• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Sarcasm

I can't log in in game..dunno if wrong password or not..go to change it via forgot password can't load anything =/

On top dunno if it is my itnernet..upgraded it but some reason its worse than before. Steam keeps DCing.

Izayoi

Banned
Steam servers constantly down. Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 in the same week were too much?

Get your shit together, Valve.

zou

Music fucking rocks. That's probably one of my biggest disappointments with D3, after the assume music in D2.

I also love not being confined to just a dungeon anymore, that by itself already makes TL2 vastly more fun than TL1.

99%

Haha Runic Games is so stupid, why add the extra step of registering on their website? It's just asking for trouble. And now noone can make an account.

Its like they learned nothing from other games launching.

TGMIII

Doesn't really seem like a Valve problem.

Valve's download servers being down is a Valve issue. Runic are having issues with their online registration. Don't come into the thread just to shit it up in defense of Diablo 3.

For anyone who had the IO error, I just re-downloaded the game after getting the IO error and I'm in.

Haha Runic Games is so stupid, why add the extra step of registering on their website? It's just asking for trouble. And now noone can make an account.

Its like they learned nothing from other games launching.

Yeah you'd think they would anticipate this. Even more surprising since they could have got help from Perfect World and their experience with MMOs.

Website is completely fucked and I can't link my account (why do I have to do this? Does Runic know about Steamworks?). Great start. By this time people were crying tears of blood about D3.

scy

Website is completely fucked and I can't link my account (why do I have to do this? Does Runic know about Steamworks?). Great start. By this time people were crying tears of blood about D3.

People were crying tears of blood hours before launch. Gotta get that head start.

and its DONE and so it begins! :D

kpJvN.jpg

Torraz

After around 15 minutes (lol!) I would tentatively agree that "veteran" is a decent difficulty to start at. IT feels very nicely balanced at this point.

Morokh

Ooooh you can reclaim your first 'default' invested skill point as soon as you arrive in town ! sweet !

Will have to try that sword and board Engi that was a little clumsy in the Beta to see how they improved things.

Moaradin

Was able to connect online right away. Everything going pretty smooth so far. Sorry about the guys getting install errors though =X

hyduK

Banned
Yeah you'd think they would anticipate this. Even more surprising since they could have got help from Perfect World and their experience with MMOs.

Some of this stuff just isn't avoidable, unfortunately. But people will keep insisting that experienced developers shouldn't have these issues. When this many people try to simultaneously access your game, shits gonna happen. Shit that you really can't predict beforehand.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Everything worked fine for me. I hope these issues for everyone else will get fixed soon. I guess it was a good thing they launched in the daytime. The developers have got some work to do today.

Goddamn this game runs smooth. I can't quite get it to 60 fps without the game looking like ass, but I am able to run it at my native resolution at ~45 fps with almost all the bells and whistles turned on. To me, that's a big deal.

And for the most minor of nitpicks: the male Embermage faces suck. But that won't matter at all once I find a helmet.

Top Bottom