm curious how they would integrate zord builder ports for the legs of the mecha lol.

NeonZ

Apparently, according to the episode description, it seems like there's still a part in the real world, before the AU stuff.

Sagara appears before Kaito, and challenges him to face a ghost-like Gaim Kiwami Arms to see its power. During the battle, Kaito then suddenly sees himself in the soccer AU world.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Still kinda bummed they didn't adapt go buster in the US. Mainly because I'm curious how they would integrate zord builder ports for the legs of the mecha lol.

I imagine it would have been an rpm sequel. I kinda wish saban did specials or something.

NeonZ

Let me get this right. in Agito all psychics have the potential to develop rider type powers?

Yes.
They all had potential to evolve into Agitos, with the psychic power being a manifestation of their potential before its real awakening through the Agito transformation.

BatDan

I imagine it would have been an rpm sequel. I kinda wish saban did specials or something.

Maybe it could be an Alien Ranger type thing? A 10 episode mini-series.
... Which would be stupid considering how new seasons are 20 episodes. Damn it Nickelodeon.

I still think it's stupid how Kakuranger was wasted on aliens with hard to understand voices.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
wSerHr4.jpg

Is this a joke? Did they really put this sissy ass run on television?

WillyFive

Seriously, c'mon people. Not everyone watches it live/watches the RAW. In fact I'd venture that the vast majority don't.

Actually, various of us here do watch it live.

But still, I think it's best to keep spoilers under spoiler tags until a good amount of time after the subtitled versions are out.

NeonZ

no flowers =
not ded

There'll be an episode mostly taking place in an AU next week though...
Koyomi's actress didn't receive flowers either when she died, since she went on to appear one week later in the first part of the crossover, only then getting flowers. So, flowers to Takatora's actor could be left for next week.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There'll be an episode mostly taking place in an AU next week though...
Koyomi's actress didn't receive flowers either when she died, since she went on to appear one week later in the first part of the crossover, only then getting flowers. So, flowers to Takatora's actor could be left for next week.

Don't ruin my kibou!

NeonZ

Next week's episode apparently is continuing straight from the end of this week's, unlike previous tie in episodes.

http://www.toei.co.jp/tv/gaimu/

When Kouta is heading to Takatora and Micchy's battle, a Locust monster appears in his way. It doesn't seem to be an Overlord, and during the battle, it turns into a swam of locusts and disappears.

Meanwhile, Kaito, with the wounded arm (specifically mentioned in the summary), meets Sagara, who tells him that Kouta's power is growing, and provokes Kaito. Kaito fights against a phantom-like Gaim Kiwami arms, but during the battle Kaito mysteriously ends up in the parallel Zawame City...

jwk94

So I'm almost done with Mystic Force. This season is really really good. I didn't expect to like it that much. The characters are enjoyable and (besides Madison) are well developed. Hell, the supporting cast is excellent as well.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the supporting cast is better than Madison lol. I love how she pointed out that she hadn't really gotten her own episode and yet all she ended up doing was throwing water at the Magma monster.

Poor
Mutombo
he didn't deserve to go out like that.

WarRock

Just posted my impressions on the manga thread, figured I should post them here too (HappyScans recently released the last two KRBlack volumes). Really impressive how much Ishinomori's art changed too.

Kamen Rider Black Vol5-6 [END]
What a ride, Ishinomori, what a ride. Interesting references too (from Star Trek to Jackie Chan, hah). Last frame is pretty powerful, and now I must read about this Nipponmaru ship.

LostAnkh

So I'm almost done with Mystic Force. This season is really really good. I didn't expect to like it that much. The characters are enjoyable and (besides Madison) are well developed. Hell, the supporting cast is excellent as well.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the supporting cast is better than Madison lol. I love how she pointed out that she hadn't really gotten her own episode and yet all she ended up doing was throwing water at the Magma monster.

Poor
Mutombo
he didn't deserve to go out like that.
Same, it's one of the more underrated seasons.

jwk94

Same, it's one of the more underrated seasons.
Agreed. I was against watching this until I forced myself.
Honestly I've found that the Disney seasons aren't bad (save for Dino Thunder but I'm watching that next so we'll see if my opinion chanegs). All this fan hate against the Disney seasons really didn't do them any good.

Top Bottom