• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

undu

Website is completely fucked and I can't link my account (why do I have to do this? Does Runic know about Steamworks?). Great start. By this time people were crying tears of blood about D3.

People were crying tears and blood because they couldn't play at all. While it's a bummer I can't play online, I still can play offline, even on LAN with my brother, unlike Blizzard game.

Izayoi

Banned
We're sorry, but something went wrong.

Kalnos

Banned
You can link it later, yes. You could just play SP now and take your char into MP later. You could use the LAN option with something like Hamachi if you're having problems with the online.

Jørdan

After redownloading/installing, TL2 started up and I was also able to connect to the server too :D Hope everyone else has their issues resolved quickly. Some nice additions to the settings menu, even UI size adjustment. Worth the wait :)

stuminus3

This shit is seriously awesome. So slick, so much fun.

+1 kudos to Runic for being able to carry your singleplayer character over to multiplayer so we don't have to worry too much about servers being down at launch.

Torraz

The feel is perfect!

Only one minor complaint / question. What does the "scroll skills" option do under keybindings? I hotkeyed several skills F1-F2-F3 etc... With TAB I can switch between two, but I thought with the scroll through skills option (which I tried binding on my mousewheel) I could be should be able to quickly scroll through all my RMB skills?

Am I misunderstanding?

My God people, never leave this running when you're near the Waypoint portal.

The whirling noise it makes it infuriating. I went to the bathroom to shave and all I was hearing throughout my house was the whirling noise, hahaha.

Ceebs

The feel is perfect!

Only one minor complaint / question. What does the "scroll skills" option do under keybindings? I hotkeyed several skills F1-F2-F3 etc... With TAB I can switch between two, but I thought with the scroll through skills option (which I tried binding on my mousewheel) I could be should be able to quickly scroll through all my RMB skills?

Am I misunderstanding?

Probably the spells you learn from scrolls. They are class independent and drop as loot.

FACE

Banned
Wow!

ssss8puk2.png

As someone who only plays hardcore in Diablo 2 and 3 (I have not died a single time in Diablo 3) is starting off in elite mode/hardcore in Torchlight 2 probably too hard in comparison? Veteran to be safe?

gotee12

I was only able to get 45 minutes in during my lunch break but man does this game have awesome personality and charm or what?

antitrop

This shit is seriously awesome. So slick, so much fun.

+1 kudos to Runic for being able to carry your singleplayer character over to multiplayer so we don't have to worry too much about servers being down at launch.
I'm digging it as well, but I still prefer the game feel of Diablo.

dLMN8R

Torchlight II isn't being sold exclusively through Steam, so it makes no sense for them to use Steamworks for friends lists. Hence the requirement to create and log into a Runic account.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You could use Hamachi instead (or any LAN alternative).

Right, but you have to log in to use the server browser, right? Which is kinda what you need to use if you don't have friends to play with right away. I'm not saying it's awful that you have to use a runic account, but I'm just saying that he's not wrong.

hyduK

Banned
As someone who only plays hardcore in Diablo 2 and 3 (I have not died a single time in Diablo 3) is starting off in elite mode/hardcore in Torchlight 2 probably too hard in comparison? Veteran to be safe?

It would probably depend how far you've gotten? Diablo III HC is pretty simple till you get to ~A3 hell.

D2 HC would have varied depending on when you played.

Moaradin

I was only able to get 45 minutes in during my lunch break but man does this game have awesome personality and charm or what?

It has a ton of charm. People complain about the graphic style, saying it's "too cartoony", but I love it. The music is absolutely fantastic all the way.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Kind of wish I had started off on Elite. I remember from the beta that Veteran wasn't very challenging and it seems it hasn't changed since then. Maybe it gets more difficult later.

Top Bottom