• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

jwk94

-Kouta's sister would be downright oblivious to everything going on.
-Instead of using his own arsenal of weapons for Kiwami Arms, Kouta just outright steals everyone's weapons.
-All crossover/movie tie-in episodes will be replaced with cooking episodes.

I would not be opposed to this.

-Kouta's sister would be downright oblivious to everything going on.
-Instead of using his own arsenal of weapons for Kiwami Arms, Kouta just outright steals everyone's weapons.
-All crossover/movie tie-in episodes will be replaced with cooking episodes.

lol reminds me kabuto's OP sword pretty much forcefully take all the zecters from other riders to power up.

NeonZ

I agree that Kouta isn't more naive than the rest of the Neo Heisei, he's just trapped in a story that's much darker and full of betrayal. Whoever said he's Eiji trapped in an Agito plot is spot on. I think Shotaro/Gentaro would've probably had the same problem.

Gentaro is usually very perceptive though regarding people's feelings, he just can't read them completely and sometimes makes wrong conclusions based on what he notices. For example, when
Libra fooled them, Gentaro believed in him because he noticed he was putting his heart in it and was truly devoted to something - and he believed that it was about his students. However, it turned out to be to Gamou.

He also had noticed that Ryusei was keeping secrets from them, but believed that he had good intentions, even if he never could tell what it was before pretty much seeing it himself.

Although that was in the Nakashima episodes, when Sanjou was writing him, he was just a completely oblivious idiot. One of Fourze's biggest problems is Sanjou writing a bunch of episodes while not really getting Gentaro and Yuki...

Rajack

Just finished Kamen Rider Agito. That series' writer seemed to love shitting on Gills for some reason. Fantastic series that meandered a bit too much though. The finale was pretty strong, if a bit abrupt.

WarRock

Just finished Kamen Rider Agito. That series' writer seemed to love shitting on Gills for some reason. Fantastic series that meandered a bit too much though. The finale was pretty strong, if a bit abrupt.

Yeah, Gills literally
didn't find peace even after death

i just want a new toku unique series. Garo is the last great new one, but it is kinda running out of steam these days....

kinda miss rescue force :(
When's Cybercops Reboot? I want to see a modern toku with more tech looking armor (that Fourze movie...).

Rajack

Yeah, Gills literally
didn't find peace even after death

When's Cybercops Reboot? I want to see a modern toku with more tech looking armor (that Fourze movie...).

Yeah
He dies in pretty much the shittiest way possible and then the real Tsugami Shouichi (not Agito) revives him to suffer more. Hell, the poor guy even watches his first love suicide herself right in front of him.
he really gets dragged through the muck, shit, and mud. It really doesn't help that even as Exceed Gills he's pretty much a glass cannon.

WarRock

Yeah
He dies in pretty much the shittiest way possible and then the real Tsugami Shouichi (not Agito) revives him to suffer more. Hell, the poor guy even watches his first love suicide herself right in front of him.
he really gets dragged through the muck, shit, and mud. It really doesn't help that even as Exceed Gills he's pretty much a glass cannon.

It's awful how I thought that the puppy he picks up in the finale was going to get murdered somehow
. Well, I'm pretty sure it happens anyway, at least they didn't show it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'd jam with that. Each of the companions henshins into their specific Doctor. I got ideas on ideas about that shit.

Susan the Old Doctor
Jamie the Clown Doctor
Alastair the Dandy Doctor
Sarah Jane the Scarf Doctor
Tegan the Celery Doctor
Peri the Unfashionable Doctor
Ace the Question Doctor
*can't think of one of the Eighth Doctor*
The Mysterious War Doctor
Rose the Dark Doctor
Donna the Tall Doctor
Amy the Chin Doctor
Clara the Foul-Mouthed Doctor

Who Rangers, ready!
Summon the TARDIS Megazord!

This was the stupidest thing I've ever written.

My goodness, ToQRainbow looks like a hot mess.

It looks a massive clusterfuck.
One comment I saw said it looked like they wanted to give Gokai Silver Gold Mode to a mech.

WillyFive

ToQRainbow looks nostalgic; like a mech from the 80's.

anyone know what train the build ressha is modeled off of?

It reminds me of a Gottwald GS 150 and other similar crane cars.

i8EHm4wJIO97u.jpg
ibEGMNbvG1XE2.jpg

Build Dai-Oh is probably a souped up kind with everything and the kitchen sink.

BatDan

About 5min in and it's funnier anything Toqger has done so far

It really was.
Watching that just reminded me how great Kyoryuger was and how mediocre ToQger has been.
At least there's still the ToQger vs. Kyoryuger movie next year so they're not gone for good.

igeagziaMdxI3.PNG

Chances are Dino Charge's explanation will not even be near as descriptive.

When I saw that part, I was getting serious Gosei vibes, and then the sad realization that Power Rangers was playing that type of explanation completely straight while this was obviously a joke. Fucking Saban writers...

