• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Zynx

^wow, just watched that - wonder if he chose that shirt on purpose.

So, with the recent revelations in Gaim 41, I am also jumping on the
alternate earth theory
as there are just too many things that match up.

That said,
how likely is it that the first part of episode 1 (with their armies lining up) is actually a glimpse at what happened on their Earth? I always thought it was weird that in that video Micchy seems to be Takatora's right hand man, but it would make sense with the Roshua/Redue relationship

I think this theory has some credence, but keep in mind Roshuo didn't recognize Takatora's driver when he first saw it, and the opening scene Riders do have drivers, so that's something inconsistent with that theory.

NeonZ

The turbo movie(?) stated that the Zeo powers is getting too powerful which would kill them if they continued using them which is why they switch to turbo powers IIRC.

That only happened with Jason, and that's because the Gold powers weren't made by humans. What you're talking about is just a fan theory to explain why the Zeo powers weren't used afterwards. The only reason given in the Turbo movie for dropping the Zeo powers is because they needed the Turbo powers for the Turbo Zords, which were supposed to be the fastest and strongest Zords.

javadoze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6jzSx8jO8c

Gaku Sano (Kouta) does the ALS challenge. Also, Kouta in a wet t-shirt.

Crazy how widespread this is getting. I wonder if any people in the Gaim cast are doing it as well?

Also, Kamen Rider Drive looks pretty cool in the magazine shot. I didn't notice before how much bigger the visor section is. Overall, a pretty well-designed suit, unless if it's suddenly worse in action scenes, which I doubt (seeing as we're not going to get a repeat of the Kiva suit).

NeonZ

There's a scan and summaries out that confirm Gaim's last episode isn't AU stuff.

Here are the brief summaries from 44 to 47:

Episode 44 - N/A (9/7)
Kaito and Yoko, having exchanged words with Sagara, choose a future.

Episode 45 - N/A (9/14)
Zack sets a trap for Kaito, but...

Episode 46 - N/A (9/21)
Betting their lives and beliefs, Kouta and Kaito finally face off.

Episode 47 (Final Episode) - N/A (9/28)
After so many tragedies, Zawame is slowly rebuilding, however...

It also seems to confirm that we aren't getting a reset ending thankfully.

javadoze

On the note of Dino Charge, Dricera is pink again.
Bvmi9HxIQAA8Rc7.jpg

Also, Judd Lynn, the Executive Producer for Dino Charge is moderating the Super Megaforce panel tomorrow. So they might actually reveal the cast tomorrow like they did with the Megaforce rangers (or just show a lazily-made trailer).

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I just watched Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Wars feat. Super Sentai, I liked it.

Though someone need to tell the Showa Riders that Shin, J, JO and Black RX are technically Heisei but eh whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also seeing Black and Black RX is confusing since they are the same rider... Onore Dikeido.

I noticed this about his Mystic Force video; but with History of Operation Overdrive I realized a truthful fact, Linkara has become insufferable. His little fanfiction of making the universe tie together was cute at first, but trying to add it in shows that obviously have no intention of adding it is just annoying. His long rants are still here, where he spends a long amount of time talking and (poorly) trying to explain about his lame opinions ("I don't like Mercury Ranger's outfit because he's chrome like the shoulder pads of the other Rangers and his shoulder pads are purple even though they're kinda metallic blue but I see them as purple, also he has red emergency lights in his shoulder pads"....reminds me of the crybabies complaining that Fourze looked like a rocket.). Heck, I think his section on Once A Ranger was half as long as the two-parter itself. It's just not fun to watch; and you'd think a video mocking the worst season of Power Rangers would be.

His most stupidest point was when he was complaining about Power Ranger being a children show.

Well, did you like the last two Super Hero Taisen movies?

Well I did, sure it had some flaws but eh whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6jzSx8jO8c

Gaku Sano (Kouta) does the ALS challenge. Also, Kouta in a wet t-shirt.

His Abs are better than mine... now this is why I can never be a Kamen Rider. ¬_¬

WillyFive

Do you want to watch the new episode of Super Megaforce?

Well too bad

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/power-rangers-super-megaforce-409-full-episode.html

I don't understand why Nick does this.

*watches episode*

I don't understand why Saban does this.

It was actually a good episode though, but Titanium Ranger's absence shows that Saban's efforts for fan service stop at anything that requires budget. Can't wait when Linkara criticizes the show for not having Titanium due to some made-up reasoning about "maybe Titanium Ranger was erased from existence due to Time Force time traveling" or some nonsense like that instead of simply knowing it's not there because he's not in the footage.

