• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Teknoman

Every diablo fan that ever existed should listen to camp dawn.

Hell, they should just listen the whole thing. It's the same dude. But yeah, Camp Dawn is especially good.

Guessing Matt Uelmen delivers once again :D Thanks for the heads up on the whole thing being free.

Not to bring D3 into this again, but I think thats one thing that didnt drive me to play continuously, the soundtrack didnt stand up to Diablo 1 or 2 in the least bit.

Animal

Banned
I could not play diablo 1 or 2 for very long. It was a love/hate relationship like almost all Blizzard games are for me.

Having said that, I still found many improvements Diablo 3 that appeared to be a step in the right direction until I finished all 4 acts for the first time. I then found myself very disappointed with Diablo 3.

Even though I am probably all played-out in this style of game for the next little while, I still purchased Torchlight 2 for all the good intentions it was born from.

No better way to cheer on the people at Runic games (including Matt Uelmen) than to support them with another purchase.

Shaneus

Any way anyone could rehost/reupload that soundtrack to a site I can access from work (like mediafire)? I wouldn't mind loading it up on my phone here so I can listen to it until I get home to play it :)

How many hours now?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Any way anyone could rehost/reupload that soundtrack to a site I can access from work (like mediafire)? I wouldn't mind loading it up on my phone here so I can listen to it until I get home to play it :)

How many hours now?

14 hours

So wait they are letting us pre-load the game yet it won't release until the Steam store updates tomorrow at 1pm EST? That just seems silly. I'm kinda ready to play it shortly after midnight like I did with BL2 the other night.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
So wait they are letting us pre-load the game yet it won't release until the Steam store updates tomorrow at 1pm EST? That just seems silly. I'm kinda ready to play it shortly after midnight like I did with BL2 the other night.

Here is their reason

"The real answer is so that we aren't up at midnight responding to any potential issues - we want to be fresh and ready to watch over the launch! There have been a lot of sleepless nights here and we need a little bit of rest in advance."

Ken

Watching some videos of the beta on YT, does the full release have more hair and faces in creation?

Gvaz

Banned
I can understand why a small team wouldn't want to slave all night due to bug smashing after crunch time, but they could've just released it anyway :p

Whoa, when in the world did a game like TS2 get a wowhead-esque db website?
They could have just released it and fix it in the morning

Uh, why the fuck does it seem silly?

It was only silly to me because when I see a game let you pre-load it beforehand, it tends to let you play it right at or shortly after midnight of launch. I think this is the first time that I personally have ever seen a game let you pre-load it and then have you wait until the store regularly updates the day of launch. I understand that Runic is still a very small developer, but I couldn't help but think that the launch would go this way.

This is nothing against the game or Runic. I can't wait to play it actually. My expectations for the launch were just misguided.

alazz

So I think I've come up with a good idea for a mod. A second skill build panel set. You unlock it maybe at NG+. You can switch builds in town (or anywhere but a dungeon?), but there'd be either a gold fee or a cool down. (If it's not clear, you'd have the normal amount of skill points for each build.)

I love NG+ and I think I'd want to try a different build without restarting the game. Not a solution to respecing but an alternative.

Awesome. Thanks for linking.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I really, really, really, really, really wish this game was on iPad.

How do stats work on this game? Are you supposed to focus solely on one or two stats for a specific class? Or are you supposed to invest in all of them, investing more heavily in the "important" one or two for your class?

Sajjaja

How many people can play in a multiplayer game at a time? 4 right?

How do stats work on this game? Are you supposed to focus solely on one or two stats for a specific class? Or are you supposed to invest in all of them, investing more heavily in the "important" one or two for your class?

Quoting robotzombie's question for the new page because it wasn't answered(and was at the bottom of the page) and I don't know the answer. Someone answer it.

Top Bottom