• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

WillyFive

w1SA8qX.png

Walter must be off-screen being all "pfft, this guy."

Mr-Joker

Banned
Well this week episode of Gaim was fun to watch, though I can't believe that Miccy use to be one of my favourite.

In my eye Kaito is the true secondary rider, despite the show not really doing secondary riders.

jeebus 36.

lol so what ever happen to Grape?

Did he lose it? i forget.

He still has them but he doesn't use them since Melon energy is more powerful than grape, despite grape being more tasty than melon.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think this is probably Drive:

JtJQSVA.jpg

There's that car again, and the color-scheme matches the rumors about him. I think you can see the tire around the shoulder mentioned too.

jwk94

A third of Power Rangers Dino Thunder is basically the white ranger saga. I'm really getting sick of this. Also, who's idea was it to have a carrier zord that is literally JUST a carrier zord? Tommy goes from fighting to becoming Flit during a megazord battle.

Oh and all of the Disney seasons made me realize how nonexistent the supporting cast is in Megaforce. It's pathetic. Don't even get me started on how one-dimensional the Rangers are compared to the Disney seasons. Like really, these guys DO NOTHING but attend a class once in a blue moon and go to the Froyo place for a few seconds. I think they've only actually eaten (drank?) their froyos a handful of times.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Oh and all of the Disney seasons made me realize how nonexistent the supporting cast is in Megaforce. It's pathetic. Don't even get me started on how one-dimensional the Rangers are compared to the Disney seasons. Like really, these guys DO NOTHING but attend a class once in a blue moon and go to the Froyo place for a few seconds. I think they've only actually eaten (drank?) their froyos a handful of times.

Its true. I kinda hope that troy=zordon fan theory comes true. It could really help the burning potential this series could have had

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Megaforce Ernie's existence is baffling.
Like Bulk in Samurai, they clearly wanted to pander to the 90s kids by including a "bar" owner named Ernie. But at the same time they also wanted to appeal to today's kids so they thought "What do kids like? Froyo!"
Except Megaforce Ernie's presence is just... pointless. He'll appear for a couple jokes, but most of the time he's just the butt of the "Rangers order froyo, they disappear" gag that has happened way too many times.
Hell, he's not even credited in Super Megaforce's opening, that's how much of a non-character he is.

Also, if Saban wanted to pander to the 90s kids, they would have done way more original MMPR morphs by now, and not have the first appearance involve getting their asses handed to them.

alvmew

speaking of which, the upcoming gaim movie is when they show the new rider, or is that the next movie?

From Decade-Fourze, the Summer movie (aka the upcoming Gaim one) would be where they would give a sneak peak of the next rider. Wizard changed that with Gaim appearing in the show proper for those last two special episodes, so Drive might not be in the Gaim summer movie either.

The winter movie is the Movie War series where the current rider teams up with the past one, so this winter then it would be Drive and Gaim.

BossRush

speaking of which, the upcoming gaim movie is when they show the new rider, or is that the next movie?

I always love the idea of previous riders teaching the new riders their wisdom they learned over the course of the series, and then that rider teaches the next rider. I want more rider interactions.

I always love the idea of previous riders teaching the new riders their wisdom they learned over the course of the series, and then that rider teaches the next rider. I want more rider interactions.

You made me remember the interaction between OOO and W. OOO helps W beat the Luna Dopant, tells them that Riders should help each other. Fast forward to the OOO/Fourze movie, where Shotaro tells Eiji the same thing.

I love it when they call back moments from the previous movies.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I think this is probably Drive:

JtJQSVA.jpg

There's that car again, and the color-scheme matches the rumors about him. I think you can see the tire around the shoulder mentioned too.

I am not how I feel about a Kamen Rider driving a car I kinda prefer my rider on a motorbike.

Eh I am sure that I will get over it, I love me some Kamen Rider.

Beast trespassed, loitered, and squatted his whole length on the show.

Is that the case for most Kamen Riders?

WarRock

Thoughts on that Kamen Rider Generations game?

The 2D beat'em up for the DS?Get the second one on the PSP, it has zero depth and the worst multiplayer a beat 'em up could have, but fanservice and it's satisfying enough

Generations 2 on DS has major framerate dips, even suckier combo rate system... plus the characters actually look good on the PSP, it was clearly scaled down from one handheld to the other.

jwk94

The 2D beat'em up for the DS?Get the second one on the PSP, it has zero depth and the worst multiplayer a beat 'em up could have, but fanservice and it's satisfying enough

Generations 2 on DS has major framerate dips, even suckier combo rate system... plus the characters actually look good on the PSP, it was clearly scaled down from one handheld to the other.

Whoops didn't mean to put kamen rider generation. Super Hero Generation is what I meant. Here you go:
http://gematsu.com/2014/07/super-hero-generation-announced-playstation-3-ps-vita

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I think maybe he's talking about this, which was just announced:

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/super-hero-generation-announced-playstation-3-ps-vita

Which is called Super Hero Generations, not Kamen Rider Generations.

NeonZ

Also, if Saban wanted to pander to the 90s kids, they would have done way more original MMPR morphs by now, and not have the first appearance involve getting their asses handed to them.

Saban wants to pander to the 90s kids, but the actual producers running the show just want to get paychecks by doing uninspired Sentai translations. Thus you get some overt elements of 90s pandering, but everything else in the show itself doesn't even match that direction.

this is the second gaim movie right? i thought new riders were in third movies

There's the "Movie Wars" features with the current and past Rider, the spring movie (Super Hero Taisen/Kamen Rider Taisen), which doesn't have a fixed format aside from always having a large number of heroes, and the "solo" summer movie. The solo summer movie used to have cameo debuts of the next Rider too for one scene, like OOO defeating the Luna Dopant in W Forever, or Wizard defeating the false Horoscopes in Fourze's solo movie. Wizard's movie didn't have a scene for Gaim though. Rather than that, we got Gaim debuting in Wizard's last two episodes. Considering how the movie cameo was always spoiled by magazines, it doesn't seem like it'll happen this time either.

Toy listings indicate that Drive only will debut in October, like Gaim, so there's a chance Drive will appear in Gaim's final episodes, like Gaim in Wizard.

It's kind of funny that Sagara destroyed Wizard's words.

KamenRiderGaim_SagaraVsHaruto01_zpsa4e1607a.jpg

Top Bottom