• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Apparently Riku Sanjo is writing Drive, and Takahito Omori is a producer.

So...Kyoryuger.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
About ToQger 25...

man, what a bummer of a series. ToQ #6 is a much more interesting character than all the other 5 members combined, but he's sparsely used and, when he is, it's about throwaway jokes about being a good place to die.

Ryo Knight has a small participation on this episode other than being
a role model and the twist near the end
but he has a much better posture as a hero than the main 5 members. I guess that the fact that the members are most likely somehow grown kids, but still have a kid mentality is mostly to blame here, since they do a good job of acting like kids and having kid-like realizations of things - I just don't really like that plot device.

Also, i'm pretty sure that whole under the bridge scene was the same place used in Gaim on the Baron vs Kurokage+Gridon fight.

Even with the new better story beats, ToQger episodes still don't grab me that much. Here's hoping it improves, but I have my doubts - afterall, this is episode 23 already.

So...Kyoryuger.

were they the writers and producers on Kyoryuger? If so, this is the best news about the new series so far.

Watch Da Birdie

Press Conference happened.

The Kamen Rider Eternal actor is singing the theme song.

Plus the writer of W...and a red, vehicle-themed police Rider.

W Part 2?

HWZEN41.jpg

Even the poster reminds me of the scene in W.B.X where Terui ropes off the crime scene.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Press Conference happened.

The Kamen Rider Eternal actor is singing the theme song.

Plus the writer of W...and a red, vehicle-themed police Rider.

W Part 2?

Even the poster reminds me of the scene in W.B.X where Terui ropes off the crime scene.

The actor for Kamen Rider Eternal is actually the vocal for the band Sophia http://sophia-eternal.jp/ (they were huge in the 90s). He does acting as his side gig.

vareon

He also sang W's movie OST. Liked his voice.

So, Riku Sanjo eh? He's one of the better writer for Toku today, so good. Any info on whether they'll go back to old format?

Edit: Wait, Riku Sanjo, Police, Red? Drive is Accel confirmed.

javadoze

So this essentially Kamen Rider W2? My dreams have come true...

Also this means Gaim X Drive Movie Wars will combine the tallest and smallest of Neo-Heisei riders.

LostAnkh

Sengoku = Seiji Hiratoko

Genesis = Miki Shinichiro

A lot of people thought for awhile at first Deneb's voice, the narrator of Gaim, Hochu Otsuka, did the Sengoku Driver.
It kinda seems like Otsuka did the voice for the 4 main lockseeds and Pine, then Hiratoko took it from there with the others.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ToQger 25

Tokatti continues to get the best character moments. I kind of hope his brother plays a part in a later episode (he probably won't though...)
Plus, you could see something between him and Mio.

I'm curious what Schwartz will do. Will he be his own faction now?

So...Kyoryuger.

santiagoyes.gif

Drive just jumped to the top of my list. That tire on Drive's suit is flippin' huge, but in Sanjo I trust.

If they want to alternate between Sanjo, Nakashima, and Urobuchi for the next few, I'm down.

javadoze

It sounds like Christopher Peppler isn't voicing the Drive Driver/Trideron, but playing their inventor.

http://www.heroshock.com/?p=13857

Of course I guess he could maybe be doing both.

I love how Riku Sanjo handles the widgets in each show he's on. He seems to put a lot more care into them then certain other writers *cough*AccelBrace*cough*. I don't even mind that he's reusing the Dr. Ulshade-type explanation for the Drive Driver. It's just cool that he will explain the shift cars and the Drive Driver for world-building. Doesn't hurt that I have a weakness for detective dramas.

To put the cherry on top, we just need Koichi Sakamoto to direct the GaimXDrive movie war and we're set.
Well, when ToQger is replaced with a better Sentai, then we'll talk.

WarRock

Good news all around for Drive, oh yes. That may be the last push I needed to finish Kyoryuger (stopped watching in the 20s or 30s since MPC wasn't displaying the sub for some random episodes God knows why).

It wouldn't be recent Heisei Kamen Rider without an outrageous element of design thrown into the mix. Dude has the best belt in years, though.

sBF6WwY%2B-%2BImgur.jpg

Yeah, it looks great. Would be better without the R emblem in the forehead though.

Car has a stash for Shift Cars:
tumblr_nb0j1xLBkS1tcbqr9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nb0ia1zM4n1tcbqr9o5_1280.jpg

alvmew

Yeah that's one other weird thing about the design, the logo on his belt and on his forehead are different.

The forehead logo is his actual logo. The symbol on the belt changes to reflect his form or the emotion that the sentient AI in it has. The symbol it's showing in the pics with the S is for Type Speed.

Basically think of it this way - for W, his logo is a big W. But for CycloneJoker, he gets another logo with the CJ in the stylized letters.

Watch Da Birdie

Summary:

Story:

The Roimyuudo are android-like beings who desire to become human. With exception of some leaders, the Roimyuudo are all spread across the net in “light” form. The leaders, using the platform left behind, work to revive the original Roimyuudo and stage an uprising against mankind. There are others who want to revive by themselves from the network by learning strong human thoughts that allow them special powers. They can access townspeople and cause various types of mysterious cases. Standing in their way are the Tokyo MPD’s Special Unit whose latest recruit, Shinnosuke, gains the ability to fight them as Kamen Rider Drive. Using new powers granted by Shift Cars and his supercar, the Tridoron, he aims to stop their plans.

