• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Does Toei have a beef with Gamora and is that why we don't get that many Turtle Kajin?

Toei's just realized they've already made the ultimate turtle kaijin, so why even try one-upping it?

N7mgiVE.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Damn, what was up with the camera work this episode?

Really weird, but in a good way. Especially the scene with Kouta and Mai on the edges of the screen when they were talking.

WillyFive

I finally figured out how to turn up the difficulty to the max on Climax Heroes Fourze; made the game a whole lot more fun and exciting to play. I wish I had the Wizard one though; because Fourze just feels incomplete without Meteor and the Fourze super forms. Also, severe lack of Joker, Skull, and Eternal.

Really weird, but in a good way. Especially the scene with Kouta and Mai on the edges of the screen when they were talking.

Yeah, that part was weird. The Gaim henshin for this episode was excellent though, I can't believe they haven't done it before.

javadoze

So will this be the week that Kamen Rider Drive is unveiled? I roughly remember that Gaim was revealed late-July as well. The anticipation is killing me to see the story details (watch me regret these words a few months from now when people don't like Drive).

Watch Da Birdie

It seemed like Michael Bay took over when...

Peco was knocked out and it zoomed in on his headset, fading out...only to switch to slow-mo Kouta and Kaito running in

So will this be the week that Kamen Rider Drive is unveiled? I roughly remember that Gaim was revealed late-July as well. The anticipation is killing me to see the story details (watch me regret these words a few months from now when people don't like Drive).

Gaim was like the 23rd/24th, so yeah, this week seems likely. It was Thursday I believe.

Rajack

Oh man...Gaim's a powder keg positively primed to blow at any moment! This week's episode was absolutely glorious! Thank you based Butcher!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Because what they were saying was important. When the end game comes and whatever happens happens it should make you think back to that part.

It's almost comical how Micchy is being used now. Wile E Coyote shit Capturing Mai is something I expected like 15 episodes ago.

BossRush

Micchy is such a good villain, I love to hate him, but at the same time I also feel bad that I have to hate him since I can remember when he was still good. Giving me a lot of conflicted emotions about the character is great for a villain, as opposed to Sid, who, while a good villain, is a classic villain that you can just be like "Wow what a dick."

javadoze

What can I say about this week's Gaim? I can't believe we're nearing the 40th episode now and it's been a total ride since it started (funny enough, I thought Mitchy would be one of the first characters to be killed off before he was found out as Ryugen).

But still, what's up with Oren? He's been played up in the Beat Riders arc and crushes on Takatora, but yet it feels as if the creative team has no idea what to do with his character past that.

What can I say about this week's Gaim? I can't believe we're nearing the 40th episode now and it's been a total ride since it started (funny enough, I thought Mitchy would be one of the first characters to be killed off before he was found out as Ryugen).

But still, what's up with Oren? He's been played up in the Beat Riders arc and crushes on Takatora, but yet it feels as if the creative team has no idea what to do with his character past that.

I think its one of those cases where a character is kept around because of popularity. His character is more comedy-oriented so its really hard to effectively write him now that things have gotten so serious.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zehkTQixUz4 (funny video)

Defuser

Gaim ep 38
How the hell when Micchy went insane he ignored all power levels and actually beat Kachidoki arms, Kaito and Kiwami arms which is the golden fruit for fucks sake? It's like this episode is written by a WWE writer.

Demuushu rolling in his grave. It's too unbelieveable, it's believeable to say Takatora can do it because he have proven himself to the skillful but not Micchy because he was jobbing all the time.

And Sengoku Ryoma.....oh god, how can he wear that? It's hard to take a few scenes serious when he is wearing that.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Micchy has officially gone full on crazy. Ah I remember the days of when he was innocently watching videos of Maya on is iPhone.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 21

That was actually pretty decent.
We got set up that there's going on with Mio, finally giving us a reason to care about the heroes.
Once again, the villain plotline stole the show. I'm impressed this year's body swap episode actually served a greater purpose to the story rahter than "checking off the Sentai checklist"

Next week's episode looks legit awesome.

javadoze

ToQger 21 impressions

What!?! A good episode of ToQger (aside from the two ToQ6 debut episodes)!?! While I'm not much of a fan of Kobayashi's slow-paced plots, this week was a very nice kick to the story on all fronts.

jwk94

ToQ 6

Am I the only one who was really surprised how well Grita was able to use her facial expressions while in Mio's body? Kinda surprised me since she doesn't really have any in her normal, incredibly creepy, body.

