• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Pluto

Honestly, I struggle to remember who aisha was. Like you said she was in mmpr, but what did she do besides go to Africa and give up her power?
To be fair, what did Rocky and Adam do during MMPR? They really didn't come into their own until Zeo, had Karan Ashley stayed Aisha most likely would have become a better character during Zeo too.

I agree that can bug a little bit and overestimates her importance to the fanchise but she's still bothering me much less than JDF, in fact she barely bothers me at all.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Heeey did anyone watch Ultraman Ginga S? Compared to the last series so far so good! Hope they didn't blow the budget on this first episode and the clone of kyary pamyu pamyu.

vareon

Heeey did anyone watch Ultraman Ginga S? Compared to the last series so far so good! Hope they didn't blow the budget on this first episode and the clone of kyary pamyu pamyu.

I want to. Is the first Ginga (which is Shin Ultraman Retsuden?) only 11 episodes, then it continues to S?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
To be fair, what did Rocky and Adam do during MMPR? They really didn't come into their own until Zeo, had Karan Ashley stayed Aisha most likely would have become a better character during Zeo too.

I agree that can bug a little bit and overestimates her importance to the fanchise but she's still bothering me much less than JDF, in fact she barely bothers me at all.

The problem with the replacement Rangers is that they were just... there. They had little personality and served nothing more as suit filler. Not even stock footage suit filler since they weren't using that for Rangers. Just monsters and mechs.

Hell, I'm pretty sure the only reason Adam is considered a great Ranger is that JYB did voices for popular anime, and people put two and two together.

Never really thought much of anything out of any of the zordon arc rangers tbh.

But i don't really care that much about the rangers... i'd rather get a drink with the suit actors lol.

WillyFive

I'm still of the opinion that the character qualities of MMPR and most of the Zordon era characters are based on your childhood imagination of them, like Tommy being awesome and strong, and Jason being a great leader.

I'm still of the opinion that the character qualities of MMPR and most of the Zordon era characters are based on your childhood imagination of them, like Tommy being awesome and strong, and Jason being a great leader.

i feel like the only quality of the zordon era kids was to tell us fat asses to go out and exercise.

Didn't they even get Billy to do karate?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Love this mock-up...

ttMhqte.jpg

I hope so, too.
This show's a big step up from Ginga in both visuals and overall scope; it'd be a shame if they couldn't keep going at this level for a run as short as this, although if they're going to blow most of their budget on one episode, the first episode is probably the place to do it.

I want to. Is the first Ginga (which is Shin Ultraman Retsuden?) only 11 episodes, then it continues to S?
Correct. There's 2 movies, too, but they don't seem all that important. Then again, I'm only up to episode 8 myself, so I could be wrong about whether or not the 2nd movie is important.

Tenumi

Banned

Yeah... over halfway through my current watchthrough of Season 1, everybody's personalities are pretty much the bare minimum.

You are correct. The plots they find themselves in are interesting, but the characters are paper-thin and brick-dumb.

ReiGun

The Power Rangers didnt have personalities until the Turbo team switch. Hell, not until In Space if we're being totally honest.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The Power Rangers didnt have personalities until the Turbo team switch. Hell, not until In Space if we're being totally honest.

Justin was a huge attention suck. The personalities were there, but didnt shine until space when that teratoma was removed

WillyFive

Kouta's actor posted this picture of his cats:

Untitled-1.jpg

Guys JDF is going to be at the convention I'm going to in September. Should I prepare any type of ToQGAF message?

Have him say this:

"Hello, my TokuGAF friends! First, I want to say is that I love you Austin St. John, and I miss you. Your friend, Dragon Ranger, Burai."

jwk94

Just started watching this week's ToQger. Does anyone else think Grita's face is creepy as hell and Z's going to kill her to get "shine" soon?

Nashville. I'm hoping I find some nice Kamen Rider merch. Also, my fiancee and I just started.Kuuga and I am kind of in love with it right now.

