• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

javadoze

Mitchy
has another form
? I'm glad to be wrong. It might seem that
Kaito might not be the final boss after all. I dunno, at this point in time, Kouta and Kaito don't seem like they would fight each other. If anything, Kaito seems to begrudgingly respect Kouta if last week's episode is any indicator.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
EDIT> It's real. Ryugen Blood Kiwi Arms. Also,
Kaito and Kouta fight for the Forbidden Fruit in the last episode.
Youtube search it - there's scans in the video and I can't remember if that's not allowed.

Ryugen Yomi (or Yomotsu Heguri; "eating from the kitchen of the damned", something like Fruit Of The Dead Arms, or maybe Hell's Kitchen Arms
MISTAAAAAAAH RAMSAY
) is Micchy's final form. It's a red kitbash of Grape Arms and Kiwi Arms, and according to the text from the scan, it can use both those weapons and all the Overlord weapons as well. So, Evil Kiwami basically.
Also, psssssh fucking cheapass candy toy orange lockseed. Could have given them a Kachidoki lockseed to pose with.
Thanks for posting information I actively try to avoid.

Wait, which Yoko are we talking about?

Minato Yoko, Kamen Rider Marika.

tumblr_n2tbtz0CgP1ruc976o1_500.png

She's portrayed by Minami Tsukui, who's a trained suit actor. I found out because I was rewatching the Kyoryuger movie and she's in that as well, doing all her own stunts. She even has an understudy for Gaim.

http://redkun.tumblr.com/post/74068730222/so-lets-talk-about-minami-tsukui-who-will-be

First of all, she is an actual badass. Minami was trained by (and is a member of) Japan Action Enterprise, a group that has provided suit actors for Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and the majority of tokusatsu productions in Japan for the past few decades. This means that she is a trained stunt actress who can do all of her own stunts and fight scenes.

She has been active since 2008 and been cast in a number of high-profile stage adaptations of popular anime series: Chie Satonaka in Persona 4 Visualive, Pao-Ling Huang/Dragon Kid in Tiger And Bunny: The Live, and (most recently), Amane Suzuha in Steins;Gate: Living ADV.

Her other roles include one of the main characters of the Toei web original movie Rebellions, the Grasshopper Girl/Hopper Dopant in Kamen Rider W, and as the villainess Earthy in the movie Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger: Gaburincho of Music.

javadoze

I'm kind of surprised how well Kamen Rider Drive is being kept under wraps. Even Drive himself is a silhouette in the leaked toy catalog. Reminds me how Wizard wasn't leaked up to that show's press conference.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Interview with Super Megaforce cast

They actually acknowledge the complete shift from Goseiger and Gokaiger and how strange it is that they all act different.
Andrew Grey actually seems like a really cool guy when he's not acting. Hell, the rest of the cast does. Though it's adorable how they're trying to avoid cursing.

They also address the "simple explanation" line from the first episode. Azim (Jake) actually questioned it and wondered "what's the rest", but was told "that's the whole thing". So yeah, turns out the line was meant to be nothing more than a joke. Majorly backfired for them though... probably because Gosei spent the entire first half not explaining shit...

Midonin

I feel kinda sorry for Drive. No matter what the show does, even if it's picking up from what worked with Gaim and knocks it out of the park, it's going to be standing in a huge shadow of what's likely to be the gold standard for Riders to come for years. I'll go into it with my expectations the same as they are for any first episode, but man. Quite a hurdle to clear.

WarRock

I feel kinda sorry for Drive. No matter what the show does, even if it's picking up from what worked with Gaim and knocks it out of the park, it's going to be standing in a huge shadow of what's likely to be the gold standard for Riders to come for years. I'll go into it with my expectations the same as they are for any first episode, but man. Quite a hurdle to clear.

Anything besides a Fourze -> Wizard situation again I'm ok with.

Link1110

Taffy will be ripping into him promptly, then.

If nothing else, Drive can carve out a niche for itself as a series if it can break the chain of "bad endgame > good endgame" that's been going strong since Kiva.

Hmm? Wasn't Decade after Kiva? Or does that not count because it had no endgame?

Beast saved Wizard's finale in more ways than one.

Yep. Started out as the young lion of the show, and ended up being the real hero.
OlVdkCE.gif

Hmm? Wasn't Decade after Kiva? Or does that not count because it had no endgame?

I was counting Decade's endgame as "good", and Kiva's as "bad". Decade's TV show might have ended on a cliffhanger, but last I heard the movie went over well, whereas many people felt that Kiva's present-day ending made the finale too predictable
and its "The Adventure Continues" capper didn't go over too well, either

I guess saying "good" and "bad" makes it too subjective, though.
Still, having 2 solid KR shows in succession would be nice, so fingers crossed.

javadoze

In my eyes, Beast
freeing his phantom and saving the city
was the finale. Whatever Haruto did afterwards was little more than an afterthought.

