• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

vareon

There's also some other stuff, like the Shadowmoon medal, the package with it called him a Rival Rider. There was also the Super Climax Heroes site. Also, some promotion for All Riders vs Dai-Shocker called him an evil Rider. Still, it's inconsistent, and most of the time he's just "Shadowmoon".

Yeah, I don't think it really matters. It will disturb someone OCD with collecting "Evil Riders" though, lol.

He's a rider when Toei finds it convenient. Just like how he sucks ass in combat when Toei needs to make a new hero look powerful.

Shadowmoon being blasted out a thousand meters with a fugging Metal Shaft will forever haunt my mind.

Vargas

BtRxpbwCYAAu8eC.jpg

GOD DAMNIT! I really wanted the TItanium ranger key ><

I think we will still get that and the Jungle Fury key. They just probably won't say Power Morphicon when put into the legendary morpher and will probably won't be shiny.

Slayven

There needs to be more night battles in sentai and kamen rider. I imagine they are a nightmare to shoot, and that is why they are not done often.

KingDirk

There needs to be more night battles in sentai and kamen rider. I imagine they are a nightmare to shoot, and that is why they are not done often.

I feel like I'm noticing way more night scenes in Kuuga. I wonder if the switch to HD has made them harder? Anybody know if budgets have remained mostly the same over the different shows? I feel like I also noticed more extras in the older Heisei shows than the Neo-Heisei shows, though that may just be post-apocalyptic Gaim coloring my viewpoint.

Also, I bit the bullet and ordered Fourze Basestates. It is amazing, I love it, and I now need to be like a hawk to make sure that I preorder Kiwami whenever preorders for it open.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm aware that Shout Factory released the Gamera movies on DVD.
Any word on the quality of the subbing?

WillyFive

I guess that supports Geki dropping by Power Morphicon; of course he's going to plug something. This is excellent news.

Zyuranger is pretty low on the Sentai quality pole, but it does do a lot of stuff better than MMPR did. Not only that, if you grew up with MMPR, seeing Zyuranger's dramatically different tone is entertainment value in of itself.

I'd like to see Jetman and modern shows brought over as well; like having Gokaiger brought over while Super Megaforce airs or Kyoryuger while Dino Charge airs.

BatDan

I guess that supports Geki dropping by Power Morphicon; of course he's going to plug something. This is excellent news.

Zyuranger is pretty low on the Sentai quality pole, but it does do a lot of stuff better than MMPR did. Not only that, if you grew up with MMPR, seeing Zyuranger's dramatically different tone is entertainment value in of itself.

I'd like to see Jetman and modern shows brought over as well; like having Gokaiger brought over while Super Megaforce airs or Kyoryuger while Dino Charge airs.

To me, the main 5 were done better in MMPR. The Zyurangers were just so... boring.
Burai was the show's saving grace.
Also, the Zyurangers actually worked for their power-ups. Compared to Zordon just giving them for free.

I do agree that Zyuranger is mediocre, there's much better seasons (Jetman and Dairanger for one, and what I've seen of Kakuranger is amazing so far).
I am going to get it, hoping that it will bring the good seasons.

Subbed by Takenoko.

Don't even joke...

BatDan

You guys do realize if you want the good seasons, you'll have to buy Zyuranger right?

You don't have to watch it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You guys do realize if you want the good seasons, you'll have to buy Zyuranger right?

so.. if i want time ranger and gogo V, i need to pay for this? that seems like a scam.. that id have to support

wait, does gogo V have subs?

BatDan

I'm reading that the quality of Shout Factory's subs is... poor. That they might do something like call Geki "Jason". Though that might just be /m/ being /m/.

so.. if i want time ranger and gogo V, i need to pay for this? that seems like a scam.. that id have to support

wait, does gogo V have subs?

You do realize how this works right? Buy the thing to hopefully get more things. If enough people buy the Zyuranger sets, then they'll consider releasing the other seasons.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm reading that the quality of Shout Factory's subs is... poor. That they might do something like call Geki "Jason". Though that might just be /m/ being /m/.

You do realize how this works right? Buy the thing to hopefully get more things. If enough people buy the Zyuranger sets, then they'll consider releasing the other seasons.

i do. i just dont want zyu

LostAnkh

We can just let the MMPR fans and Zyuranger fans do that, plus the sad truth is they might only do the Sentai seasons around MMPR.

I'm not gonna throw X amount of money in hopes for [insert season here].

I'm always surprised at how Shout Factory's able to finagle the rights to distribute these shows from some of the more obstinate rights holders in the business.
I mean, Saban's probably just helping them out so they can make some money off of the older stuff, but even that is far more savvy behavior than I expected from them.

