• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Wiseblade

I finished Wizard a while back, I should probably post my impressions:

Kamen Rider Wizard END

What happened to this show? Considering how much I enjoyed the fights at the beginning, the final stretch bored me to death. I struggled to care even a little about Koyomi's plight and Gremlin just refused to go away. Gremlin as the final boss was a complete joke. Beast deserves a medal for all that jobbing. Rinko got more screentime towards the end, which is what kept me watching.

Overall, Wizard was a huge disappointment. Bring on the dancing fruits.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Kamen Rider Wizard END

What happened to this show? Considering how much I enjoyed the fights at the beginning, the final stretch bored me to death. I struggled to care even a little about Koyomi's plight and Gremlin just refused to go away. Beast deserves a medal for all that jobbing. Rinko got more screentime towards the end, which is what kept me watching.

Overall, Wizard was a huge disappointment.

Yeah, Beast and Rinko are the real hero of the show.

The most annoying things is that Wizard had the potential of being Kuuga 2.0 but fell flat.

I also suspect that Koyomi actress being busy also didn't help, why they chose her for a major character is beyond me.

javadoze

Kamen Rider Wizard END

What happened to this show? Considering how much I enjoyed the fights at the beginning, the final stretch bored me to death. I struggled to care even a little about Koyomi's plight and Gremlin just refused to go away. Gremlin as the final boss was a complete joke. Beast deserves a medal for all that jobbing. Rinko got more screentime towards the end, which is what kept me watching.

Overall, Wizard was a huge disappointment. Bring on the dancing fruits.

Phoenix really should've switched places with Gremlin in the plot.

Wiseblade

Kyoryuger END

C'mon man, show some restraint! Yayoi's right there, no need to rub it in.

Good show has a good finale. Not nearly enough full team roll calls for my liking, but I'll let it slide because of how fun the core 6 were. I can't think of a couple ever being so explicit in the other Sentai I've watched. That was Saban-level shipping.

There's an insane amount of GIF material in the show, I'll probably give it a rewatch eventually for that express purpose.

Candelia's human form is the dark horse of the show.

I didn't bother ranking the two Rider shows I've watched (Hint: I Liked Fourze more) but for Sentai...

Gokai Tier
Gokaiger

High Tier
Kyoryuger
Shinkenger
(Ask me tomorrow and these two will switch places)

Mid Tier
Gekiranger
Jetman

Low Tier
Go-Busters

All aboard the hype train!

WillyFive

My list is as follows, I only count ones I've finished:

1. Jetman
2. Timeranger
3. Gekiranger
4. Kyoryuger
5. Gokaiger
6. Shinkenger
7. Magiranger
8. Go-Busters
9. Dekaranger
10. Megaranger
11. Liveman

Carranger and Abaranger might end up very high on the list, but haven't finished them. Also, big gap in quality in between #7 and #8 IMO, and an even bigger one between #9 and the rest.

shaowebb

sigh...I still don't sentai. I tried Kyoryuger for a few episodes, but it was too cheesey for me. I should have gone with my gut and watched Gokaiger or Go-Busters (Enter seemed cool).

At least Gaim keeps knocking it outta the park.

sigh...I still don't sentai. I tried Kyoryuger for a few episodes, but it was too cheesey for me. I should have gone with my gut and watched Gokaiger or Go-Busters (Enter seemed cool).

Go-busters seems more oriented to rider fan's tastes. You should seriously consider checking out Mask or Liveman.

CrimsonN0

Dekaranger is pretty good.
Thinking about it; Dekaranger, Boukenger, Shinkenger, and Goukaiger are the only? Super Sentais I've finished.

WillyFive

I feel the same way about Rider. Outside of the few shows I enjoyed like Den-O, Fourze, W, and Gaim; I just can't get into other Rider shows at all. They don't have the same qualities that Sentai shows do.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Phoenix really should've switched places with Gremlin in the plot.

Yeah that would have made it good, once Phoenix was gone Wizard didn't really have any one to keep him on his toe.

Wizard having 10 forms was also over kill.

I am the same as well, I love Kamen Rider but when it comes to Super Sentai, I just can't handle the cheesiness and the episode format.

Bizarrely I was alright with season 2 of Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger, didn't watch season 1.

Kyoryuger END

C'mon man, show some restraint! Yayoi's right there, no need to rub it in.

Good show has a good finale. Not nearly enough full team roll calls for my liking, but I'll let it slide because of how fun the core 6 were. I can't think of a couple ever being so explicit in the other Sentai I've watched. That was Saban-level shipping.

There's an insane amount of GIF material in the show, I'll probably give it a rewatch eventually for that express purpose.

Candelia's human form is the dark horse of the show.

If you just finished the last Kyoryuger episode you need to watch 100 Years After.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dino Charge has supposedly begun filming and some villains will be back for the legendary battle.

Actually from what I'm reading, filming starts in October. But they're hiring interns.
... For New Zealand residents only.

Oh no.

No no no no.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2014/08/09/new-kamen-rider-summonride-game-unveiled/

Scans from a toy catalog reveal the existence of a new Kamen Rider game, Summonride.

New toy catalog scans found on 2ch point to an upcoming Kamen Rider game from Bandai-Namco that appears to be in the vein of the popular Skylanders series, where each Kamen Rider can be used in the game via Rider toys that can be purchased in sets called Ride Figures. Ride Figures will come in Fire, Water, Wind, Light, and Dark elements, and can be placed on a Rider Gate to be summoned in-game.

BatDan

Hey Bandai, there's a way you can sell Kamen Rider in the states!
People eat that shit up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Faiz is a Dark-type Rider...

Faqw2Zi.png

Told you.

Zynx

I like Go-Busters. But I was mostly cheering for Enter throughout the whole series, even though it was inevitable he would lose.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Original AkibaBlue is the best.

No way, Luna forever!!!!

My wallet is already crying.

Hey Bandai, there's a way you can sell Kamen Rider in the states!
People eat that shit up.

Hmm you might be on to something there, though they would also need the show to promote the toys. Just as long Saban doesn't touch it I will be fine.

Interestingly how did Kamen Rider Dragon Knight do?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Mashin Chaser. Guess he'll fill the Bike Quota...

hPn5WBQ.jpg

Drive

5zP5J9u.jpg

I guess these are the suit actors without their helmets and not the face actors.

vareon

Mashin Chaser. Guess he'll fill the Bike Quota...

http://i.imgur.com/hPn5WBQ.jpg[IMG]

Drive

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5zP5J9u.jpg[IMG]

I guess these are the suit actors without their helmets and not the face actors.[/QUOTE]

The one in Drive suit doesn't look like Takaiwa Seiji. Driving stuntman? Considering no armors from the waist below.

BatDan

Honestly, I would watch this movie.

Hmm you might be on to something there, though they would also need the show to promote the toys. Just as long Saban doesn't touch it I will be fine.

Interestingly how did Kamen Rider Dragon Knight do?

Supposedly, Dragon Knight did better in Japan than it did in the West. That's how badly it bombed over here.

I don't know if a show will be needed. Skylanders managed to succeed without a TV show.

WillyFive

Although S1 had better dramatic writing and a stronger narrative arc, most of the most memorable Akibaranger moments came from S2, like Chinaman, Powerful Rangers, and the "Winners are on the Right side of the screen" bit.

Top Bottom