• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Is it me, or is Kouta more naive than other main Riders? I like his character but its kind of getting old (his naivety)

easily so far. but none of the other riders has had this much backstabbery going on. micchy has had the knife in koutas back for so long that he doesnt even feel that shit when he sees it. a convo with hawktiger, and he was willing to believe that there must have been something wrong when micchy came at him. not saying that he was wrong not to believe, but theres a damn limit to things. the fact that he didnt stomp a mudhole in his ass when he exposed himself is troubling

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
TrYoYuN.jpg

Naivety incarnate

kouta's plotarmor mcguffin progression randomness, is near comedy level.

you kinda feel bad for micchy, he's like the hardest working guy in the show, but kouta gets all the goods randomly like hes a megaforce ranger or something

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
easily so far. but none of the other riders has had this much backstabbery going on. micchy has had the knife in koutas back for so long that he doesnt even feel that shit when he sees it. a convo with hawktiger, and he was willing to believe that there must have been something wrong when micchy came at him. not saying that he was wrong not to believe, but theres a damn limit to things. the fact that he didnt stomp a mudhole in his ass when he exposed himself is troubling

If Kouta STILL doesn't destroy Micchy the way Yuusuke beat the shit outta that Grongi in ep. 35 of Kuuga once he sees that
Micchy apparently killed his own brother
, then...man, I don't know.

Parallax

kouta's plotarmor mcguffin progression randomness, is near comedy level.

you kinda feel bad for micchy, he's like the hardest working guy in the show, but kouta gets all the goods randomly like hes a megaforce ranger or something

micchy is below everyone. he lucked into shin zangetsu, when kaito gets a energy driver with his original armor. kaito should have knifed dude when he had the chance

NeonZ

If Kouta STILL doesn't destroy Micchy the way Yuusuke beat the shit outta that Grongi in ep. 35 of Kuuga once he sees that
Micchy apparently killed his own brother
, then...man, I don't know.

The same Takatora that was willing to kill him just because he was doing the same things that Takatora himself had done in the past? Yes, he hesitated in the end, but the one who even called him for a duel to the death was Takatora. And he's currently working alongside Yoko, who was just fine with backstabbing others as long as she wasn't the one getting betrayed.

I don't see how Micchy is this irredeemable monster compared to the other characters. He's currently operating under the assumption that facing the Overlords is suicide and will just get everyone killed. Yes, he's also an idiot that hasn't noticed that Reddue has no reason at all to keep his promises to him, but that's really no different from Yoko/Ryoma and no one seems to call for Yoko's head.

People consider Micchy irredeemable because he does a lot of horrible shit with very poor justification. Look back at the episode where he
watched his own brother get attacked and "killed" by the other genesis riders.
He had no reason to let that happen other than being salty over Takatora complementing Kouta (which is really funny because the Micchy from the first few episodes would've loved to see his brother accept his beat riding buddies). He's very petty and as things get worse he shows fewer and fewer signs of improving. Yoko has done some awful things too, but at least she's showing signs of improvement and doesn't trust Ryouma anymore after he bailed on everyone.

Parallax

I don't see how Micchy is this irredeemable monster compared to the other characters. He's currently operating under the assumption that facing the Overlords is suicide and will just get everyone killed. Yes, he's also an idiot that hasn't noticed that Reddue has no reason at all to keep his promises to him, but that's really no different from Yoko/Ryoma and no one seems to call for Yoko's head.

Because weve seen micchys descent. Yes yoko has been willing to kill, but weve also seen that shes been attracted to power with the way she would step between ryoma and kaito.but since ryomas bailout from what weve seen so far shes been straight up. Micchy has been trying to kill kouta for a while now, and like the roadrunner to the coyote, he keeps coming back Which makes him want him dead even more. Much of his efforts up unto his point has been deceiving and trying to kill kouta. Theres also allowing people to be used as fuel.

NeonZ

Yoko has done some awful things too, but at least she's showing signs of improvement and doesn't trust Ryouma anymore after he bailed on everyone.

