• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

BossRush

So yeah, that uh, Kamen Rider Wars....

It was pretty bad....

I'm absolutely shocked that a Super Hero Taisen movie was bad. Look. Look at how shocked I am.

e4RPAKl.jpg

javadoze

So I just finished Kuuga after marathoning it over the past few days and I'm pretty happy with it for the most part.

• Yuuske is a charming-as-hell solo rider and Ichijo is the kind of character that most secondary riders wish to be.
  • While slow paced, it allows the show to establish its world and to get to know the characters. Kuuga is a bit like Kamen Rider as a cop drama.
  • I thought the individual Grongi made good villains
    and found the fact they just kill people as part of a game to be a horrifying concept
    . However, I wish they had less awkward dialogue scenes (or at least had their Grongi-speak translated).
  • While there's less fight scenes in Kuuga, it didn't bother me since the show gave more weight to them (and the fact that the show is very consistent in regards to its power levels was a plus).
  • The final few episodes felt a bit rushed. It doesn't help that
    N-Daguva-Zeba was introduced so late in the show and that they skip Kuuga's first fight with him.

Overall, Kuuga is a pretty good rider show. If you're used to Neo-Heisei series up to now, it may be a bit odd to venture back to a time with less fight scenes, less riders, less toy ads, less fruit, and etc. But trust me, give it some time and it'll win you over.

Now for the remaining Heisei Rider shows I have left to watch... Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, and Kiva...
Please send help if the severe amounts of Inoue causes me to jump in a river.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Gaim was awesome, prolly the best ep yet. Finally Kouta got some real character growth.

And finally TOQ has something cool. Though I still maintain my prediction Zed will become ToQ0

Good week.

So I just finished Kuuga after marathoning it over the past few days and I'm pretty happy with it for the most part.

• Yuuske is a charming-as-hell solo rider and Ichijo is the kind of character that most secondary riders wish to be.
  • While slow paced, it allows the show to establish its world and to get to know the characters. Kuuga is a bit like Kamen Rider as a cop drama.
    and found the fact they just kill people as part of a game to be a horrifying concept
    . However, I wish they had less awkward dialogue scenes (or at least had their Grongi-speak translated).
  • While there's less fight scenes in Kuuga, it didn't bother me since the show gave more weight to them (and the fact that the show is very consistent in regards to its power levels was a plus).
    N-Daguva-Zeba was introduced so late in the show and that they skip Kuuga's first fight with him.

Overall, Kuuga is a pretty good rider show. If you're used to Neo-Heisei series up to now, it may be a bit odd to venture back to a time with less fight scenes, less riders, less toy ads, less fruit, and etc. But trust me, give it some time and it'll win you over.

Now for the remaining Heisei Rider shows I have left to watch... Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, and Kiva...

Agito is the only Inoue work I like. It really seems to be the odd one out in terms of his approach to writing. Glad to hear that you liked Kuuga!

Link1110

Watching ToQger 22... Has anything like this happened so early on Sentai... Ever? I mean, this is seriously every Sentai final arc trope crammed into one episode halfway through the series.

True bad guy takes charge and destroys the rangers like in Gekiranger... Check
Villains get their own mecha that's way more powerful than the heroes and destroys them like in Fiveman/Jetman/Zyuranger... Check
Bad guy seizes the heroes base, transforms it into the mecha and attacks the heroes with it like in Dekaranger... Check.

The closest anything this huge happened this early was in Jetman with the Semimaru arc which happened at exactly the same episode number, but so much happened there that this is bigger than even that.

vareon

If you want a follow up (of some sort) to Kuuga, go Agito. If you wan't something that's closest to Kuuga, go Hibiki.

Yeah, Kuuga is strange in terms of how detached it was from the plethora of merchandises,

NeonZ

Wait is the new SHT movie out?
Only the raw.

I thought it was a good movie for once. Good action with even the suit only past heroes remembering (some of) their abilities; Takumi and Jin Keisuke were handled well, Tsukasa also was great here, in spite of basically only losing through the movie. ZX had a great scene too.
Fifteen had presence, even if his character wasn't anything special.