Cast:

Takeuchi Ryouma will play Shinnosuke/Kamen Rider Drive. Shinnosuke used to be a passionate elite until an incident happened and a fellow detective of his unit was left incapacitated. He lost all motivation as a police officer. However, because of this, he is assigned to the Special Unit. After coming across the Drive Driver, he secretly becomes Kamen Rider Drive. His main vehicle is that of the supercar Tridoron.

Rio Uchida plays Kiriko Shijima, a beautiful, but scary and almost robot-like young woman. She’s responsible for all the technical work at the Special Unit and knows Kamen Rider Drive’s true identity, often helping him during fights.

Rei Yoshii plays the impatient Rinna Sawagami, an Electron Physicist who researches the powers and abilities of the Roimyuudo monsters. In additional to covering the Special Unit’s mechanical work, she doubles for Shinnosuke whenever he’s out searching for things.

Kyuu Saijou, played by Kenta Hamano, is a Network researcher. While he’s an expert at what he does, he’s still more or less a nerd in love with occult stuff. His approach to the cases sometimes gets him in trouble with the rest of the team.

Tsurutarou Kataoka, the trouble-hating Police HQ Chief is played by Jun Hongnaji. Into fortune telling and feng shui, he’s often found wearing different ties on different days to match his lucky color. Because of Shinnosuke’s tendency to slack off, he assigns Kiriko to watch over him.

Rounding out the cast is Taira Imata as Genpachirou Otta, the foul-mouthed, yet reliable lieutenant of the Special Unit. Otta thinks the Special unit is nothing more than a burden, and often tends to make fun of the “Occult Club” at the station. However, he gets along with Shinnosuke. He loves children but he doesn’t want anyone to know this.

Villains:

On the side of the Roimyuudo are firstly, their black-clad secret leader Heart , voiced by Tomoya Warabino (Gokusen 3). Also among them is Brain, voiced by Shouta Matsushima (Godhand Teru), in charge of intelligence gathering and analysis. He has a nervous personality and regards Drive as being the most dangerous. He can fight with nervous attacks. Drive’s main rival in is the mysterious professional hitman Chase, played by Taikou Katoono (No Dropping Out: Back To School At 35), who rides the custom Shinigami motorcycle. A silent ladies man, his identity has yet to be shown.

Staff:

The series will be written by Riku Sanjo, his second time as head writer since his debut in Kamen Rider W, and directed by Ryuta Tasaki (Kamen Rider Agito, Akibaranger, Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue). Toei producers Takahito Omori (Kyoryuger, Sentai VS Series) and Taku Mochizuki will serve as series producers with TV Asahi producer Motoi Sasaki (Go-Busters, Kyoryuger, ToQGer).

Mitsuru Matsuoka of SOPHIA, better known to fans as the alter-ego of Kamen Rider Eternal from W Forever, will perform the show’s opening theme, “SURPRISE-DRIVE”. Since SOPHIA’s activities are currently on hold, he will be preforming with a new band named Mitsuru Matsuoka EARNEST DRIVE.

Kamen Rider Drive will begin broadcasting on TV Asahi on Sunday, October 5th, taking Kamen Rider Gaim‘s timeslot.

All English translations are accredited to The Tokusatsu Network staff members. Please do not repost without crediting and directly linking back to the original Tokusatsu Network article.

BossRush

I have a feeling its going to be a two part MOTW series, which, with Sanjo doing it I don't really have a problem with. I feel he has the formula on two part episodes down, or at the very least he does it better than OOO and Wizard. We'll see though.

Also Drive/ToqgerCrossover.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

Holy crap I LOVE the police lieutenant. He's really expressive and I think he's supposed to define a parody of "loose cannon cop". If he's supposed to be the crazy higher ranking office and its something like that I am gonna enjoy me some crazy ass dialogue out of him. :D

Seems so...

Rounding out the cast is Taira Imata as Genpachirou Otta, the foul-mouthed, yet reliable lieutenant of the Special Unit. Otta thinks the Special unit is nothing more than a burden, and often tends to make fun of the “Occult Club” at the station. However, he gets along with Shinnosuke. He loves children but he doesn’t want anyone to know this.

Wonder what "foul-mouth" means for a kids show in Japan.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'd watch Drive, but I want to check out OOO, Fourze and Gaim first. I know everyone says to skip Wizard.

KingDirk

She's smarter than us.

Probably, but she also couldn't get into Kyoryuger. Only Sentai I've got her to watch is Gokaiger.

I'd watch Drive, but I want to check out OOO, Fourze and Gaim first. I know everyone says to skip Wizard.

I watched Gaim live as I caught up on Gokaiger. Are you worried you won't be able to keep plot points straight? Because all the shows you listed have pretty divergent themes.

LostAnkh

I'm currently re-watching OOO, and I can say that it's definitely worth checking out. Gaim is an obvious choice, but still, give Wizard a few episodes.

WarRock

Drive’s main rival in is the mysterious professional hitman Chase, played by Taikou Katoono (No Dropping Out: Back To School At 35), who rides the custom Shinigami motorcycle.
Oooh, villain may be a Rider too?

I love OOO, but honestly would recommend Fourze or Gaim over them, both are better shows.

Edit-
Oh my god, this Rhythm Tengoku x Rider crossover is amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GvuycQqx38

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Tokatti is the only one I really like on the show so I guess it's nice that he has his own little story going on now. Well I guess they all have something going back to when their twon got taken over but his seemed like the most interesting.

Damn I was right, Tokatti's brother is that guy from Ginga.

9Dzc0Zd.png

Top Bottom