• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

vareon

Seemingly legit Drive picture is out there.

I believe it's legit because it's fugging ridiculous lol.
dude wears a tire around his body.

Yep.

It's Den-O Liner crossed with Accel crossed with Kuuga Ultimate's shoulder pads. With a fucking tire on him.

As long as Toei can sell me on him, it'll be okay.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Each form there's a different type of tire, snow chains for defence, slick tires for speed... I'm making this up but I bet that's it.

vareon

Each form there's a different type of tire, snow chains for defence, slick tires for speed... I'm making this up but I bet that's it.

If you compare the leak for the actual suit and the toy, I *think* the toy's tire is a bit bigger, so that's the gimmick as you said.

NeonZ

Not each form, but there are two types of collectible gimmicks, one for forms and another one that is unknown - I guess that the unknown set is specifically for tires.

javadoze

The Drive suit looks alright on the figure, though the asymmetry is a bit off-putting. At least the actual suit doesn't look as bulky when viewed head-on.

Now for the press conference any day now...

I'm not crazy about the design, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Edit: Also, ew, how could anybody like Luna. By the time she got her shit together as a team member the show was about to end, Akagi and Yumeria had to carry most of S2 by themselves because of her.

The tire looks far worse on the figure than it does on the suit. On the suit, I'm just not a fan of the Liner Form-style head piece. And the figure apparently comes with two tires, so there's probably a Type/Tire change gimmick.

Slayven

The tire looks far worse on the figure than it does on the suit. On the suit, I'm just not a fan of the Liner Form-style head piece. And the figure apparently comes with two tires, so there's probably a Type/Tire change gimmick.

Can not be stated enough. On the suit it just looks like an army sash.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 23

Holy shit stuff happened!
They have a big clue about their home. One step closer to their goal
Grita's tenure as big bad didn't last, Z's back and I like his monster form. I don't think he's going to be ToQ 0.

Super Duper ToQ Dai-Oh though.... what a clusterfuck. I really hope next year's Megazords are better.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I like the visor, it makes it look really insect like a fire ant or something.

I'm excited to see the other forms and Mashin. Supposedly the conference was Thursday in Japan, so tonight, which makes sense if we're getting leaks.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
My favorite thing about Kamen Rider vs Kamen Rider is how
Narutaki is suddenly a bro now with no real explanation
. I guess they finally gave up on the thought of ever explaining his character and he's just "guy who shows up during crossovers to say stuff" now.

vareon

Can not be stated enough. On the suit it just looks like an army sash.

Yeah, the same way Armored Rider's armors looked way worse on the gimmick toys.
Arms-Change-Kamen-Rider-Baron-025.jpg

I wonder what's better than peeling a fruit into an armor as gimmick.

WillyFive

Love the suit. Looks like a bug, a hint of Kabuto, and the asymmetrical slash from Meteor. Asymmetrical Rider designs rule.

Also, ew, how could anybody like Luna. By the time she got her shit together as a team member the show was about to end, Akagi and Yumeria had to carry most of S2 by themselves because of her.

Luna was really funny and likable, she carried the show spectacularly well despite only having half the time to get to know her as the other main characters.

Watch Da Birdie

The second picture of Drive is definitely the promotional image every Rider gets where they pose in front of one of the classic Toku locales (in this case the Tokyo Dome stairs), which I recall Gaim's popping up the day before the conference.

So, yeah, I'd say we should get the first look in 24 hours.

Love the suit. Looks like a bug, a hint of Kabuto, and the asymmetrical slash from Meteor. Asymmetrical Rider designs rule.

Shit.

Good suit = horrible show.

Watch Da Birdie

Now they're considered cool, but everyone disliked Gaim and thought it was ridiculous, and from what I've heard the whole "two in one Riders?" thing for Double also struck people as odd.

KingDirk

Now they're considered cool, but everyone disliked Gaim and thought it was ridiculous, and from what I've heard the whole "two in one Riders?" thing for Double also struck people as odd.

Is the issue instead that people didn't like the gimmick? Also, are people really down on Fourze's suit? It's abbo-so-lutely my fave, and I loved the show too.

