• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

BossRush

I just got my drivers license finally so I'm now really excited for Drive to come out so I can hopefully get Car related merchandise to put on a keyring

NeonZ

I'm surprised up to now there's no sports themed rider.

KAMEN RIDER SPORTS

Well, the Gaim movie seems like it's heading to have the lowest box office ever for a Rider summer movie, so I don't think they'll touch sport themes with an actual Rider tv show any time soon.

Slayven

Well, the Gaim movie seems like it's heading to have the lowest box office ever for a Rider summer movie, so I don't think they'll touch sport themes with an actual Rider tv show any time soon.

Shouldn't hurt them, looks like they spent no money on it besides apple's suit.

NeonZ

Shouldn't hurt them, looks like they spent no money on it besides apple's suit.

There's supposed to be a 10 minute long action scene with tons of background extras (Yggdrazil soldiers vs a mercenary unit led by Bravo). That might have eaten some budget.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, apparently Gaim might not air till the 23rd...but if it's pre-empted that long, I also heard they're gonna show it at an irregular timeslot on the 24th and 25th...

Defuser

lazyiii2l.gif

Akira sure gotten lazy to properly do his henshin.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, I noticed KR being more involved in football (not soccer)

So that explains why Pokemon was happy

javadoze

So, apparently Gaim might not air till the 23rd...but if it's pre-empted that long, I also heard they're gonna show it at an irregular timeslot on the 24th and 25th...

Guess it'll be awhile until I can joke about Mitchy's
Grapes of Wrath.

So what Rider show should I watch in the meantime? Kuuga or Agito? Also, what Showa Riders can you recommend since I've watched none of it?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
We decided to go see the new ToQ\Gaim movie today (since no super hero time) and...

Toq movie was okay! I actually think the safari power ups are the best and maybe only good thing Toq has ever done. Also, having had watched her show with my son as part of NHK's childrens block for a couple years it was weird seeing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jEsXKVANMc as a character here. It also made me realize we hadn't seen inner-kagura since like the 6th episode. Forgot that was even a thing.

Gaim was also just OK. Alternate universe BS that has no effect on the story. It was fun seeing Gaim use Banana, Donguri and Dorian arms, I guess. Soccer ties into the ending

Ending spoiler
Silver Apple turns into a fucking soccer ball and Gaim kicks it into a fiery goal destroying a fiery red apple

jwk94

So I think I'm going to try watching Samurai again, now that I'm done with the Disney seasons and can't stomach Wild Force. Seriously, Wild Force is absolutely awful.

WillyFive

If Time Force is what happens when you do a 1:1 translation of a good season, Wild Force is what happens when you do the same for a bad season.

Grapes of Wrath.

So what Rider show should I watch in the meantime? Kuuga or Agito? Also, what Showa Riders can you recommend since I've watched none of it?

Amazon is my favorite of the Showa.

Grapes of Wrath.

Of those two, I prefer Agito. The ensemble cast works.

WarRock

Grapes of Wrath.

Haven't watched Kuuga yet, but if you enjoy Gaim Agito is a safe bet in my opinion.

Amazon is my favorite of the Showa.
Man, think I stopped watching it on the... third episode? Should fix that.

vareon

Grapes of Wrath.

Kuuga if you like a Japanese Drama starring Kamen Rider in it. Agito if you like heavier stuff. Both can be super grim at times, though.

javadoze

Just watched Kuuga up to episode 6 and it's pretty weird with its slow pace compared to modern Rider (but not in a bad way). The show is interesting in the sense of how the production team could do more with less. It's like a cop drama but with Kamen Rider.

With that said, the bike fight scene in episode 4
was pretty awkward. I mean, couldn't Godai have bothered to get off his bike when he got indoors? The point of the TryChaser 2000 was to be extremely fast and to allow him to catch the Grongi, not do tricks over abandoned cars while the monster leisurely jogs away.

jwk94

Samurai isn't that bad from what I remember. There are two things that REALLY bothered me in this season though:

1) Najee's thing he did with his voice. I was surprised to find out he doesn't sound like that in real life. I have no clue why he did that with his voice, but it kinda ruined his character for me.

2) Everyone's blind allegiance to Jayden because he's the red ranger. It made sense in Shinkenger but it doesn't make sense in Samurai because they didn't bother to explain it smh.

3) Ah crap, I forgot about Bulk and Spike. Those characters were so unnecessary.

Day Off has to be the best episode of Samurai though. The training Jayden had to go through to use the Beattle disc was grueling and it made you feel like he actually earned the disc's power.

