• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

jwk94

Who does the sound mixing on these Rider/Sentai movies? Everything sounds so bad compared to the show and the sound is off. I have the volume at half and the voices are somewhat quiet while the sound effects are incredibly loud.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Who does the sound mixing on these Rider/Sentai movies? Everything sounds so bad compared to the show and the sound is off. I have the volume at half and the voices are somewhat quiet while the sound effects are incredibly loud.

I noticed that too. Also all the belt sound effects seem to have this weird reverb effect to them. It's especially noticeable on the Faiz stuff.

And like, remember in Megamax when all of Shotaro's lines when he was transformed sounded like they were recorded over the phone or something? It's really bad.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

This is basically true for all Japanese movies.

WarRock

Huh, now I am sure I didn't watch it, and want to.

Yeah, it sucks.

Rajack

Gaim 41

Holy fucking shit this episode was a giant ball of awesome! The powder keg has finally exploded,
RIP Roshuo and Redyue. Also Roshuo wrecks Kachidoki lockseed only for Kouta to reforge it w/ his Overlord powers and proceed to curbstomp the fuck out of Redyue.
. It can't even be stated how fucking awesome this episode was!

LostAnkh

Gaim 41

Holy fucking shit this episode was a giant ball of awesome! The powder keg has finally exploded,
RIP Roshuo and Redyue. Also Roshuo wrecks Kachidoki lockseed only for Kouta to reforge it w/ his Overlord powers and proceed to curbstomp the fuck out of Redyue.
. It can't even be stated how fucking awesome this episode was!
It's only going up after this.

Xerotwo

I noticed that too. Also all the belt sound effects seem to have this weird reverb effect to them. It's especially noticeable on the Faiz stuff.

And like, remember in Megamax when all of Shotaro's lines when he was transformed sounded like they were recorded over the phone or something? It's really bad.

Didn't Shotaro's voice always had that "behind the mask" type sound effect during the show?

NeonZ

Nooooo, not like this. Go watch the W section of Megamax and you'll clearly hear how bad Shotaro's ADR is. It stands out really, really bad.

I think what happened in Megamax was that they added an effect to disguise the Showa Riders' replacement voices, but then for consistency's sake just gave it to transformed W too.

RangerBAD

Big revelation in Gaim 41.
The Queen is definitely Mai, but not sure if Roshuo was Kaito or Kouta. So their world was an alternate Earth where they chose a different path. I guess this is what some people might have already known after deciphering the linymf language?

The Queen is definitely Mai, but not sure if Roshuo was Kaito or Kouta. So their world was an alternate Earth where they chose a different path. I guess this is what some people might have already known after deciphering the linymf language?

What was the red Overlord that Kouta killed when he first got Kiwami? That was the Kaito one.

NeonZ

I really don't see how
the queen was Mai. Different actress for one. But, if you think they'd chose a different actress to show that she's aged, why does she have a different outfit, jewels, hair color and accessories from the other Mai?

The only thing that the Overlord translations revealed is that
the word they use to reference their race would be translated to "human". That's it. There has been no direct connection to Yggdrazil or Zawame at all in the Overlord dialogue, just that they consider themselves humans.

There are thematic connections between the overlords and the main cast, but I don't think that means Demushu, for example, was someone called "Kaito"in the other world before becoming an Overlord. For one, it's been noted that the Overlords didn't have Earth's technology in their world, so their world would be very different from modern Earth even before Helheim's appearance. Still, the most obvious direct inconsistency is Reddue. She's pretty clearly meant to parallel Micchy, but Reddue is apparently female
(or at least used to be when she had a human form)
, not male.

Roshuo, who seems to parallel Takatora, isn't related to Reddue, nor did Takatora have any loved one similar to Roshuo and the queen, so it's not like the comparison is exact. It's more a matter of themes. Takatora saw a shadow of himself in Roshuo when he learned that he chose a path that would sacrifice his world's people, saving a few worthy ones, just like he originally intended to do, and that just resulted in ruins.

Redue was Micchi's counterpart
, as for
Kouta's
counterpart that apparently
was the movie Rider, Lapis(according to Kouta's actor)

vareon

I don't think the
counterpart thingy
was meant to be taken that literally. They have obvious connections, but I see them as how society mirrors one another.

I think the bigger revelation is how
the queen is not NotMai?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Who was Reshue?

You mean Redue? Clearly Micchy.

It's not hard. I mean, they ARE kinda color coded.

Demushu = red = Kaito (Cares only about strength/fighting)
Roshuo = white = Takatora (Doing what they think is right even if it costs countless lives,
died at the hands of someone that was supposed to be their comrade
)
Redue = green = Micchy (Manipulative and duplicitous)

Kouta has an equivalent blue Overlord, but he's only in the movie.

Zynx

Damn, Gaim keeps delivering. On one hand, I want to know what happens next, NOW. On the other hand, I don't want it to end.