WillyFive

Kyoryuger: 100 Years After

This really showed that Riku Sanjo is in a different class of writer than Kobayashi. The script for this movie had a sense of nuance, continuity, and commentary than is mostly completely absent from ToQger (as well as being able to write legit humor, instead of ToQger's sense of humor which involves something silly happening with a silly sound effect playing afterwards; seriously, if it wasn't for the suit actors, ToQger would be such a drab show). The movie was also a pretty good sequel to Kyoryuger as well, even though I wish Sakamoto had directed it (I guess he wanted to do Metal Heroes instead). Kyoryu Gold's actor had a blast playing his role here too.

The ending
with Yayoi at the end was totally rubbing salt in the wound though....ah who am I kidding, that as hilarious too.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I like how Uppy and Icchan were nostalgic for outdated shit and how there were like 17 remakes of Love Touch. A realistic future.

Also the end was an awesome way to get the actors and suit actors together.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
”Uppy" basically steals the show in 100 years after. The whole thing was a constant remidner about how much better the kyoryuger cast is over ToQ.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
”Uppy" basically steals the show in 100 years after. The whole thing was a constant remidner about how much better the kyoryuger cast is over ToQ.

It really is. And uppy on the violet explosion was hilarious

lololol the toy.

0804840840840.jpg

And it being the big mech, its probably well over $100 too.

is your kid suckered into ToQ, or just fruits?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
lololol the toy.

is your kid suckered into ToQ, or just fruits?

So far he likes the show but no toys have been bought outside of the initial shokugan stuff. I find my ability to avoid buying him toys directly relates to how interested in the show I am. Lol

WillyFive

IS the dekabase robo the only robo that they acknowledge that it is bigger than the monsters?

The final Shinkenger combination is taller than the monsters it fought, and the second Jetman robot was supposed to be taller but the limitations of filming with men in suits made it hard to convey in the show.

Wake up kids. The first shots they show of both Grand Liner and Engine Oh G12 after their first combinations is specifically showing how much bigger both are than the monsters they're fighting.

vareon

Don't forget King Pyramider Battle Formation. That thing is HUGE.

Yeah I remember seeing Power Rangers's Pyramidas and it looked ridiculous at the time. It shows how puny the MoTW is and Pyramidas' just standing there, shootin' lasers.

EDIT:

Probably the best joke in 100 Years After. Didn't expect such kind of joke in a sentai.

NeonZ

IS the dekabase robo the only robo that they acknowledge that it is bigger than the monsters?

The Great Titan from Flashman also was pretty big. Although, although not that big, with green screen effects and such to make the monsters smaller or the robot bigger, most ultimate form robots since Go-onger or so are bigger than standard monsters, since the suits have platforms. I actually wish they disregard scale and used same sized suits for the ultimate robots. At least they'd be more mobile.

They could just avoid using them in the city set if they're really worried about scale.

WillyFive

The Great Titan from Flashman also was pretty big. Although, although not that big, with green screen effects and such to make the monsters smaller or the robot bigger, most ultimate form robots since Go-onger or so are bigger than standard monsters, since the suits have platforms. I actually wish they disregard scale and used same sized suits for the ultimate robots. At least they'd be more mobile.

They could just avoid using them in the city set if they're really worried about scale.

I love when they use different scales in an effective way, such as the early fights from Magiranger when the individual zords fought. Too bad budget limitations make those rare.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Probably the best joke in 100 Years After. Didn't expect such kind of joke in a sentai.

I really like the future they portrayed in the movie. The beginning goes out of its way to say "this isn't the bullshit flying car future you were thinking of". Technology got more compact and convenient and people lived longer as medicine improved, stuff that's been happening.

I'm guessing Uppy and Icchan were supposed to be hipsters of some sorts? When they talk about their hobbies they both enjoy how "they're so retro". There was an english phrase thrown into every other line of Uppy's, could that be "commentary" of how english phrases get thrown in to the language (granted most of my exposure to japanese is through these shows) already?

Also funny how Luckiero was quick to dismiss the remake of Love Touch the moment he hears about it claiming it'll never be as good as the original but once he sees a ticket for the movie he jumps on it.

Also this movie continues Kyoryuger's propensity to have random references to past sentai.

SCTRC logo

Tenumi

Banned
"100 Years After" felt like the perfect send off for Kyoryuger. Even gave the new team far more personality than the Toqgers in just one hour long movie.

BatDan

Whoa, GUIS released Kakuranger 49 already. Sounds like they'll finish the series soon.

vareon

Damn, I was about to get excited with today's Gaim until I remembered FOOTBALL.

Im sorry ,but I still dont sentai...could you explain this joke?

An angry Souji is about to slam his money on the table to pay, but this being 100 years in the future, he awkwardly hovered his electronic money on the device instead. It's a classic joke, similar to how you don't slam your phone today, I just don't expect to see it in a kid's show. As with A Pretty Panda said, their vision of 100 years into the future isn't so different from today (for obvious reasons) and they played with it.

Top Bottom