Just watched Kuuga up to episode 6 and it's pretty weird with its slow pace compared to modern Rider (but not in a bad way). The show is interesting in the sense of how the production team could do more with less. It's like a cop drama but with Kamen Rider.

With that said, the bike fight scene in episode 4
was pretty awkward. I mean, couldn't Godai have bothered to get off his bike when he got indoors? The point of the TryChaser 2000 was to be extremely fast and to allow him to catch the Grongi, not do tricks over abandoned cars while the monster leisurely jogs away.

Kuuga is a fantastic show in terms of atmosphere. What it lacks in flashiness it makes up for in impact. Enjoy any bike action in it, because you don't really see much of that in heisei.

Midonin

At least we got confirmation that the Gaim sport delays may only affect one station in one part of Japan, meaning the main Tokyo station/TV Asahi will show all the episodes in August as expected.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So, I guess because of the lack of Gaim today, Aesir people made a broadcast watching episodes 37 and 38 of Gaim released by TV-N and commenting on the episodes/translation choices made by TV-N. I was watching something else live at the time, so I just dumped the stream to my HDD, so I could watch later.

However, I lost the first 5-10 minutes of it, so after watching the 1:20 hour stream I had (where they watched both episodes and then talked a lot about Mega Man Battle Network, it seems - I stopped watching after the gaim stuff), I went to their Twitch channel to get the archived version and watch my missing 10 minutes and... there's no archived version.

So I guessed I might as well upload the unaltered 3gb file (it would take too long for me to encode it into something else, because it's kind of a mangled file) to Mega and put it up here for whoever wants to watch it.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So, I guess because of the lack of Gaim today, Aesir people made a broadcast watching episodes 37 and 38 of Gaim released by TV-N and commenting on the episodes/translation choices made by TV-N. I was watching something else live at the time, so I just dumped the stream to my HDD, so I could watch later.

However, I lost the first 5-10 minutes of it, so after watching the 1:20 hour stream I had (where they watched both episodes and then talked a lot about Mega Man Battle Network, it seems - I stopped watching after the gaim stuff), I went to their Twitch channel to get the archived version and watch my missing 10 minutes and... there's no archived version.

So I guessed I might as well upload the unaltered 3gb file (it would take too long for me to encode it into something else, because it's kind of a mangled file) to Mega and put it up here for whoever wants to watch it.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

I'll check this out, thanks.

WarRock

Why yes, I'll enjoy my toku subbers talking about Battle Network once more!

Slightly off topic but: did anybody here watched Blue Blazes, the drama that O-T is subbing? Seems pretty interesting after reading their synopsis.

sprsk

ph01.png

Saw this on a truck during lunch. Apparently the cover of a new album from the band "Greeeen" (who themselves aren't toku related but uh yeah I think I've seen that outfit before...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wouldn't he also need to watch Jungle Fury for the OO review? Also, that's a rather short gap for RPM.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wouldn't he also need to watch Jungle Fury for the OO review? Also, that's a rather short gap for RPM.

Why? There's no more crossovers after Once a Ranger. In the Disney era that is.

I don't see him doing Dino Charge until at least 2017 since that season will end in 2016 (stupid Nickelodeon).

WillyFive

Hope you guys enjoy it.

It angers me when people stream stuff on Twitch and forget to check the box that says "Archive This Stream". What's the point when it's lost forever?

sprsk

I've been watching Go-onger eps with my kid on youtube and what is up with the english subtitles including sentence endings like "ojaru" "zoyo" and "narina"?

What the fuck is wrong with the translators that they would leave that crap in exactly as it is said in the Japanese?

It's driving me nuts.

Tenumi

Banned
I've been watching Go-onger eps with my kid on youtube and what is up with the english subtitles including sentence endings like "ojaru" "zoyo" and "narina"?

What the fuck is wrong with the translators that they would leave that crap in exactly as it is said in the Japanese?

It's driving me nuts.

That's TV-Nihon for you. Experts of the half-"translated" sentence.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You can also tell if it's TV-Nihon if the transformation and attack names are all bright flashy effects. It's beyond annoying.

If you want competent Go-onger subs, look for Go-Anonger.

vareon

It's driving me nuts.

Daijoubu, sprsk-dono. It's just TV-Nihon-tachi's way translating things from Japanese to...less Japanese. Mou, people is fast to get annoyed!

Edit: I feel sick typing that. I need to lie down.

Bikkun

Neo Member

It's driving me nuts.

Do yourself a favor, watch Go-Anonger's subs.

Top Bottom