The Sentai were random and shouldn't have been there, and the conclusion of the Showa Vs Heisei battle was a cop out (no flower in the Showa ending though), but the ending sequence still had that really good Rider 1 transformation and the interaction after their battle was pretty good too, alongside the epilogue scenes, so it's not like the entire ending was problematic.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So Bandai is joining the "Toy-to-Game Connectivity" craze with a Kamen Rider game for PS3 and Wii U. Though it looks like they're taking the lazy route and all the figures have the same pose.

If it does well, they might do the same for Sentai. Now that would utterly destroy wallets.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So I guess Aesir is doing a live thing again:

Obnoxious Wocnum #2 @gtcaphi
Team Aesir's gonna watch TBN 39 in ten minutes. Set your watches, or just come hang out with us until then. hitbox.tv/gtcaphi

vareon

So Bandai is joining the "Toy-to-Game Connectivity" craze with a Kamen Rider game for PS3 and Wii U. Though it looks like they're taking the lazy route and all the figures have the same pose.

If it does well, they might do the same for Sentai. Now that would utterly destroy wallets.

Can't see it doing really well--at least Amiibo had the novelty of having a good, affordable Nintendo figures. Kamen Rider has no shortages of good and cheap figures, so let's see.

So I guess Aesir is doing a live thing again:

Damn, can't watch it again :/

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Damn, can't watch it again :/

I recorded the "let's watch TVN's Gaim 39" part, and then I stopped the recording, but they are playing Tales and talking about stuff now.

I asked if I could upload it to youtube, and they said that they clicked the thing that would archive it, so you can probably watch it later.

If not, I can upload the part of the video I have to youtube or to mega again. Sorry, no Tales gameplay for that. :D

alvmew

Gaim 40

Nice plot set-up episode. Looks like the Blade End™ is really gonna happen - them vines at the end :0. Can't wait to see Kaito wreck Micchy's shit and Kouta kill Redue, but I really don't want this show to end ;_;

Alright after seeing these reactions to some Gaim stuff I have to ask. Did Gaim get a lot better? I watched the first few episodes and found it kinda boring compared to other recent kamen riders like W or Fourze. Is it worth catching up? I've been keeping up with ToQger but I want more toku goodness

jwk94

If there's one thing that bothers me about PR these days, it's how they cover their faces when using stunt actors for the civilian fights.

jwk94

Alright after seeing these reactions to some Gaim stuff I have to ask. Did Gaim get a lot better? I watched the first few episodes and found it kinda boring compared to other recent kamen riders like W or Fourze. Is it worth catching up? I've been keeping up with ToQger but I want more toku goodness

I watched the first few episodes of Gaim and hated it. I then saw how much people in this thread were hyped so i decided to see what the fuss was about. I'm now one of those people. Do yourself a favor and give it another chance.

WillyFive

Gaim doesn't have as much humor or dramatic flair as Fourze or W, but it's story is very well told and the lack of a set episode structure makes it seem like something important is always going on. I really recommend it.

vareon

I recorded the "let's watch TVN's Gaim 39" part, and then I stopped the recording, but they are playing Tales and talking about stuff now.

I asked if I could upload it to youtube, and they said that they clicked the thing that would archive it, so you can probably watch it later.

If not, I can upload the part of the video I have to youtube or to mega again. Sorry, no Tales gameplay for that. :D

That would be more than enough, thanks :D

WarRock

ONLY THE STRONG PUT FROSTED FLAKES IN THEIR PIES

*slams hand on wall*

*leaves room*

Hahaha.

Gaim 40
Oh my god this is so good. Really glad the ugly suits didn't stop me from watching Gaim.

This is more or less what I expected OOO to become eventually (though with a "but my will/friends/feelings opened up a way to save everyone and everything, fuck your rules" twist).

Seeing the next episode, I SERIOUSLY HOPE that Micchy
doesn't gets to kill Ornac/Bravo

Top Bottom