• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

krpiper

16QZx

Seems you're right, thanks for the heads up

I got a error page on the Runic website, maybe the page isnt live yet?

zulux21

I got a error page on the Runic website, maybe the page isnt live yet?

it goes in and out of working... I would recommend trying it every so often before launch as once people figure out that it's needed to play online it's likely going to explode into nothingness lol

Nabs

Nice. Torchlight 2 is at the top of the best sellers list.

So if i don´t register to this i can´t play coop with my friend today?

I think it just combines your Runic and Steam accounts to make it easier to find your Steam friends. I wouldn't worry.

"Do you have to actively organize multi sessions in this or can you just put out a "beacon" like on the 360 so people in your friends list can see it and join your game?"

From what I remember from the beta (almost half a year ago so don't take it as gospel), your friends could simply join on you through the friends list, you didn't have to organize it beforehand.

Nif

Took me a few tries, but I got in eventually. It'll probably get harder as the day goes on and more people try to link their accounts.

scy

3 hours before I hate everyone in this thread that's playing :(

Guess I might as well find some skill trees finally...

DSmalls84

Did anyone try the Engineer in the Beta? I was thinking of starting with that class just to try something different. I used the Warrior in the first game.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Giant Bomb was saying Respecs are for the last 3 levels or something like that, it doesn't sound like a full respec.

You can do a full respec up until level 10. Otherwise, it's the last 3 levels. Pretty good way of handling it I think.

There will be a respec mod as soon as the mod tools release anyway.

Torraz

Pre-loaded, created runic account and linked it.

Only need to select a character class. I usually play casters, but im not sure if only fire spells on the embermage might not get a bit dull?

_machine

You could join us, If everyone is OK with using an EU based host.

edit: in Germany its 56,99€, thats ~25% more than the US price. :lol
Does it give you all of the 4 copies as gifts or one for you and 3 gifts? Cos maybe we could find someone to from us to get that pack for us without him getting the game himself.

Does it give you all of the 4 copies as gifts or one for you and 3 gifts? Cos maybe we could find someone to from us to get that pack for us without him getting the game himself.

"Includes four copies of Torchlight II (and Torchlight 1) - Send the extra copies to your friends!"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/

That could be the case. I will be back in ~1h. If you could find someone that would be great. bbl.

Nope, one gets added to the library automatically. So you would have 3 copies to give out.

Is account linking not working for anyone else? After I log into Steam it bounces me back to the Runic site with this error:

"Looks like something went wrong. Please try again or contact support for assistance."

alazz

For lots of people it seems, but I was able to link my Steam account just fine about five minutes ago.
You can do a full respec up until level 10. Otherwise, it's the last 3 levels. Pretty good way of handling it I think.

There will be a respec mod as soon as the mod tools release anyway.

Sounds like a more-than-reasonable respec system. In the beta I think it was full respec until level 10 and nothing thereafter. All this talk of "last three levels" got me worried I won't be to fully respec up to level 10.

Top Bottom