• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Morokh

I don't get the interplay between difficulty levels and the new game plus system. How does it relate to the Diablo way of doing things?

You pick your difficulty from the start that makes mobs tougher/more aggressive so that you can play at a level that is challenging the way you like it, and once you finish the game with that difficulty, you can play a 'Nightmare' mode of that level of difficulty.

Izayoi

Banned
Berserker is definitely still a potion sink, at least at the beginning. Think I'm going to try a different class.

I think as others have said before, they'll probably be a mod to respec your stuff. I'm just going crazy with it without thinking so whatever, lol
Yeah, that was one of the first mods for TL1. I'm sure it won't be long here, either.

Hauk

Neo Member
Mm mm waiting for TL2 sale from Savygamer. Kind of interested but gotta wait and see. First one was fun but got repetitive. 2's demo didn't excite so much.

_machine

Is there any news on when the TorchED 2 will be released?

First thing I'm going to do is work the fonts; at the moment you've got a mix of annoyingly cartoony font and a boring one not to mentionen the size could be reduced a bit. Hopefully we'll get a bit access to the other parts as well this time, the UI modding was a bit limited in TL1.

Also, I wish there was a way to mute sound when the game is in the background.

Fugu

First Unique! :) Good imho. I am an engineer!

tl2uniquecua10.jpg
Looking at this screenshot makes me happy specifically because there isn't a giant DPS number.

daxy

Played it for a bit (good stuff), but when I closed it Steam still says I'm playing it. What gives? I can't find a related executable in the list of processes. And now I can't run it again. Says 'this game is currently unavailable (application running).

edit: Haha, now it says 'Please close Torchlight 2 before exiting Steam'

Iresecia

Neo Member
I don't know if I have an account or not so I can't login to do online. That aside though, loving berserker so far. I feel so invincible.

And at least I can play this offline right now and enjoy my game unlike with some dungeon crawlers.

Iresecia

Neo Member
Same here, and I normally spend them immediately in ARPGs. Then I hit a load screen, and at the top it showed how many unspent stat and skill points I had. Nice touch Runic.
When I saw that unspent skill/stat thing it made me happy. It's so easy to forget that you just leveled up, especially with the speed at which you level in TL. Also made me think of a friend who hordes skillpoints for levels until he's ready to spend them. I wonder if he'd be annoyed by the reminder.

vaelic

Banned
need to know:

• are there difficulty levels that only unlock as you beta previous difficulty levels? aka diablo 3 style?
  • is there a hardcore mode thats any different than diablo 3?
  • is there a lobby system? how do people meet up?

• in-game achievements or steam only?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'm only level 6 and I've already got two uniques.

theskull2frj3.png

Meh. I don't know what the spell does. Would probably be better at a higher level.

skullspireecrb3.png

Bitchin staff. Good thing I'm an Embermage. I accidentally socketed it, so I'll remove that and put in the rare health stealing one I found.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
need to know:

• are there difficulty levels that only unlock as you beta previous difficulty levels? aka diablo 3 style?
  • is there a hardcore mode thats any different than diablo 3?
  • is there a lobby system? how do people meet up?

• in-game achievements or steam only?

You can choose any difficulty from the start. Im sure if you beat the game, new game plus will still be on the same difficulty but monsters scale more. You could play online with your character in a private lobby with any difficulty you want

Havent check the lobby system yet

I notice steam popups for achievements every now and then

This game is awesome. Does anyone want to start a hardcore character with me later? Right now I'm experimenting with the Bezerker on Veteran/Hardcore but I'd like to make an Engineer later.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
You can choose any difficulty from the start. Im sure if you beat the game, new game plus will still be on the same difficulty but monsters scale more. You could play online with your character in a private lobby with any difficulty you want

Havent check the lobby system yet

I notice steam popups for achievements every now and then
No lobby system from what I can tell. It's just a server list with filters.

Achievements are Steam only.

Trickster

If i create a single player character. Will I be able to go online with that same character, once I can actually create a runicgames account?

Top Bottom