After he bailed on her is the important part though. Reddue hasn't betrayed Micchy explicitly yet.

He had no reason to let that happen other than being salty over Takatora complementing Kouta

That episode didn't explain his reasoning clearly, but we do know it now. He believes that Kouta's actions are foolish and will just get people killed. It's not just a matter of praising Kouta, but sharing his (suicidal, from Micchy's point of view) goals. I don't think it's just an excuse either - remember that he had tears in his face when he saw the destroyed city in Helheim.

He clearly bought into Yggdrazil's story that it's inevitable and they just have to learn to live with it. It's not just with the Overlords now that he believes it's hopeless, he has held that belief ever since joining Yggdrazil in spite of their past actions.

Now, obviously, Micchy is wrong, and his deal with the Overlords won't result in actually saving anyone, but I don't see how, say, Kouta's current attitude regarding him is odd considering how Yoko and Takatora were treated.

Defuser

ToQger ep 19
-MOTW actually looks threatening and no goofy shitck.
-ToQgers are actually in a bad situation and nearly on the verge of death.
-Tokatti life lesson and flashbacks
-ToQgers theme after a long time is finally played again during asskicking time.
-Build dai-oh actually looks unique and beastly powerful.

This is what ToQger should be.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 19

At least we get some info on Tokatti, like that his real name is something else.
Build Dai-Oh looks awesome.
It's getting pretty obvious that Z is going to be a ToQger down the line.

Slayven

ToQger 19

At least we get some info on Tokatti, like that his real name is something else.
Build Dai-Oh looks awesome.
It's getting pretty obvious that Z is going to be a ToQger down the line.

I hope so cause Z is poweriful but he feels less of a threat than Warz Gill

I'm pretty sure Kouta isn't going to be the one to kill Micchy. Kouta's whole character has been about trying to save everyone without sacrificing others since Kachidoki. He basically still sees Micchy as part of Team Gaim and someone worth saving, in spite of his douchebaggery. Micchy is a weak person who backed himself into a corner, and Kouta wants to protect him from himself.

It'll be Kaito or Redyue who kills Micchy.

Slayven

I'm pretty sure Kouta isn't going to be the one to kill Micchy. Kouta's whole character has been about trying to save everyone without sacrificing others since Kachidoki. He basically still sees Micchy as part of Team Gaim and someone worth saving, in spite of his douchebaggery. Micchy is a weak person who backed himself into a corner, and Kouta sees that as worth protecting.

I would also toss Minato's name in that hat/

I'm pretty sure Kouta isn't going to be the one to kill Micchy. Kouta's whole character has been about trying to save everyone without sacrificing others since Kachidoki. He basically still sees Micchy as part of Team Gaim and someone worth saving, in spite of his douchebaggery. Micchy is a weak person who backed himself into a corner, and Kouta sees that as worth protecting.

It'll be Kaito. Like Ryuki the final conflict will turn on Kouta's ideals vs. Kaito's ideals. Both want to protect, but Kaito is far more realistic about it. Going back to the youth vs. adulthood angle, I'd say Kouta is youth and Kaito is approaching adulthood.

shaowebb

BTW anyone else see the leaked set images from Kamen Rider Gaim? There was a red car. Looked kind of badass. I hope he gets more than that though...he's a Rider so I wanna know he at least has a bike.

jwk94

"6 doesn't need to change lines"

Did anybody else expect Akira to just grab Right's sword at that point? I really don't see the point in these rail changes.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
BTW anyone else see the leaked set images from Kamen Rider Gaim? There was a red car. Looked kind of badass. I hope he gets more than that though...he's a Rider so I wanna know he at least has a bike.

Well I remember in the /m/ thread someone mentioned one of the 2ch trip users said there was no bike this time around. Also Drive has a yellow bull-dozer form.

