• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

VandalD

Someone made a 'Torchlight II Skills UI' calculator..

http://www.endarion.com/resources/professional/torchlightII/

Its a little user-unfriendly though..

The main classes are the boxes on top.

There's a scroll bar on the right of the skills list.

Its a little cheaply made but something to fiddle around with till release.
Well, don't play around with it too much yet. Those are Torchlight skills under Torchlight 2 class names, at least as of this post.

Recall

Will this even play on the most basic of settings on a laptop with an integrated graphics card? I can manage PSO2, but I have no idea if my laptop will handle this...I wanna play it :(

Shaneus

Okay, I'm gonna be another one of "those guys" and ask... I know my desktop will play it, but what about my tablet? It's an MSI Windpad 110W, running the AMD Brazos Z01 w/ 6310. I suppose I could test it by throwing the first Torchlight on there and see what level of detail I could crank it to, but it's easier to ask here ;)

Daeda

Just completed Act 1. Will most likely have a video up today of a boss battle. The claim that each act is as long as TL1 is slightly bullshit I think, seeing as my playtime is 9 hours according to Steam (with all sidequests I encountered completed). Nevertheless, fun stuff :)

TGMIII

Okay, I'm gonna be another one of "those guys" and ask... I know my desktop will play it, but what about my tablet? It's an MSI Windpad 110W, running the AMD Brazos Z01 w/ 6310. I suppose I could test it by throwing the first Torchlight on there and see what level of detail I could crank it to, but it's easier to ask here ;)

Going to assuming not well, if at all. TL2 doesn't have a notebook mode as far as I'm aware.

Also, why isn't TL2 a midnight release. I don't want to wait anymore runic.

Inskipp

Just completed Act 1. Will most likely have a video up today of a boss battle. The claim that each act is as long as TL1 is slightly bullshit I think, seeing as my playtime is 9 hours according to Steam (with all sidequests I encountered completed). Nevertheless, fun stuff :)
The original Torchlight could be finished in 8 hours.

VandalD

Anyone tried beta with xpadder? Wonder if it works well.
Considering that there are no bindable movement keys, and aiming and movement are both mouse driven.. you'd have to be some kind of analog stick wizard for a controller to be better than a mouse. Proper controller support would have been cool as an option though.

CoLaN

I really want to be excited for this, but the lack of closed servers really makes me sad. I will still buy it probably, but a game like this loses a lot of its appeal when items can be generated out of thin air with mods. That makes also trading not very meaningful.

I guess that if the core game is genuinely fun it will still be a good experience.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Are there environmental changes within an act? Or same environment throughout the whole act?

VandalD

Act 1 took me about 10 hours on Elite in the beta, having done all the sidequests and fully mapped everything.
Are there environmental changes within an act? Or same environment throughout the whole act?
Quite a few environments, from what I played in beta, and seen in videos of act 2. There's a little bit less variety in one act as there is in the entire original game. To give a number, about 5 or 6 environments within act 1.

Runic made a post about scale here, and have a nice comparison pic between TL and TL2.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Act 1 took me about 10 hours on Elite in the beta, having done all the sidequests and fully mapped everything.

Quite a few environments, from what I played in beta, and seen in videos of act 2. There's a little bit less variety in one act as there is in the entire original game.

Cool, nice to hear! :)

Toma

So cool to see a dungeon crawler that actually improves on its predecessor after playing D3 a while back.

TL1vsTL2.jpg

I'm probably going to do a 4pack later today which will have two open spots, if there's interest for the two extras at 15 each paypalled ( we can't do steam wallet moneys, can we?), I would also accept an Orcs Must Die 2 for one of them

Drop me a pm if interested with your best contact info to arrange, I'm going to bed now, and will get back with first come first serve when I wake up!

KooPaL

I'm probably going to do a 4pack later today which will have two open spots, if there's interest for the two extras at 15 each paypalled ( we can't do steam wallet moneys, can we?), I would also accept an Orcs Must Die 2 for one of them

Drop me a pm if interested with your best contact info to arrange, I'm going to bed now, and will get back with first come first serve when I wake up!

I'd be interested in going in with with you. I'll send you a pm just incase you miss this post :)

Oh my god. I didnt even know this was coming out this month! what an amazing thing to find out today :)

I wouldnt mind going in on a pack (im in the Eu if that matters)

MachoSuave

Neo Member

I'd be keen also, shot you a PM too.

Ferny

So I'm one of those people that actually enjoyed D3 (DON'T HURT ME!) but i'm excited for T2. It seems like a great update to the series and they've made a bunch of excellent changes to the game.

That's the best thing about Torchlight to me. We get the real deal when it comes to the soundtrack. I loved that about the old Diablo games as well. It's just great, great work.

Yes, imagine of Torchlight had a cartoony, jokey soundtrack.

I love how Torchlight is a jokey, cartoony game, but the soundtrack somehow manages to mix perfectly with it, making it feel a lot more serious and dark than it actually is.

Krabboss

I just bought a four pack, but only have two friends interested in playing. Anybody want to grab the extra code for $15?

Edit: Sold it to Carm!

Top Bottom