Still, can't believe that everything happened so quickly. Did expect the constant repetition of the 'girl gives Roshuo' scene to lead to
Mai holding the fruit
, but not so early. How many episodes are left? There number of players remaining in the game seem to be shrinking faster than the remaining episode count...

I think the bigger revelation is how
the queen is not NotMai?

Yeah, that's an unfair bait and switch, IMO. Unless the plot was rewritten as the series went on like all the other Rider series...

NeonZ

Still, can't believe that everything happened so quickly. Did expect the constant repetition of the 'girl gives Roshuo' scene to lead to
Mai holding the fruit
, but not so early. How many episodes are left? There number of players remaining in the game seem to be shrinking faster than the remaining episode count...

There are 6 episodes left if Drive starts in the first week of the October, like the toy schedule indicates, and there aren't any special Drive/Gaim crossover episodes between them. That number drops if there are any crossover episodes.

Although, considering how Drive hasn't even been officially announced yet, even though Gaim had been announced by this point, I guess there's a chance Drive could start even later than the first week of October. The toy release schedule indicates that Drive is starting in the beginning of October, but there's a small chance we could get something like Gaim proper ending in September and then some crossover episodes in the beginning of October, so they'd be able to promote Drive even before the actual Drive tv show starts.

Defuser

Gaim ep 41
Holy shit, the soooooooo goooood action and betrayal. And
Roshuo giving the golden fruit to Mai.
That sorta or kinda explains the lady of the beginning. Man, the ending of Gaim seem to be grim if that is true.

WarRock

Redue's voice going full crazy... damn...

I'll just say that Gaim is amazing and it will become my new recommendation as "which Rider should I watch first?", besides W.

Link1110

Toqger got really good these last 3 weeks. Episode 24 had some pretty good tension and I like how they're
taking the offensive a bit more heading into enemy territory to look for their home. I wanna know what's gonna happen with the villains too
if it stays this good the show might be headed to top tier Sentai.

Xerotwo

Yeesh, this week's Gaim episode is on full force.

It's kinda interesting that it wasn't NotMai as the queen, yet a "new" one appeared

Next week,
Micchy
and
his ever growing SNK boss syndrome becoming more crazier

I can't expect much for Drive, since it might not go the same episodic formula like Gaim was.

But damn, Gaim is awesome.

WarRock

Next week,
Micchy
and
his ever growing SNK boss syndrome becoming more crazier
Hahah. Now I'm picturing him shooting tons of projectiles, bullet hell style.

By the way, all of you are questioning about the queen, but what I really want to know is who/what is
Sagara

Slayven

We never got Vr Troopers where I lived, we got Super Human Samurai instead. just watched some Vr Troopers footage on youtube, that shit looks worse than cosplay.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I really like Redue character
and I'm sad to see her plan be shown and she being destroyed all in the same 10 minutes

I'm really glad I picked Gaim to watch as my return Kamen Rider. And I almost did it with Wizard...

I hope Aesir does Drive.

javadoze

Gaim 41
Waaaaait. If
Redue I'd dead, then how will Mitchy get the Yomi lockseed?

Surprised to see
all of the overlords getting killed off (minus Kouta and the almost-overlords). Interesting how the villains have changed from beat-riders to Yggdrasil to overlords and back to riders again.

On another note, Jonouchi and Oren are still awesome (dat acorn sparkling assist).

WarRock

Gaim 41
Waaaaait. If
Redue I'd dead, then how will Mitchy get the Yomi lockseed?

Surprised to see
all of the overlords getting killed off (minus Kouta and the almost-overlords). Interesting how the villains have changed from beat-riders to Yggdrasil to overlords and back to riders again.

On another note, Jonouchi and Oren are still awesome (dat acorn sparkling assist).

I guess he either:

- uses the machines somehow
- Ryoma assist
-
his resolve is enough to do it, like Kouta
-
he gets a fraction of the Golde Fruit power somehow

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I guess he either:

- uses the machines somehow
- Ryoma assist
-
his resolve is enough to do it, like Kouta
-
he gets a fraction of the Golde Fruit power somehow

My money's on this one.
Ryoma's got to be doing something with all that "data" of his.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Ok, but what does that means?

Mai takes a bite of the Golden Fruit and becomes notmai (because notmai is actually Mai and not the person we saw last episode). Thus throwing the current world into total chaos. (Basically what ever happens in the whole garden of eden tale)

WarRock

I meant what being the snake means. Sagara obviously is very powerful and actively participates in the struggle even though he calls himself a just a watcher.

Is he Helheim itself?

jwk94

Who was Reshue?
Mitchy.

Huh, didn't catch that.

Oh, also, a bit of actor trivia about
the queen
: She's
Pierre's real-life wife.
Wait, you mean that wasn't Mai?

Zynx

Hmm, maybe
the slight gold trim on the Yomi lockseed indicates that it's an imitation of the forbidden fruit's power or that of the Kiwami lockseed.

This makes sense. Ryouma could once again
be using Micchy as a test subject in order to develop an upgrade for himself. Maybe he ends up being the final boss rather than Kaito?

Top Bottom