I have a soft spot for Kuuga. I had eagerly awaited each tape every month as it was airing. So glad I had that penpal back then.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I have no idea what the heck was going on in Gaim 37 but now I want a Nintendo World Cup style Rider Soccer game.

It was the "just take a week off from watching this show" episode.

I look forward to next week's episode. Shit will get real.

It was the "just take a week off from watching this show" episode.

I look forward to next week's episode. Shit will get real.

I mean bits of it were kinda goofy and fun but it just felt like disjointed nonsense. At least the Kikaider tie-in was kinda cute.

Gaim is in like a perpetual state of shit getting real when it's not taking time off for these things.

only two of those arent gonna bite it. you cant have crossovers without the title characters

:

Zack will be the only Rider alive in the end.

Who needs the title characters when you've got Mr. Knuckleman?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I mean bits of it were kinda goofy and fun but it just felt like disjointed nonsense. At least the Kikaider tie-in was kinda cute.

Gaim is in like a perpetual state of shit getting real when it's not taking time off for these things.

Real talk: I haven't even watched this week's episode yet, and don't really want to. I already watched next week's preview on Toei's website, and that's all I was really interested in.

Pluto

I actually want the riders to lose, Helheim covering earth amd humanity wiped out and turned or into Invess, the last survivor could stumble into the next world and become that world's version of white haired Mai.
If Helheim is growing from dimension to dimension it would be nice if the world we've been seeing is not the one finally stopping it.

They can still bring back the characters for future team-ups, it's not like they care much about continuity for those, they usually explain discrepancies with a throwaway line if at all.

NeonZ

They can still bring back the characters for future team-ups, it's not like they care much about continuity for those, they usually explain discrepancies with a throwaway line if at all.

You're forgetting that the first post-series team up with them will be a Movie Wars, which would have a Gaim focused story that is an epilogue to the tv show. Yeah, continuity isn't a problem for later team ups after that, but it's very important for that first one. Even OOO, which messed up all movies during the show, continuity-wise, still had a post-series Movie Wars story that followed upon its finale.

shaowebb

Man that Rider Cup episode was meh. Still it gave us another look at the movie rider and laid the ground work for the concept that cracks are opening pathways to and from other realities.

Can't wait for 38 to come up soon though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 20

Dear Toei: If you're going to have Kobayashi write a series, make sure it's a "serious" one. Her comedy does not work. Everything about this was terrible.

Also, that ending was cruel. Taking the cat away from Akira...

Next week looks like the annual body-swap episode. At least this one looks like it will advance the villain's story arc and isn't just "we're swapping bodies because we can".

hmmm so zenith form toy is out, guess he's not getting a final weapon of sorts :(

Such a cop out that his final form's weapon is just the previous strongest form's dj gunblade.

What was the last rider that didn't have a final form weapon? I guess decade didn't. Before that... im blanking.

alvmew

hmmm so zenith form toy is out, guess he's not getting a final weapon of sorts :(

Such a cop out that his final form's weapon is just the previous strongest form's dj gunblade.

What was the last rider that didn't have a final form weapon? I guess decade didn't. Before that... im blanking.

Kuuga, Decade, and Gaim haven't. And I guess Climax/Super Climax Den-O if you count that as his final instead of Liner Form.

I actually want the riders to lose, Helheim covering earth amd humanity wiped out and turned or into Invess, the last survivor could stumble into the next world and become that world's version of white haired Mai.
If Helheim is growing from dimension to dimension it would be nice if the world we've been seeing is not the one finally stopping it.

I used to think that the show would eventually wind its way back to the battle scene in the first episode, but that's been unlikely for quite some time now. I don't mind how this show ends, though - it's been on a tear almost non-stop, and I feel like episode 37 is the only real low point in the show so far in terms of progress (because of the stuff that isn't tied into the movie, oddly enough).

Thanks to you, I now realize that Kamen Rider Gaim is Etrian Odyssey's prologue.

Even in an Invess battle, FOE
Team leader turns into a
FOE

Top Bottom