I'll probably buy the Zyuranger set just for the novelty of having some officially licensed Sentai, same as I bought Masked Rider: The First.

Then again I haven't actually watched past like a few episodes of Zyu so I might be one of the people that ends up liking it anyway.

This can't be more than 30 bucks. small price to play to support future releases.

If it's something like $30 that's a damn steal compared to Japanese prices. I wish I could have gotten all of Changeman when it came out but at almost $100 a pop it just didn't happen.

BatDan

If it's something like $30 that's a damn steal compared to Japanese prices. I wish I could have gotten all of Changeman when it came out but at almost $100 a pop it just didn't happen.

Whatever the price will be, I guarantee it will be waaaay cheaper than Japan. The way they price DVDs is batshit insane, so overpriced.

EDIT> It's real. Ryugen Blood Kiwi Arms. Also,
Kaito and Kouta fight for the Forbidden Fruit in the last episode.
Youtube search it - there's scans in the video and I can't remember if that's not allowed.

WillyFive

What is Topaspiner's ranger the brave of? The Raging Brave?

Brave? What? You may have watched the terrible TVN subtitles. Anyway, Deathryuger didn't have a roll call. However, considering the lyrics to Tobaspini's portion in the ending credits, it would probably be something to do with sound; like "The Loud Hero" or "The Musical Hero".

New scan of the Drive Driver floating around. It shows Drive's logo on the belt (LED part), which has three dots in the centre of the forehead - like traffic lights.

Like this sketch.
1406341973544.jpg

Also the belt strap clips to the driver like a safety belt, which makes sense.

javadoze

A Telebi-kun snap from a Weibo site is showing what looks a suit upgrade for Ryugen. Red coloured Kiwi head still with green lenses, and part of Grape's chest. Could be fake, could be a Ganbarizing promo.

Grain of salt and all that.

Supposedly it's blood kiwi arms (never imagine I'd type that out), but it's probably ganbaride stuff. Also seeing that it's a bit too late for any more upgrades (except maybe a Jinba Melon appearance).

Also, I wonder if they'll keep the number motif going somehow with Drive being 7 (or if people will see a really loose connection that makes little sense).

Whatever the price will be, I guarantee it will be waaaay cheaper than Japan. The way they price DVDs is batshit insane, so overpriced.

Exactly! I hope we can get some more info on how this will all go down. Will it be the same number of episodes per disk, box set or individual releases, subs or dubs, that sort of thing.

God I want a Dairanger box set.

KingDirk

So I found myself at my local comic book shop hoping to buy a longbox today and instead fiancee and I discovered they got a new shipment of random Kamen Rider Figuarts--Black, G3, and Faiz Blaster Form. Fiancee picked up G3 due to him having a grappling hook, and I will likely pick up Faiz on Friday. Some day we will watch the show's they're from.

WarRock

Wowa, semester is over finally.

@Sharivan and Shaider
Both are looking good! And was that Akagi?

@Driver
That is a good looking belt, hope the two episode formula keeps away from it.

Gaim 37
Good looking monster, Inazuma Eleven live action footage, Kachidoki and surprisingly good Kaito scenes. Can't complain about this.

Gaim 38
Micchy turned into an amazing character/villain huh? His exchange with Mai felt great, as is his twisted logic. And I almost forgot to mention Ryoma's shorts. Certainly the most shocking thing Gaim showed us so far.

Link1110

Catching up on Toqger. Got past the two parter where the
emperor
is introduced. Looks like an interesting villain. Maybe they'll go for a villain who actually develops like Yamimaru or Rio/Melee. They were some of the best Sentai villains, so I'd love to see them do that again.

Now I'm on episode 13 where the monster is painting everything black... This just in, Mick Jagger is officially a Sentai monster.

Also paying Persona Q, I actually recognized Teddy's voice as the announcer from Toqger, then I was shocked to learn it's Kappei Yamaguchi, sounding nothing like Inuyasha/Shinichi Kudou /Ranma/Kabuki Danjuro/Tytree Crowe/Meis. He always sounded so distinctive, I guess he's going different these days.

Ryugen Yomi (or Yomotsu Heguri; "eating from the kitchen of the damned", something like Fruit Of The Dead Arms, or maybe Hell's Kitchen Arms
MISTAAAAAAAH RAMSAY
) is Micchy's final form. It's a red kitbash of Grape Arms and Kiwi Arms, and according to the text from the scan, it can use both those weapons and all the Overlord weapons as well. So, Evil Kiwami basically.

Also, psssssh fucking cheapass candy toy orange lockseed. Could have given them a Kachidoki lockseed to pose with.

Top Bottom