On the note of Gaim. Kiwami Arms had a really nice fight this week, getting more usage out of all of the arms weapons rather than using one at a time. Of course, more of Ryoma's Pants/Coat doesn't hurt too.

vareon

I was counting Decade's endgame as "good", and Kiva's as "bad". Decade's TV show might have ended on a cliffhanger, but last I heard the movie went over well, whereas many people felt that Kiva's present-day ending made the finale too predictable
and its "The Adventure Continues" capper didn't go over too well, either

I guess saying "good" and "bad" makes it too subjective, though.
Still, having 2 solid KR shows in succession would be nice, so fingers crossed.

Kiva's end is predictable, rushed, and played too safe, but it was a proper end. Decade (+ movies) was a clusterfuck. I can't even compare the two.

I don't know what latest KR endgame I really enjoyed, though. Maybe Fourze.

WillyFive

Beast was by all means the hero of the show.

Anyway, yeah Fourze had a really great end game, particularly in how well set up it was. It all made sense and was built up logically, unlike the huge infodumps other KR shows do. It felt like the writer knew the ending from the beginning, instead of making it up around the last quarter of the show.

Slayven

Beast was by all means the hero of the show.

Anyway, yeah Fourze had a really great end game, particularly in how well set up it was. It all made sense and was built up logically, unlike the huge infodumps other KR shows do.

Despite having one of the worse powerups ever.

javadoze

Despite having one of the worse powerups ever.

Any secondary rider powerup that involves just getting a gun is pretty bad. Meteor Storm, however, is worse with a disappointing powerup (Bayblade Stick) and one of the ugliest suit designs ever (considering how good the normal Meteor suit is).

Rajack

Any secondary rider powerup that involves just getting a gun is pretty bad. Meteor Storm, however, is worse with a disappointing powerup (Bayblade Stick) and one of the ugliest suit designs ever (considering how good the normal Meteor suit is).

Ixa Rising is pimp bro.

javadoze

Here's another photo of Drive being filmed.
tumblr_n9fl48uZDf1tcbqr9o2_1280.jpg

I wish they would just come out and announce it already so we don't have to squint at blurry set photos.

Tenumi

Banned
Sometimes I think these pics are purposefully leaked by production crew and intentionally blurry to try and raise hype levels.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oh man Next week preview is giving me OOOs vibe.

Man I think I will end up putting Gaim as my second favourite Kamen Rider after W.

Who dressed Warren these past two episodes?

His mother.

Indeed, Beast is the underdog of the show and is the real hero as he save day whereas Haurto was well willing to die.

Indeed Meteor > Meteor Storm.

Here's another photo of Drive being filmed.
tumblr_n9fl48uZDf1tcbqr9o2_1280.jpg

I wish they would just come out and announce it already so we don't have to squint at blurry set photos.

But squinting at blurry pictures are the best.

But squinting at blurry pictures are the best.

"He's red? That's obviously a homage to Kamen Rider Kabuto. Thee headlights on his forehead plus two arms and two legs... SEVEN! The Neo-Heisei numbering scheme continues! Cars? Comedy show like Carranger confirmed!"

Mr-Joker

Banned
"He's red? That's obviously a homage to Kamen Rider Kabuto. Thee headlights on his forehead plus two arms and two legs... SEVEN! The Neo-Heisei numbering scheme continues! Cars? Comedy show like Carranger confirmed!"

You know what? I can honestly see Kamen Rider Drive being more light hearted since Gaim was very serous.

Either way I am really interested to see what they do with it, I love me some Kamen Rider.

Kamen Rider Beast was a great series.

It's better with mayonnaise.

Zynx

I wish Gaim's episodes were longer. Even though we're getting plenty of plot and action each week, it feels like barely a day has gone by in the show after a month of real life time.

With both Kouta and now Mai still believing in Micchy, I really wonder how it will all end - he is a murderer, after all. I do figure Yuuya in the preview is a hallucination or dream, but as for the rest, who knows.

Mr. Pointy, I really didn't appreciate you posting that information unspoilered.

WarRock

Gaim 39

Zack keeps being the best Rider. Awesome episode all around, so many good scenes. I laughed really loud when
Kaito punched Ryoma

Kung Fu Cop feat. some Kamen Rider Guys aka Terui Ryu Goes Berserk and Has Some Marriage Problems: The Movie
There isn't a single thing bad or wrong about this, holy fucking shit. Movie also reminded me that the W Driver is the best belt, the sound effects after the voice are so PERFECT.

789shadow

Banned
ToQger 20

How meta. An entire episode about the ToQgers trying to make people laugh and failing. And then Akira doing it effortlessly.

vareon

Nothing kills me more than people trying to find patterns where it doesn't exist, i.e. Neo Heisei continued numbering scheme and Showa parallels.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 22

Things are finally happening!
Sounds like Grita will be the main villain for a while. I figured she would but I didn't see her EATING Z.
That last scene made it really obvious that the ToQgers are kids in adult bodies. The darkness overtaking their town right as the festival was happening.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Kung Fu Cop feat. some Kamen Rider Guys aka Terui Ryu Goes Berserk and Has Some Marriage Problems: The Movie
There isn't a single thing bad or wrong about this, holy fucking shit. Movie also reminded me that the W Driver is the best belt, the sound effects after the voice are so PERFECT.

I still watch that movie I haven't gotten around to it, also yes the W Driver is awesome.

I am also fond of Decade driver and the OOOs driver.

Top Bottom