NeonZ

That's a different matter. The suit design itself was fairly well received from the start.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Kachidoki and Kiwami are ok. I was mostly referring to all of the energy Riders and the Jinba upgrade.

I probably would have enjoyed this scene if I didn't hate everyone.

Z's monster design is great, probably my favorite among the Toq villains.

I think Super Duper would be more fitting if Right had named the combination, since he's a dumb kid.

Wiseblade

Episode 6. I forget if he has one with Ankydon in the background.

In that episode he doesn't get the standard background with Ankydon. Is there a list of all the episodes he appears in? I'm not above trawling through them all.

EDIT: Thanks! The full set is complete! (Minus Carnival, screw that.)

iNoU5NmJH2JvM.gif
ienTWwDQ817ow.gif
ibgeuADnhVUTaj.gif

ibweTQiCcRds2D.gif
iRKcuDnIDwtKy.gif
isRYvzTEpsz5v.gif

iUxmN15tPoOvE.gif
iGErhqkhaoQ1n.gif
iF5utytwdo5on.gif

ioDgzur4O2xco.gif

And now the fact that the clock is all over the place is bugging me...

WillyFive

Is the issue instead that people didn't like the gimmick? Also, are people really down on Fourze's suit? It's abbo-so-lutely my fave, and I loved the show too.

The reveal of Fourze's suit was almost as scandalous as the reveal of Zelda Wind Waker's art style. People went absolutely bonkers, screaming bloody murder of their beloved bicycle karate bug men. Of course, the design was really good and a respectful and inspired homage to Kyodain, as well as being a really iconic Rider design in general; but the idea of a cone head white painted Rider seemed to enrage the fan base.

Kachidoki and Kiwami are ok. I was mostly referring to all of the energy Riders and the Jinba upgrade.

I probably would have enjoyed this scene if I didn't hate everyone.

Z's monster design is great, probably my favorite among the Toq villains.

I think Super Duper would be more fitting if Right had named the combination, since he's a dumb kid.

Fourze had the same type of scene in the episode where he gets his final form, and it worked really well there because I cared about every single person in the cast. Best Fourze episode too, IMO.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Fourze had the same type of scene in the episode where he gets his final form, and it worked really well there because I cared about every single person in the cast. Best Fourze episode too, IMO.

I was talking more about the visual of them taking each other's hands while the trains linked up.

vareon

Was about to say please don't screw this up but they probably will.

The reveal of Fourze's suit was almost as scandalous as the reveal of Zelda Wind Waker's art style. People went absolutely bonkers, screaming bloody murder of their beloved bicycle karate bug men. Of course, the design was really good and a respectful and inspired homage to Kyodain, as well as being a really iconic Rider design in general; but the idea of a cone head white painted Rider seemed to enrage the fan base.

Oooooh I remember those times. The "I'm done with Kamen Rider" noise was like 10 times higher. People were calling him names.

KingDirk

Oh wow I did not know about the Fourze backlash. Enlightening! Chris Sims's article on that series is what pushed me down this rabbit hole, and this is the only place I can really go to get more info about the franchise besides the wiki.

Also, I love my Basestates Figuarts so much.

shaowebb

Just saw Kamen Rider Drive's scan images. I dig it. The tire is a bit big on his chest, but if I can enjoy a Rider like the ones in Gaim I can enjoy this. Can't wait to see him load his Driver up with toy cars and assume powers from vehicles. Here's hoping he gets a backhoe and gets a scorpion Tail with it and a dozer blade shield or something.

javadoze

Kamen Rider Taisen is pretty dumb and I'm pretty sure I couldn't tell what was going on after the halfway point. But I guess it's alright if for a few cool scenes here and there.

They completely given up on Narutaki and the Decade story as a whole in lieu of Tsukasa finding a dream home (and Narutaki being a big fanboy)... Then again, I guess anything is better than "Narutaki is a vampire" from the Decade novel.

Defuser

ToQger
Wow, Schwarz got betrayed badly, the birth of the ToQger#0 lol. But seriously, what is this shiny thing that Zed finds in Grita and somehow in Schwarz? My crackpot theory is love.

This late in the show?
Didn't Kyoryu Silver debuted quite late too?

Top Bottom