• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

KingDirk

I still can't believe my theory about Sagara ended up correct. I was looking through my post history to crow but I apparently didn't post it here. My favorite character just keeps on trucking, hurrah!

I like the body language that's being used for Drive so far--looks pretty Momotaros-ian, which might be a nice throwback. Costume is way growing on me, though the wife-y absolutely hates it. Strange that I'm coming around on it when I haaaaaate Accel's costume so much pre-Trial.

They need to get all of Jam Project on a Rider show.

And I'm not feeling anything about Drive so far. This'll be like Fourze and Gaim, it'll come down to execution.

I don't blame you, this is the first time we're getting a decent trickle of info for this series. I need to see actual footage before I get excited.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
hey hey hoooooooo

gduqbn.webp

Kachidoki is the best form

DarkWish

Whoa, I didn't know the rangercrew guy was a gaffer! Great job on the site! I love your coverage.
I'm not Umesh who runs Rangercrew. My name is Hassan and I do reviews on YouTube. I'm also in the Power Force, but I'm not Rangercrew. He has an awesome site though and he's a really cool guy.

Defuser

ToQger ep 25
Tokatti and Mio shipping awww yeah!!!

Tokatti is the only ToQger so far that got the most character development and improvements. When is the others getting theirs?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Feels good to have internet again.

*looks at Dino Charge team* At least they don't look like CW models this time. Props to casting a black Pink Ranger.
I'll check the Morphicon footage in a bit.

I did manage to survive my time without internet by binging Goseiger (I got the full MFC run)
it was... okay. A fairly safe and standard Sentai season. It wasn't bad per se, just forgettable.

I know a lot of people HATED Alata, I thought he was just... there. Nothing spectacular about him. Hell, he didn't piss me off so that's a plus.
Eri's ears bothered me...
Agri had some pretty awesome moments. Moune was.... a person.
Hyde was the best of the five. The smartest of the group, and the camo Invocation was incredibly useful.
GoseiKnight was the best character by far. He actually had development!
Nozomu was one of the best kid characters in Sentai overall. He had legit funny moments and he wasn't annoying.
Bladerun/Brajil was a pretty good villain. I did like his more strategic plans compared to the factions he was "working" for.
Speaking of, Warstar and Matrintis were the best factions. UMA was just... weird.

In terms of Megaforce
Why the hell did they adapt the laughter episode? It was terrible in Goseiger, and it was terrible in PR.
Tzachor's "stick close to the Sentai" policy made some episodes weird. Goseiger Episode 38 with the trains was the biggest example. When PR adapted that, they included the plotline about Nozomu wanting to see his mother. The difference is that we got to know him through the entire series, but in PR they didn't have a character like that so they just added some little kid we knew fuck all about. Not to mention Emma's mysterious power of making flowers bloom (which made sense in Goseiger)
I have to applaud the Neo-Saban writers for taking something as ass-pully as Goseiger's miracles and making them worse. I can at least see where they were going with the miracles, they're angels, and angels cause miracles. But with Megaforce it's all "have powers because the footage calls for it, no explanation needed". You have to try to be that bad.

javadoze

Supposedly, Kamen Rider press conferences are usually held on Thursdays at the end of the month so maybe tonight (speaking EDT) will be the best time for it (seeing that magazines are featuring Drive now).

Really wonder what kind of creative team is bringing about some of these ideas.

Also, Zack is the best rider in Gaim. He can hold anything in his giant walnut hands.

I disagree. Fourze won me over with its characters, not costume design.

Bingo. Fourze was so very, very good despite its suit design. I can look the other way on a shitty suit is the writing is up to snuff. Gaim under another might've been goofy trash. The Butcher made it work.

vareon

Anxiously waiting for Drive's staff because that would mean EVERYTHING. Will Inoue return? Will we have another anime head writer? Will Lady Gaga sing the OP?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Anxiously waiting for Drive's staff because that would mean EVERYTHING. Will Inoue return? Will we have another anime head writer? Will Lady Gaga sing the OP?