Also, the ending to this episode was so sudden. wtf.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Micchy is such a good villain, I love to hate him, but at the same time I also feel bad that I have to hate him since I can remember when he was still good. Giving me a lot of conflicted emotions about the character is great for a villain, as opposed to Sid, who, while a good villain, is a classic villain that you can just be like "Wow what a dick."

those conflicted feelings are whats keeping him alive. only one person is will to drop the hammer on him, and he gets blown out

Gaim ep 38
How the hell when Micchy went insane he ignored all power levels and actually beat Kachidoki arms, Kaito and Kiwami arms which is the golden fruit for fucks sake? It's like this episode is written by a WWE writer.

Demuushu rolling in his grave. It's too unbelieveable, it's believeable to say Takatora can do it because he have proven himself to the skillful but not Micchy because he was jobbing all the time.

And Sengoku Ryoma.....oh god, how can he wear that? It's hard to take a few scenes serious when he is wearing that.

Here's how it works in the world of Gaim - the more resolve you have to use the belt, the more power you get out of it. Kouta's demonstrated this, Sagara basically flat out said it, and other characters have, in a way, done so as well. If Kouta and Kaito would have duked it out the first time, Kouta would have lost horribly.

Same goes for Bravo. That dude was the only one who knew what he was fighting for (besides knowing how to fight in the first place), and that was for enjoyment. Beat Riders were doing it so they could dance, but that's like a secondary thing, you know?

So anyway, resolve has a direct impact on how strong a belt user is. Even Peachlady said as much during her fight with Kouta (I don't remember which one, maybe the first?).

Now looking at the stats (lol, stats) Kiwi ain't about straight power. Kadoichi (I'm butchering names here, sorry), is more about straight power, but it's slower, while Kiwi is about versatility but is a glass cannon. To add to this, Kouta's best friend just kicked him in the face and Kaito has a busted arm.

On top of that, Micchy's lost it. Like, out to kill. The other two? Just wanna fight for a bit and knock some sense into him. You've got one who's hesitant to even hit his friend and the other one who's all sorts of injured. So for Micchy, that's a perfect storm right there.

Of course, since he took Mai, he's probably superfuck as the previews make it seem like Kouta is done fucking around with him. Maybe not kill, but Kouta's gonna get that resolve back and beat some ass.

Watch Da Birdie

I've heard Drive's conference is the 25th too.

But damn, I love the look of that belt and those cars. Since the car we've seen in shots is confirmed, there was a recent close-up that showed the car had a like Police Logo on it, so seems Drive works for an organization of sorts.

As previously reported, Kamen Rider Drive will be transforming with the Drive Driver. He does so by using tiny cars called Shift Cars together with his belt and bracelet. The belt and bracelet will work together through Infrared. When Drive transforms, he can access different forms called Types. The red Shift Car allows him to transform into Kamen Rider Drive Type Speed. The black Shift Car is called Midnight Shadow, which is paired with an item called the Midnight Shadow Tire.

The DX Drive Driver has 10 different LED lights and will be released early October with no fixed price, the Driver is sold with the bracelet. Kamen Rider Drive also has a car called Trideron.

vareon

I gotta see what the belt does before considering it, because I actually don't care for the toy car gimmick.

Yeah, way less interesting than fruits on a lock (Which itself is wtf. I have plenty of toy cars).

The car and the belt looks good. And I think this is somewhat accurate:

3L8VTej.jpg

The belt is similar.

javadoze

The driver and the brace look cool, but I really can't say anything else beyond that; the motif/toyline really isn't something that can turn me off a show. With that said, I wonder if the rumor of Shun Yoshida being the head writer will turn out to be true? Kamen Rider (and Super Sentai) mostly benefits when there's a new writer with some fresh ideas on board that isn't Kobayashi, Inoue, or someone who's been in the same pool of writers that Toei keeps reusing in the past years.

Top Bottom