• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Any word on the release of modding tools? Looking to expand from modding Skyrim to Torchlight =)

Also, will mods still be supported on the runicgamesfansite too? or will everyone just use the Steamworkshop?

zulux21

Any word on the release of modding tools? Looking to expand from modding Skyrim to Torchlight =)

Also, will mods still be supported on the runicgamesfansite too? or will everyone just use the Steamworkshop?

only thing I have heard with the modding tools is "shortly after release" I don't know anything beyond that aside from supposedly you will be able to create new classes with them as well as other stuff.

Personally I am hoping they aren't to complicated to use. I have a few ideas and wouldn't mind trying my hand at modding stuff.

Santiako

Here's the reason why it's not releasing tonight after 12amEST

The real answer is so that we aren't up at midnight responding to any potential issues - we want to be fresh and ready to watch over the launch! There have been a lot of sleepless nights here and we need a little bit of rest in advance.

-Travis Baldree

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/105md1/we_are_the_runic_games_dev_team_creators_of/c6alhlj

That makes sense, at least it's a global launch and not like the Borderlands 2 bullshit.

Ken

I still need to buy and pre-load this. ;_;

Only reason why I'm hesitant is because I tried to get into TL1 twice and gave up after about 20 minutes in the first dungeon.

Teknoman

Only reason why I'm hesitant is because I tried to get into TL1 twice and gave up after about 20 minutes in the first dungeon.

I might have to force myself to wait on a steam sale or something. Borderlands 2 is already pulling me away from GW2 among other things lol. Then again...i've been waiting for Torchlight 2 since the announcement...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm conflicted. This comes out at midnight, but I also have an early morning class.
Decisions, decisions...

The real answer is so that we aren't up at midnight responding to any potential issues - we want to be fresh and ready to watch over the launch! There have been a lot of sleepless nights here and we need a little bit of rest in advance.

-Travis Baldree
lol, fuck that, not waiting that long.

I already have it pre-ordered too. Not gonna bother installing it.

No longer interested in this game. You had your chance Runic, and ya blew it.

ZZMitch

Why is the game not going to unlock for 19 hours? I thought it was supposed to unlock at midnight where you live?

edit: nvm saw above

-Travis Baldree

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/105md1/we_are_the_runic_games_dev_team_creators_of/c6alhlj

Thats great, I don't get off work until 2pm est anyways. =]

Same thing happened with me but I'm going to give this one a chance. I wanted to like TL, so maybe this one will click with me.

alazz

What a tease. I leave for school at 9:30 pst and my class is at 10:30 and I'm not done til 1:30 pm.

Why you wanna treat me so bad.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I'm really thinking about buying this game. Can you guys convince me? I'm an ex D3 player. Is there anyone here who has played both?

Just read the fast few pages. It's been compared a lot. It's a safe buy especially at 15 or 20 bucks

Tomat

I'm really thinking about buying this game. Can you guys convince me? I'm an ex D3 player. Is there anyone here who has played both?

It's a hack and slash with random loot and mod support. If you had fun with Diablo III at all I'm pretty confident you will enjoy Torchlight II.

VandalD

If you want a really good answer to this, you'll have to say what made you a D3 player and what made you an ex D3 player.

Tomat

You could of traded it for something you could play now! like the indie bundle!

I looked at the latest one and wasn't too interested. Got it on the one before that though, that was an amazing bundle (the Psychonauts one).

I am actually excited to play TL2 and realized that a while after posting the complaints in the TL2 release date thread. It was a dumb knee-jerk reaction.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Yay just couple ho---

EIGHTEEN HOURS?!

Bump whether you want to stay up to bug shoot. Let me play at midnight, then you can wake up and fix the broken wreckage.

Sothpaw

Can you target the location of spells in this game? Like Acid Cloud in D3 or Teleport in D2? Or do the spells just require you to fire in a direction like TL1?

VandalD

Can you target the location of spells in this game? Like Acid Cloud in D3 or Teleport in D2? Or do the spells just require you to fire in a direction like TL1?
Yes you can. There is a D2 Hydra-like ability called Storm Locust. The Embermage has quite a few mouse targeting abilities, including teleport. There are still a lot of abilities that just fire in the direction you're pointing, but yes, locational targeting.

Sothpaw

Yes you can. There is a D2 Hydra-like ability called Storm Locust. The Embermage has quite a few mouse targeting abilities, including teleport. There are still a lot of abilities that just fire in the direction you're pointing, but yes, locational targeting.

Thanks, might pick this up then.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I would start a 4 pack but it won't let me buy it(already own it and trying to gift a copy for a friend) :(

Top Bottom