Probably not confirmed, since maybe his bike will come later like Hibiki's. But I don't mind, it's "Kamen Rider", not "Kamen Biker", if he rides in a car that's good enough for me.

shaowebb

http://puu.sh/a4P30/8a382a28ec.webm

I didn't know puush can support webm uploads.

Also, I hope BanCo makes another Climax Hero. I need me some Kachidoki combos

Same. I loved that game to death. Played it most of the year because I had my PSP a lot on the go. Got some crazy combos out of Ultimate Kuuga and Amazon. Had a big weakness for using Kabuto, both Za BEE variants, Decade, and V3 as well. Game had just an insanely enormous roster. I couldn't even fit it in the first post of my OT.

If there is ever a sequel count me in and I'll do another OT. Biggest thrill was discovering in menu how to change difficulty to the hardest, damage to lowest, and then turn Climax time off. Suddenly the game erupted into a huge celebration of footsies when the training wheels came off. Damage and meter abuse was pretty high on the basic setting which obviously was meant for a younger demographic. Change the settings the way I did and every match ends up looking like one of reXXXsoprano's awesome match footage uploads.

Here's hoping they keep the customizable audio too. That was such a plus once I found audio packs and how to set them up. Decade, Kabuto and all the rest on my PSP now get their songs that played on the show during their finales.

Maybe Namco will use the new models from the Battride War series for a new Climax Heroes someday.

Gotta give some props to Kouta. Dude's best friend stabbed him in the back, of course he'll take some time to get over it.

And I wouldn't call him absolutely naive - it didn't take him long to realize the Overlords are cunts and won't work with humans. And when confronted with a machine that'll wipe out the whole world used on plantlife that'll fuck up the whole world, it's not so unviable to ask the dudes with the plantlife to chill.

Also, don't diss Eiji. That dude was actually pretty damn smart, he just played the fool. 'Cept in Core, where he went full stupid.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
GUIS released Kakuranger 48 (only 5 more to go)
Imagination Station released Abaranger 30 and 31

I agree that Kouta isn't more naive than the rest of the Neo Heisei, he's just trapped in a story that's much darker and full of betrayal. Whoever said he's Eiji trapped in an Agito plot is spot on. I think Shotaro/Gentaro would've probably had the same problem.

javadoze

Micchy would be dead by now.
The fruit shop would become a tofu place
Tendou would vow to protect Mai.

-Kouta's sister would be downright oblivious to everything going on.
-Instead of using his own arsenal of weapons for Kiwami Arms, Kouta just outright steals everyone's weapons.
-All crossover/movie tie-in episodes will be replaced with cooking episodes.

WarRock

I agree that Kouta isn't more naive than the rest of the Neo Heisei, he's just trapped in a story that's much darker and full of betrayal. Whoever said he's Eiji trapped in an Agito plot is spot on. I think Shotaro/Gentaro would've probably had the same problem.

Dunno about Shotaro... he was an optimistic guy that had a lot to learn/grow, but I wouldn't say that he was naive. Gen is unthinkable, his character just doesn't work in Gaim's setting.

WillyFive

ToQger 19

This was a fantastic episode. I LOVED the heavy use of miniature special effects in this episode; I wish the entire show was like this.

iszuJbkwo1CQj.gif
builddaioh2.gif

The story itself was also great, made me like #6 and the main premise of the show a lot more. I also loved all the visual gags in this episode. Despite the quality of the rest of the show, the suit actors are still one of the best parts of the show.

i6xnpxNlXnNjb.gif
ibgbW6S5GlU99V.gif

WarRock

This DOES looks good. Almost makes me want to watch ToQ.

Same. I loved that game to death. Played it most of the year because I had my PSP a lot on the go. Got some crazy combos out of Ultimate Kuuga and Amazon. Had a big weakness for using Kabuto, both Za BEE variants, Decade, and V3 as well. Game had just an insanely enormous roster. I couldn't even fit it in the first post of my OT.
Assist groove TheBee is dumb fun. Discovering that he also can Clock Up cracked me up, it's a good lesson on "how to not make clones" in a fighter.

Top Bottom