• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

WillyFive

We didn't even get the traditional helmetless roll call, which has been around since Magiranger.

47 and 48 were basically a two-parter, it began with 47 and concluded in 48. We got the epic final morph and everybody doing the roll call in the first half; and it concluded with the final battle in the second half.

Slayven

How many monsters survive their masters and army getting taken out?

I guess Candy and Lucky will hang with Telephone Alligator.

47 and 48 were basically a two-parter, it began with 47 and concluded in 48. We got the epic final morph and everybody doing the roll call in the first half; and it concluded with the final battle in the second half.

Have you been stalking my posts on other boards? :p

I've been telling everyone this and nobody's listened. This is proven by that fact that episode 47 didn't have an OP either. They were two episodes that were meant to be one.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Got Project M and found a few Rider Textures (Dragoredder for Charizard, Joker for Falcon, OOO for Link), really wish they'd make a mascot-fighter Kamen Rider in the style of Smash Brothers. :(

Decade could be like Kirby.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ian was green screened on to the final dance thing and it looked weird.

I really enjoyed the references to the intro in the episode. Mostly the shot of everyone running towards Daigo on the beach.

WillyFive

Find Ramirez

ibmsRKog76f5Jg.png

We need more Caucasian Rangers in the future. Because why not?

What? LoL this is why the American adaptation of Sentai exist. I doubt Sentai will diversify and what need do they have to do? The audience is Japanese and American has the Caucasian actors en masse.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I don't know, I'm bored and sometimes I make gifs to make a point on random subjects being discussed with friends, but since they're Sentai gifs... why the hell not?

ibq6m5wsDBGnQ7.gif

That's 1986 Choushinsei Flashman for those wondering.

Slayven

I don't know, I'm bored and sometimes I make gifs to make a point on random subjects being discussed with friends, but since they're Sentai gifs... why the hell not?

ibq6m5wsDBGnQ7.gif

That's 1986 Choushinsei Flashman for those wondering.

Love those Flashman suits.

Looks like they will keep Souji's swordstyle

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger premieres in a few hours. Hopefully first impressions are positive.

Also, re-watching the Super Megaforce premiere. I can see the threatened citizens in Gokaiger 1 in one shot. Saban needs to do a better job at editing this, or making new footage.

Oh and the sound mixing is garbage. What is it with sci-fi shows unable to have proper sound? Doctor Who, Power Rangers...

Also, re-watching the Super Megaforce premiere. I can see the threatened citizens in Gokaiger 1 in one shot. Saban needs to do a better job at editing this, or making new footage.

I could too, but remember most viewers of Super Megaforce have probably never watched Gokaiger, so it didn't register for them. It's low on the list of things I'd fix so far.

BatDan

I could too, but remember most viewers of Super Megaforce have probably never watched Gokaiger, so it didn't register for them. It's low on the list of things I'd fix so far.

True, they won't really notice unless you were really looking and know what to look for.

I still hope they at least explain why everything has a pirate motif. At least with Megaforce it's easy not to explain the Angel theme since almost nothing could be seen that way. The Zords are animals (common in Power Rangers), the suits are generic enough to be anything, the cards could be applied anywhere, easy to get away with.

But Super Megaforce is blatantly pirates. Their swords are cutlasses, their guns are flintlock pistols, the red Zord is a pirate ship, they control their Zords with wheels found on ships, the Megazord has a giant cannon in his chest, and their emblem is two swords crossing. People will notice this.

alvmew

True, they won't really notice unless you were really looking and know what to look for.

I still hope they at least explain why everything has a pirate motif. At least with Megaforce it's easy not to explain the Angel theme since almost nothing could be seen that way. The Zords are animals (common in Power Rangers), the suits are generic enough to be anything, the cards could be applied anywhere, easy to get away with.

But Super Megaforce is blatantly pirates. Their swords are cutlasses, their guns are flintlock pistols, the red Zord is a pirate ship, they control their Zords with wheels found on ships, the Megazord has a giant cannon in his chest, and their emblem is two swords crossing. People will notice this.

