• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
How do I get items to show up without holding down alt?
They're showing up for me automatically, but I think I enabled that setting during beta. Try going to your My Documents folder and look for My Games -> Runic Games -> Torchlight 2. Open the local_settings.txt file and change the 0 in "TOGGLE DROPPED ITEMS :0" to 1.

Do what Wario said.
So we bought an 4 pack but the 3 extra copies are not showing up in the inventory at all, is it normal to take a while?
Normal. Restart Steam.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It has a ton of charm. People complain about the graphic style, saying it's "too cartoony", but I love it. The music is absolutely fantastic all the way.

"Too cartoony" is easily the dumbest complaint in gaming today, tied with "Not enough like COD"

V_Arnold

Started it with an embermage.
Although this aint D3, it starts alright so far.

I only had one camera freeze after all, in five minutes, which needed a client restart :p

Also, countdown for regretting starting with hardest difficulty in 3...2...

Sober

Is this a bug? The engineer passive for 2hander weapons doesn't list Staves but it doesn't deactivate when I equip one? Looks like they are getting the attack speed bonuses as far as I can tell. (or maybe not)

hyduK

Banned
I've gotten to the beginning of Act 2 Inferno

Probably up to you then. Might be useful to run through the game on an easier difficulty so you know what to expect, but patience has always been the main thing required for HC modes.

(I'll probably be starting HC, but that's more personal preference).

Torraz

First Set Item. :D

tl2setnos65.jpg

Found the shoes of this.

---

Also some other nice items, like a collar with "100% shield break". Now this is some nice itemization..

Krabboss

Got to level 10 and decided I should probably sleep. Going with an all Dex shotgunning Outlander like I did in the beta. Still works great.

Torraz

I think I pushed a wrong button or something :(. I could have sworn the "alt" function (= show loot on the ground and clickable options) was perma-on at the beginning, but suddenly I have to manually press alt to get it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I think I pushed a wrong button or something :(. I could have sworn the "alt" function (= show loot on the ground and clickable options) was perma-on at the beginning, but suddenly I have to manually press alt to get it.

Click the green magnifying glass by your health bar.

Grief.exe

So my friend gifted me torchlight 2 and I'm really excited to get started.

I haven't really followed it too much though. I really like to play melee characters with a Dodge mechanic. Berserker or engineer?

Sarcasm

Man steam keeps disconnecting, am I the only one?

Also almost lvl 10 on HC hard (one from hardest)..wishing I did the hardest one..start over?

_machine

Really liking it so far apart from the UI that I don't really like at all. I don't care for the cartoony style of the UI and some of the elements are way over-sized.

scy

Think I've decided to do hardest base difficulty and maybe Hardcore from the start. Go big right off the bat.

...now I still need to figure out that whole class situation.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't get the interplay between difficulty levels and the new game plus system. How does it relate to the Diablo way of doing things?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Embermage is rocking so far. Prismatic Bolt is a great early level skill, and I hope it remains useful throughout the game. And the Embermage's Charge skill is beastly. It charges fairly quickly, and I've already put points into the passive that buffs it. Infinite mana nearly every time I fight a mob = good times.

The only reason I stopped for the moment is because I'm hungry. Once I satisfy my stomach, I'm hopping right back in.

SupaNaab

For the min/maxers. You can only respec your last 3 skill points. If you don't respec the very first skill you start out with then you're stuck with 1 point in it. I think Im going to level just stats -.-

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
For the min/maxers. You can only respec your last 3 skill points. If you don't respec the very first skill you start out with then you're stuck with 1 point in it. I think Im going to level just stats -.-

I think as others have said before, they'll probably be a mod to respec your stuff. I'm just going crazy with it without thinking so whatever, lol

Top Bottom