• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

well.

today I was sitting at my desk thinking about what I'm going to name my ferret when someone came over with a parcel for me. we started chatting about it while I opened the parcel using a pair of scissors.

unfortunately I wasn't paying attention, and my hand slipped, at which moment the point of the scissors went straight into my thumb. blood gushed all over the place, and now my hand is all bandaged up for the next few days.

so I wish you all the best when tl2 unlocks, and will be joining you all once I regain the use of both of my hands.

Volcynika

It was only silly to me because when I see a game let you pre-load it beforehand, it tends to let you play it right at or shortly after midnight of launch. I think this is the first time that I personally have ever seen a game let you pre-load it and then have you wait until the store regularly updates the day of launch. I understand that Runic is still a very small developer, but I couldn't help but think that the launch would go this way.

This is nothing against the game or Runic. I can't wait to play it actually. My expectations for the launch were just misguided.

I've seen bigger games not release till midday before in the past, it's just up to whoever is releasing it.

zulux21

well.

today I was sitting at my desk thinking about what I'm going to name my ferret when someone came over with a parcel for me. we started chatting about it while I opened the parcel using a pair of scissors.

unfortunately I wasn't paying attention, and my hand slipped, at which moment the point of the scissors went straight into my thumb. blood gushed all over the place, and now my hand is all bandaged up for the next few days.

so I wish you all the best when tl2 unlocks, and will be joining you all once I regain the use of both of my hands.

I don't recall a left thumb being needed to play the beta o_O; in fact if you are ok with moving a mouse with out a thumb... you could likely play the game without thumbs in general ^^;

Sajjaja

well.

Holy fuck......that sucks man. Hope you get better soon. It's ironic isn't it? You wait and wait for TL2 and just when you're talking about it the night before it comes out, you're forced to wait longer xD

VandalD

How do stats work on this game? Are you supposed to focus solely on one or two stats for a specific class? Or are you supposed to invest in all of them, investing more heavily in the "important" one or two for your class?
First of all, different weapon types and armors have different stat requirements. You can either meet those stat requirements to use them early, or just be a certain level to use them. Beyond that, every stat is meant to be useful for every build of every class. Check out the benefits each stat gives you and decide for yourself what you think would be more useful.

What might not be so obvious: Strength affects all physical weapon damage. Dexterity does not affect weapon damage, even for ranged weapons. Focus improves all elemental damage on your weapons and your skills.

sad times
Heal up soon, sir.

well.

get well soon!

I wish it was on Vita

It would be amazing on vita (Ipad maybe less so because no buttons but still), Dungeon Hunter Alliance showed that an isometric game can work on the platform.

I also love how crisp and smooth the game runs on PC (based on TL1 and the TL2 beta). I'm confident the full game will not disappoint in that regard either.

Sajjaja

Does anyone know what time it will unlock on Steam?

You....you serious......? 1pm EST, 10am PST for the bajillionth time. lol. 12 hours.

Also, Torchlight 1 players spiked dramatically. By atleast 5x. Used to be an average of about 150-500. Now it peaked at 2500.

zulux21

10AM PDT
1PM EDT

Slightly under 11.5 hours from this post.

My perfect plan... Watch Detective Conan, go to bed, wake up play TL2... it's flawless MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Also, Torchlight 1 players spiked dramatically. By atleast 5x. Used to be an average of about 150-500. Now it peaked at 2500.

question is.... is it because people are interested in the game for TL2... or is it because it was included in humble bundle 6.... I am leaning towards the all powerful humble bundle :p

VandalD

question is.... is it because people are interested in the game for TL2... or is it because it was included in humble bundle 6.... I am leaning towards the all powerful humble bundle :p
Maybe a sendoff to the first game before deleting it, never to play it again. Because TL2. Maybe I'll do that.

Welp, bought two copies. Hope I don't' give up after 10 minutes like I did with TL1.

I hate to be that guy, especially considering that torchlight 2 seems vastly superior to TL1, but why would you think you'd enjoy a sequel to a game that you obviously did not like at all?

alazz

anyone got some cool builds that they want to show off using that skill calculator?

Maybe a sendoff to the first game before deleting it, never to play it again. Because TL2. Maybe I'll do that.

It's probably a lot of both, because that's a big increase. I replayed TL1 just a month ago and I enjoyed it (mostly) to get myself back into the ARPG groove. I actually kind of want to play it now, but I'd have to re-download it. I'd play it for a half-hour tonight and never touch it again.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Port begging is bannable

Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to buy it on PC, as I loved the first one, but this would be awesome on the iPad as well.

Ken

I hate to be that guy, especially considering that torchlight 2 seems vastly superior to TL1, but why would you think you'd enjoy a sequel to a game that you obviously did not like at all?

To give it a second chance? The new classes seem interesting, and there's some degree of character customization so I don't see why not. And it's $20. If it was $60 I probably would have waited for a sale.

Ugh, why not try the demo first? Logic, use it.

Is there even a demo? Regardless, I didn't know I would offend people for spending $40 on a game I may or may not like. Sorry!

Shoogoo

Is there even a demo? Regardless, I didn't know I would offend people for spending $40 on a game I may or may not like. Sorry!

You do what you want with your money. I'm not offended, but I fail to understand.

There will be a demo yeah, day one.

Ken

You do what you want with your money. I'm not offended, but I fail to understand.

There will be a demo yeah, day one.

ctrl-f demo page 1, TL2 website, and search for Torchlight 2 demo on Google.

Anyways, hopefully I enjoy the game and even if I don't, it's not the first game I bought and didn't enjoy.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What do you gain in doing that?
I believe it's required for online play. It also gives you the option of letting people find you in game via your Steam ID along with importing your Steam friend list to the in game one.

Shoogoo

It is probably required in order to play online. It was for the beta. Might as well do it now.

16QZx

Seems you're right, thanks for the heads up

zulux21

How is BL2 doing at least? Because that chart is based on dollars, so BL2 is worth 3 copies of TL2.

BL2 is number 1, torchlight is 2, the BL season pass is like 4th or 5th last I looked
haven't looked in 12 hours or so though.
BL2 has been near the top since it came up for preorder as well, but most of the time TL2 was just above it or just below it.

fresquito

So, those that have played this longer than I did (first dungeon with one class, tried the other for some minutes), is it any harder than TL1? I have seen a video of Act1 and, while it looks totally amazing, the guy doesnt need to use potions. He's playing on Normal, and Normal on TL1 was a joke. Is this game any different?

zulux21

So, those that have played this longer than I did (first dungeon with one class, tried the other for some minutes), is it any harder than TL1? I have seen a video of Act1 and, while it looks totally amazing, the guy doesnt need to use potions. He's playing on Normal, and Normal on TL1 was a joke. Is this game any different?

From the beta all i know difficulty wise is
normal + engineer + heal bot skill = GOD!
:p
i don't have access to the full release so that might have changed. Good news though if it's not hard enough for you, likely someone with modding skills will also find it not hard enough and mod it to be harder. I expect this game to get lots of mod support this time around since it has Co Op (TL1 had decent mod support but due to the lack of Co op I have a feeling a number of people just continued modding D2 instead)

VandalD

Normal is still a bit of a joke for people familiar with these games. Play on at least Veteran if you're not new to these games and want a challenge. Elite is definitely harder than anything in TL, and Veteran probably is too.

Top Bottom