In the Faiz novel, in addition to the infamous Kusaka scene, there is a slug orphenoch who, in his human form, steals Mari's used milk bottles, licks the inside of them in slug form to pleasure himself, and then refills them with his own semen and returns them to Mari and tries to trick her into drinking it.

Basically Inoue should be placed in jail.

shaowebb

In the Faiz novel, in addition to the infamous Kusaka scene, there is a slug orphenoch who, in his human form, steals Mari's used milk bottles, licks the inside of them in slug form to pleasure himself, and then refills them with his own semen and returns them to Mari and tries to trick her into drinking it.

O_O
I just watched episode 9 of Faiz and the slug Orphenoch was just some robber dude who stole food and cleaned your house...

What the hell Inoue? These books...

drizzle

Axel Hertz

My reaction reading that sentence went from "oh there's a Faiz novel? maybe I should look around for it" to "what the fuuuuuuuuuuu" quite rapidly.

javadoze

It makes me wonder how someone like him wrote amazing stuff in the past like Jetman (what I'm watching currently) and Kamen Rider Agito (which I'm planning on seeing) devolved into someone who writes something like that (except once in a blue moon when we see something like the Jetman tribute in Gokaiger).

However, seeing how he wrote like 20 to 30 percent of Heisei Rider, I think he's been fed up after Kamen Rider Kiva.

That said, I wouldn't mind Riku Sanjo again if we were to get a returning writer. He's pretty solid in my book.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Super Megaforce 9

Got around to watching this online.
It wasn't bad. Still bothered by Robo Knight being there when he's technically part of the same team. This is why you don't do hybrid seasons!
Should have been Titanium Ranger.
Is it me, or is Orion's acting not as strong this time?

They showed Flashman again...
"My flashy fists" Okay, they fucking knew what they were doing. I know some people tried to call the appearance of the non-adapted Sentai "editing mistakes", but that line proves they weren't mistakes at all.

"He's so funny" ... He didn't say anything that was funny, Gia.

*reads Saban's thoughts on ToQger*
Funny how he (or they) call the suits "pre-schoolish" when the dialogue in the last four seasons would fit on Nick Jr.

It makes me wonder how someone like him wrote amazing stuff in the past like Jetman (what I'm watching currently) and Kamen Rider Agito (which I'm planning on seeing) devolved into someone who writes something like that (except once in a blue moon when we see something like the Jetman tribute in Gokaiger).

However, seeing how he wrote like 20 to 30 percent of Heisei Rider, I think he's been fed up after Kamen Rider Kiva.

That said, I wouldn't mind Riku Sanjo again if we were to get a returning writer. He's pretty solid in my book.

Producers. The Faiz novels probably had no direct oversight from Toei, so it's probably closer to the "real" Inoue.

My reaction reading that sentence went from "oh there's a Faiz novel? maybe I should look around for it" to "what the fuuuuuuuuuuu" quite rapidly.

I have the Double and Kuuga novels. They're decent.

javadoze

Producers. The Faiz novels probably had no direct oversight from Toei, so it's probably closer to the "real" Inoue.

I have the Double and Kuuga novels. They're decent.
Yep, seems like he works better with a group of writers or a strong producer. No surprise that the Double and Kuuga novels were great since Riku Sanjo and Naruhisa Arakawa respectively are pretty good solo.

Let's not talk about murder baby Ouja.

Yep, seems like he works better with a group of writers or a strong producer. No surprise that the Double and Kuuga novels were great since Riku Sanjo and Naruhisa Arakawa respectively are pretty good solo.

Let's not talk about murder baby Ouja.

I apparently also have the OOOs novel. Odd, don't remember buying that.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Seems there are 108 (we Suikoden now!) monsters in Drive...doubt we'll see all of them in show, but does that mean we'll have 108 collectible cars since they're apparently mutated from them? Man, I used to love to collect toy cars...but they don't seem that cool looking. The Legacy Rider Cars might be neat.

Also, Drive's actor totally drawrfs the entire case.

Is there a Dekaranger novel? I want to know if Sen and Umeko got together?

I actually don't think they've done any Sentai novels. The Kamen Rider novels are all relatively recent (2012) and only cover the Heisei Riders. They'll all done of the series' original writers though.

rider-novel.jpg

Top Bottom