WarRock

Drive carries his... magic rings in the waist like Wizard and has a nice looking helmet. Let's hope it's not a good suit/bad series combo again.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Lol what? Really?

Yep I think was when he did Power Rangers Wild Force, it was dumb and he gave very little reason to support his argument (not that he had one in the first place.)

Drive carries his... magic rings in the waist like Wizard and has a nice looking helmet. Let's hope it's not a good suit/bad series combo again.

Say what you will about Wizard but I love his suit and the fight scene was awesome, shame that the plot was weak at best with Beast saving the final.

I found Linkara's reviews pretty interesting until around Dino Thunder/SPD where he would spend the first six minutes just blabbering on about stuff that should be left in the video description.

I still can't wrap my head around the logic that doing some research on a Sentai series makes it impossible to review its respective PR series on its own merits. Like, I can tell just by that stance alone that the dude has spent too much time in Sentai vs. PR debates.

NeonZ

It was actually a good episode though, but Titanium Ranger's absence shows that Saban's efforts for fan service stop at anything that requires budget. Can't wait when Linkara criticizes the show for not having Titanium due to some made-up reasoning about "maybe Titanium Ranger was erased from existence due to Time Force time traveling" or some nonsense like that instead of simply knowing it's not there because he's not in the footage.

We've seen they have a Titanium suit for the legend war scene in the last episode though. This staff just isn't really creative or goes above the basic requirements of their jobs most of the time. So, even though with further preparation they could have featured Titanium Ranger here, they likely just didn't care, just like how they feature suits of Sentai sometimes but don't even bother giving them names.

(The Sentai suits so far have only been from shows distributed internationally in the West though, so maybe it's not just due to laziness, but I guess we'll only know for sure when the show ends).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
http://www.jefusion.com/2014/08/kamen-rider-drive-finally-revealed-in.html

Drive appears!

No bug eyes. Non-belt henshin item. Drive is Hibiki 2.0 confirmed?

Only if it has another super hilarious\corny ending theme. (Hibiki is prolly my fav suit design)

er holy shit they sang this at kouhaku? Fuse Akira's fans must have been like wtf is this crazy devil looking guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKDR-6WGqJA

Huh, I wonder if we would potentially see Shounan no Kaze with a Gaim performance this year. ....naaaaaah.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Gaim carries the different lockseeds on his belt as well. Not sure about regular Gaim and Kachidoki (I think they're just hanging there), but Kiwami Arms even has a nice support for them on both sides (this is a figure picture, but they're there in the series as well):

SHF-Kiwami-Arms-Gaim-005.png

You can usually see them (Orange and Lemon Energy) dangling from Kouta's jeans pocket/from the insides of his jacket when he's not morphed.

jwk94

I don't understand why Nick does this.

*watches episode*

I don't understand why Saban does this.

I don't get people's problem with him complaining. HOPR is about Power Rangers only. Not Sentai. That's why he doesn't refer to Sentai to explain some of the stuff. Saban probably could have brought Titanium in but he didn't.

Mai's actress is 17.
Wow, I didn't know that. Wasn't Kotoha's actress 16 or something during Shinkenger?

javadoze

I don't get people's problem with him complaining. HOPR is about Power Rangers only. Not Sentai. That's why he doesn't refer to Sentai to explain some of the stuff. Saban probably could have brought Titanium in but he didn't.

I actually remember him referring to the Sentai on occasion. Like in Mighty Morphin to explain the absence of Tommy in certain episodes, with In Space in that Megaranger didn't take place in space (same with Lost Galaxy), with Wild Force to explain the want of the production team to mirror Sentai (therefore having awkward-sounding scripts), and Mystic Force (to explain that the source of magic in Magiranger wasn't simply believing, but rather courage).

He rarely brings up Sentai, but if he does it's usually to explain some oddities in the production.

jwk94

I actually remember him referring to the Sentai on occasion. Like in Mighty Morphin to explain the absence of Tommy in certain episodes, with In Space in that Megaranger didn't take place in space (same with Lost Galaxy), with Wild Force to explain the want of the production team to mirror Sentai (therefore having awkward-sounding scripts), and Mystic Force (to explain that the source of magic in Magiranger wasn't simply believing, but rather courage).

He rarely brings up Sentai, but if he does it's usually to explain some oddities in the production.
Well damn. My bad.

Top Bottom