• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

zulux21

Thanks, guys.

Kind of weird that it doesn't, but oh well, I guess. Still beyond pumped.

when it comes to steam it's actually more weird when you do actually get a midnight release. It's almost always between 10am and 2 pm eastern on release day.

I really don't get why they don't just do midnight releases, but w/e we waited this long what is an extra 13 hours lol

when it comes to steam it's actually more weird when you do actually get a midnight release. It's almost always between 10am and 2 pm eastern on release day.

I really don't get why they don't just do midnight releases, but w/e we waited this long what is an extra 13 hours lol

You know, I guess you make a good point there. Few games do release at 12am on Steam. Most of the time it is the next day in the late morning/early afternoon. I guess I was just too hopeful in this case.

zulux21

I think it will do well...33 people on my friends list already purchased.

since the preorder went up I have checked the top 20 sellers on steam pretty much every day and every time I have checked torchlight 2 has been in the top 20.. most of the time it has been in the top 10, it's currently at number 2 just behind borderlands. I too think it will do well.

Recall

I'll get about an hour of play time with it tomorrow before having to disappear for work, which means no PC for 80 hours straight...knowing TL2 is there waiting for me and I cannot play it for days is such a tease.

Iresecia

Neo Member
I still need to beat TL1 but now I'm wondering what class to play in TL2. Berserker looks pretty interesting. I usually play mage classes, followed by ranged classes. I just don't want to hop into it, play one class to level 20, then realize I hate it.

I still need to beat TL1 but now I'm wondering what class to play in TL2. Berserker looks pretty interesting. I usually play mage classes, followed by ranged classes. I just don't want to hop into it, play one class to level 20, then realize I hate it.

That is what I'm doing first.

That is what I'm doing first.

Definitely. Same here. Seriously looks as though it's the absolute meanest class in the game. Tearing through monsters this way will soooo much fun. \m/

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
The Beserker does look like a beast, but I'm still going Embermage first. I'm too much of a sucker for mage classes. I am a little disappointed the trees are just Fire, Ice, and Electric based, but I'm sure it still kicks all kinds of ass. And hopefully they balanced the mage to not be so OP this time. The Alchemist's Ember Lance was too godlike.

Sajjaja

Definitely. Same here. Seriously looks as though it's the absolute meanest class in the game. Tearing through monsters this way will soooo much fun. \m/

I absoultely loved it in the beta, it was the only character I played. I tore shit up with my crits and when I got low health, I transformed into a shadow wolf, continued to run around and tear shit up and drink their blood to heal myself.

Let's read that again:

I TRANSFORMED INTO A SHADOW WOLF, CONTINUED TO RUN AROUND AND TEAR SHIT UP AND DRINK THEIR BLOOD TO HEAL MYSELF!

I absoultely loved it in the beta, it was the only character I played. I tore shit up with my crits and when I got low health, I transformed into a shadow wolf, continued to run around and tear shit up and drink their blood to heal myself.

Let's read that again:

I TRANSFORMED INTO A SHADOW WOLF, CONTINUED TO RUN AROUND AND TEAR SHIT UP AND DRINK THEIR BLOOD TO HEAL MYSELF!

I did not get to play the beta (sad face) so you just confirmed this class is totally bad ass as hell.

Iresecia

Neo Member

Let's read that again:

Definitely a strong contender for my first character now. I know when I tried embermage in the small bit of beta I played I wasn't too keen on it. But I had just been playing D3 and the wiz and embermage played pretty differently which is probably what slanted my opinion of it.

linsivvi

I'm sure the dev picks the unlock time, not Valve.

Still, it shoulda been midnight! Launches should be about staying up late and drinking beer, not popping in for a few minutes during lunch to go, "yep, Torchlight 2 is certainly out."

I guess Runic being a small company means they don't want their staff to stay awake throughout the night to make sure they don't need emergency launch day patches.

Domstercool

Made my Embermage a axe murderer! :D

tl2embermage5isvz.jpg

ZZMitch

Gah I am still not sure which class to pick, they all seem interesting.

Embermage seems like a good bet but I dunno...

edit: also was I wrong in thinking we could pre-download it prior to release time? I am not seeing the option anywhere on Steam.

Gah I am still not sure which class to pick, they all seem interesting.

Embermage seems like a good bet but I dunno...

edit: also was I wrong in thinking we could pre-download it prior to release time? I am not seeing the option anywhere on Steam.

checked "All Games" under your game library. it should say Pre-Load for the game.

Kalnos

Banned

There's a pre-load option if that's what you mean. When you buy the game just find it in your game list and try to run it like you normally would.

Top Bottom