If the show ever gets to addressing that, I think they will probably just hand wave it away like they did Jake (that's his name, right? ._.) asking Zordon Gosei why he's Green now.

WillyFive

Well...did they ever explain why the MMPR rangers used dinosaurs, or why they later used cars? Maybe it's a meta homage to those times.

They'll probably come up with something by the time Silver comes in.

Slayven

ToQger premieres in a few hours. Hopefully first impressions are positive.

Oh and the sound mixing is garbage. What is it with sci-fi shows unable to have proper sound? Doctor Who, Power Rangers...

They actually gotten better at this.

BatDan

Well...did they ever explain why the MMPR rangers used dinosaurs, or why they later used cars? Maybe it's a meta homage to those times.

They'll probably come up with something by the time Silver comes in.

I do remember Zordon mentioning that they "harness the power of the dinosaurs" or something, and Kimberly just going "dinosaurs?" in a "seriously?" tone.

I am curious how they'll handle Silver seeing as he's not Robo Knight and thus can't go from Megaforce to Super Megaforce.

They actually gotten better at this.

Really now? Hmmmm.

Watch Da Birdie

Watching TOQ live.

When they transform, for some reason the announcer has to say everyone's name TWICE.

The mecha can pull off some cool extending kicks and punches.

Beyond that, well, I really didn't get what was going on, but I was sort of flipping back and forth between watching it and using my phone.

The Ending, well, it's just what appears to be shots of real-world train stations, and it's like only 15 seconds long. The Opening was apparently longer to compensate.

jwk94

I do remember Zordon mentioning that they "harness the power of the dinosaurs" or something, and Kimberly just going "dinosaurs?" in a "seriously?" tone.

I am curious how they'll handle Silver seeing as he's not Robo Knight and thus can't go from Megaforce to Super Megaforce.

Really now? Hmmmm.

Silver will just morph to Super MegaForce...

Watch Da Birdie

The new episode of Gaim probably has one of the best Rider Kicks in recent memory.

Pierre literally appears out of nowhere and kicks Jonouchi in the face

Also, they actually danced.

L8yaMdM.gif
[/IMG]

I had a LOT of fun with ToQger, the first rollcall and henshin was really really cool and the fight was super interesting because of the color switch gimmick. The characters are all goofballs in their own way and I'm just all for it now. Also the opening sequence rules. I was grinning for pretty much the entire episode, I was having so much fun with it.

Also Gaim this week was really good and Pierre and Jonouchi were standouts. Can't wait for next week where
we finally get our Gaim and Zangetsu rematch

Watch Da Birdie

The TOQ dudes are apparently dead children from what I read, who all died at the same time. That's...new.

Slayven

Really now? Hmmmm.

Go back and watch the old season and never notice how it si weird that the monsters only seemed to attack Asians when they first appear?

NeonZ

Could it be they're trying to pass if off as just a generic old looking power set? Isn't the name of the new zord "Legendary" Megazord? It at least implies something old. Maybe they hope people see their emblem as two swords and a shield, like a random medieval family emblem, rather than two swords and a skull.

Regarding the Goseiger, even cutting the wing scenes, they were still left with wing emblems on their chests that are completely random in Megaforce.

Watch Da Birdie

Well, from the reactions of some of the subbers (particularly Magenta) no one has really liked it. So... who knows?

Eh, they played this "will they or won't they" thing with Gaim, I bet they'll probably just teasing folks.

Plus I feel there's enough growing interest in Toku subbing lately that if OT drops out, someone will step in. However, I can see newer groups being a bit late in their release schedule, or burning out too soon.

WillyFive

Someone is going to do it just so that we don't have to wait until next week for subs.

Also, the show's CGI got worse. Why, Toei.

Eh, they played this "will they or won't they" thing with Gaim, I bet they'll probably just teasing folks.

Plus I feel there's enough growing interest in Toku subbing lately that if OT drops out, someone will step in. However, I can see newer groups being a bit late in their release schedule, or burning out too soon.

As someone who subbed for TVN, I can tell you the the weekly grind can burn you out pretty quick.

ToQger is a weird show.

Top Bottom