• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

jwk94

So Japan is getting a space force in 2019. I think we're due for another space themed sentai...without animals.

WarRock

I've been watching Go-onger eps with my kid on youtube and what is up with the english subtitles including sentence endings like "ojaru" "zoyo" and "narina"?

What the fuck is wrong with the translators that they would leave that crap in exactly as it is said in the Japanese?

It's driving me nuts.

Never forget.

tumblr_mi2bryeZZ71s4ltl4o1_500.jpg

javadoze

Daijoubu, sprsk-dono. It's just TV-Nihon-tachi's way translating things from Japanese to...less Japanese. Mou, people is fast to get annoyed!

Edit: I feel sick typing that. I need to lie down.

Don't mind me, I'm just listening to the coffee-tachi.

(After reading some of the Aesir people dissecting episodes of TV-Nihon"s Gaim subs and seeing how much they get wrong, I'm pretty content staying away.)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Don't mind me, I'm just listening to the coffee-tachi.

(After reading some of the Aesir people dissecting episodes of TV-Nihon"s Gaim subs and seeing how much they get wrong, I'm pretty content staying away.)

Incorrect intention is another huge sin.
People that have watched MFC's Goseiger subs said it's a much better show now as things make sense, compared to when TV-N subbed it and it was a mess.

This wouldn't be a problem if simulcast subs were a thing... stupid actor fees.

KingDirk

I'm making my way through the Heisei Kamen Rider series and don't know any options for non-TV-Nihon subs pre-W. Any advice? I was super-relieved when I found a Kuuga source the other day.

WarRock

MegaAnon is doing Decade sloooooowly, the Faiz scrub apparently was cancelled and I do not know the status of the new Hibiki subs someone was doing. I think there is an alternative to Blade too (or at least there was one in the works).

Besides that, yeah, MCS for Kuuga and Gomenrider for Agito.

And that reminds me I have not watched Agito Project G4.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Daijoubu, sprsk-dono. It's just TV-Nihon-tachi's way translating things from Japanese to...less Japanese. Mou, people is fast to get annoyed!

Edit: I feel sick typing that. I need to lie down.

Wakarimashita Vaeron-san, korekara I will avoid watching their fansubs dekiru kagiri.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

LostAnkh

So, I guess because of the lack of Gaim today, Aesir people made a broadcast watching episodes 37 and 38 of Gaim released by TV-N and commenting on the episodes/translation choices made by TV-N. I was watching something else live at the time, so I just dumped the stream to my HDD, so I could watch later.

However, I lost the first 5-10 minutes of it, so after watching the 1:20 hour stream I had (where they watched both episodes and then talked a lot about Mega Man Battle Network, it seems - I stopped watching after the gaim stuff), I went to their Twitch channel to get the archived version and watch my missing 10 minutes and... there's no archived version.

So I guessed I might as well upload the unaltered 3gb file (it would take too long for me to encode it into something else, because it's kind of a mangled file) to Mega and put it up here for whoever wants to watch it.

Hope you guys enjoy it.
Thanks for the share, the last part with Battle Network was in my interests.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
RPM is pretty short, so i could see why, and he also needs to catch up so he doesn't have to worry about falling behind.

Ahh true.

Why? There's no more crossovers after Once a Ranger. In the Disney era that is.

I don't think crossovers affect that. The crossovers are about a past season.

I was talking about how he usually watches the next show first to "digest" the thoughts of the season he just watched before.

Slayven

I've been watching Go-onger eps with my kid on youtube and what is up with the english subtitles including sentence endings like "ojaru" "zoyo" and "narina"?

What the fuck is wrong with the translators that they would leave that crap in exactly as it is said in the Japanese?

It's driving me nuts.

Ironically they forgot what translation means.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hey, looks like someone caught Drive's car on film!

It's driving me nuts.

Go-Onger is seriously my favorite Sentai. Hope you enjoy it! I found it too be a blast, and I don't care what anyone says, but the final robot combination rules.

Never forget.

tumblr_mi2bryeZZ71s4ltl4o1_500.jpg

Are there any Super Sentai manga out there? Like official publications?

WarRock

Hey, looks like someone caught Drive's car on film!

Go-Onger is seriously my favorite Sentai. Hope you enjoy it! I found it too be a blast, and I don't care what anyone says, but the final robot combination rules.

Are there any Super Sentai manga out there? Like official publications?

He is talking about how sentai members were called something-man but nowadays is something-(ran)ger.

@Panda
There is a Goranger manga. I've seen a.. Boukenger one, I think, but I don't know if it's official.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I know that image is a mistranslation, I was just wondering if there were any actual Sentai Manga.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Can someone point me in the right direction to watch the Shōwa riders subbed?

It's driving me nuts.

Ah I see you discovered the crap that is TV-Nihon, yeah if you're trying to watch Super Sentai on youtube you're going to run into TV-Nihon subs.

You can also tell if it's TV-Nihon if the transformation and attack names are all bright flashy effects. It's beyond annoying.

Indeed, I was watching their sub of Den-O and they left one of attack name in Japanese and I was left confused since I clearly missed out on a joke.

I am also going to have to rewatch Kamen Rider W since I can't trust if they faithfully subbed that as well. Plus bright flashy effects is just stupid when you're suppose to be subbing.

I also heard that they completely changed Blade ending because they didn't like the original ending.

WarRock

Looks like the new Hibiki subs are on youtube (still not finished).

Okay, someone's lying to you. That's not true.
There are people who say that they butchered the dialogue so bad some of the plot is understood wrong, that's probably what he's referring to.

Can someone point me in the right direction to watch the Shōwa riders subbed?
Kit Subs has the original and Skyrider.
Hi no Tori has Amazon.
Midnight Crew has Stronger and ZX.
MegaAnon did
G
, ZO and J.
Somebody did V3, but I don't know who.

Dunno about Black and Black RX since
dub

I know that image is a mistranslation, I was just wondering if there were any actual Sentai Manga.
That's the only one I'm sure about:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=49171

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I like the time that Takenoko misheard "Precious" as "Princess" in Akibaranger. Then after noting that the Japanese blogs he used to check the scripts said "Precious", he doubled the fuck down and insisted that the Japanese blogs were wrong.

Well, there's not much to explain. It sounded a lot like princess to me. In the context that he's talking about Sayaka, mistaking it as princess is a compelling mistake.

Edit: I dunno, listening to it again, it really does sound like princess to me. I know both the blogs I use to check these things say "precious" but sometimes people make mistakes.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about TV-N, I don't know what does.

WillyFive

The Kamen Rider segment of their version of Let's Go Kamen Rider is pretty good. That and the Fourze graduation are the only songs of them I like though; I think they make awful songs in general.

jwk94

Almost done with Samurai. This half's not bad, but my boy Antonio gets annoying sometimes. They really should have started the series off with an Origins double feature. I'm on Origins part 1 right nwo an it's really good....except Octoroo is rhyming for no reason.

lol Octoroo just referred the fact that Xandred rarely opens his mouth when he speaks.

Wait wait wait, so Mia just leaves the kids she's supposed to be looking after??

Top Bottom