• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Iresecia

Neo Member
First unique item and it's for a different class. Guess I'll hold onto it for now. It still amazes me how much I like berserker since I don't typically like melee classes. What stats is everyone else maining for berserker?

So if your the ranged gun wielding class, does STR help you? I been pumping into DEX.

Strength affects all weapon damage, it's not split into str = melee and dex = ranged.

Strength affects all weapon damage
Dex affects Crit Chance and Dodge chance as well as reducing fumble damage (lost damage when you screw up an attack)
Focus affects MP, elemental or magic damage and chance to execute (swing with both hands or use both of your dual wielding weapons in a single attack)
Vit affects HP, damage reduction and block chance.

All the stats are useful for all the classes.

Is there a way to check what weapon is better for you numbers wise? Ended up picking engineer for no apparent reason and have spent about an hour hitting things with a mallet!

Carm

Anyone getting large framerate drops on certain skill usage? For example, the engineer skill flame hammer. When I use that skill on two to three enemies, my framerate drops by 15 to 18, otherwise I'm at 60 all the time. My computer shouldn't have any issues running this at 60 all the time.

scotcheggz

Is LAN working at the moment? I'm sitting in my lounge with my friend and one of us creates a game, but the other cant find any games available. Is there something simple we could be doing wrong here? We're both plugged into the same router if that makes a difference.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I thought I could get a full respec up to level ten? Im level 9 now and it's only letting me refund the last three.
Maybe people mixed some stuff up. IIRC, the beta let yo do a full respec up to lv 10. After that you were screwed and stuck with your choices. They changed it for retail so you respec your last 3 points, but I guess they dumped the full respec till lv 10 option.

I'm sure it'll be the first mod available though so it's not really a big deal.

Csokis

Unique weapon again. :) The loot is very good btw.

tl2u2lsjlh.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is there no DPS for easy comparing of weapons?

How hard is it to tell whether or not a new piece of loot is an improvement?

Edit: Just saw the DPS. Never mind.

Played about ten minutes, back to work now.

Pretty decent performance on a mid-2011 Macbook Pro, running Win7 (i5 2.4 ghz, Intel HD 3000). Not outstanding, but doable.

I made my account this morning and was able to login in the game, whatever that means.

Shoogoo

I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed the 3 hours I spent on it, a lot!

Can't wait to play more, but the bed is calling!

Patryn

What's the toggle Item Display button? Not the show items button (which is alt) but the toggle setting.

I don't know if it's the default, but right now I have item display On, and it only disappears while I hold Alt. But I can't find the button to toggle the setting.

Loving the game, though.

Recall

What's the toggle Item Display button? Not the show items button (which is alt) but the toggle setting.

I don't know if it's the default, but right now I have item display On, and it only disappears while I hold Alt. But I can't find the button to toggle the setting.

Loving the game, though.

The magnifying glass at the bottom and to the left of your hotbar. Click it.

epmode

"Unable to connect to authentication server"
when logging into my Runic account while in-game.

I've already linked my Runic and Steam accounts.

Is this happening to everyone?

edit: And of course it works the instant I make the post.

Played a couple of hours... couldn't play multiplayer because the Runic site is still fucked, so some questions and thoughts about singleplayer.

First, is there any way to make the game cull geometry so you can see your character at all times? Right now if you go behind a wall or a tree, all you see are blue and red outlines which is frankly quite absurd. I can't fathom why they would possibly make the game default to this.

Second, is there any way to make the map overlay not suck? The maps are big and detailed, and since you can't zoom in on the overlay, it becomes one big mess of squiggly lines if you choose to display it on the left or right side of your screen. The circular minimap option is also pretty bad because there are so many nooks and crannies in the map that you can never reliably know which path to take if you want to go somewhere. Is there some way to just make it look like the Diablo map overlay?

And one last observation... the combat isn't nearly as 'meaty' as Diablo 3. At first I thought it was because I was just starting with no skills and gear but even after level 15 it's not really any better. Compare to the Diablo 3 barbarian where you could actually feel the 'punch' of his combat abilities by level 15. I'm playing a ranged Outlander and so far it doesn't seem to be picking up. The range on the pistols is hilariously short even after dumping a few points to increase range. I find myself taking one or two shots and then moving back and repeating this, kind of doing the stop-move thing that doesn't feel fluid at all. Maybe I should try another class or something when multiplayer is fixed.

Beaulieu

So theres not game forum and no way to give the 3 other copies. Nice.
rebooted steam 10 times and still cant give em. Fucking hell.

Krabboss

First, is there any way to make the game cull geometry so you can see your character at all times? Right now if you go behind a wall or a tree, all you see are blue and red outlines which is frankly quite absurd. I can't fathom why they would possibly make the game default to this.

Second, is there any way to make the map overlay not suck? The maps are big and detailed, and since you can't zoom in on the overlay, it becomes one big mess of squiggly lines if you choose to display it on the left or right side of your screen. The circular minimap option is also pretty bad because there are so many nooks and crannies in the map that you can never reliably know which path to take if you want to go somewhere. Is there some way to just make it look like the Diablo map overlay?

And one last observation... the combat isn't nearly as 'meaty' as Diablo 3. At first I thought it was because I was just starting with no skills and gear but even after level 15 it's not really any better. Compare to the Diablo 3 barbarian where you could actually feel the 'punch' of his combat abilities by level 15. I'm playing a ranged Outlander and so far it doesn't seem to be picking up. The range on the pistols is hilariously short even after dumping a few points to increase range. I find myself taking one or two shots and then moving back and repeating this, kind of doing the stop-move thing that doesn't feel fluid at all. Maybe I should try another class or something when multiplayer is fixed.
First thing - I don't know why it bothers you.

Second thing - The maps are fine. I like them. But no, there are no other secret options.

Third thing - Switch to a shotgun. Pistols are for chumps.

derFeef

The shield bash with the engineer is seriously fun.
Shield bash your way through, switch to hammer and wreck those fools with the full charge bar.

First thing - I don't know why it bothers you.

Second thing - The maps are fine. I like them. But no, there are no other secret options.

Third thing - Switch to a shotgun. Pistols are for chumps.

So you don't see a problem with this? It can actually get worse too in some cases, especially when you're fighting enemies. This is just the first location I found that didn't have geometry culling.

Or this? (there are enemies under the squiggly mess in case you don't notice them). There's no position for the overlay you can choose which won't hamper your view of the game world, even if you decrease the opacity.

Is there at least a way to toggle one particular overlay configuration without cycling through them all?

v0mitg0d

So you don't see a problem with this? It can actually get worse too in some cases, especially when you're fighting enemies. This is just the first location I found that didn't have geometry culling.

Or this? (there are enemies under the squiggly mess in case you don't notice them). There's no position for the overlay you can choose which won't hamper your view of the game world, even if you decrease the opacity.

Is there at least a way to toggle one particular overlay configuration without cycling through them all?

Isnt there an option to reduce/increase opacity? I thought I saw one in the options menu.

Izayoi

Banned

You can turn down the map opacity in the menu.

fallout

And one last observation... the combat isn't nearly as 'meaty' as Diablo 3. At first I thought it was because I was just starting with no skills and gear but even after level 15 it's not really any better. Compare to the Diablo 3 barbarian where you could actually feel the 'punch' of his combat abilities by level 15.
Playing the beta, I noticed this too, actually. After awhile, I didn't really care. It's just a polish thing that has no real bearing on gameplay.

That said ... it kind of sounds like you just want to be playing Diablo 3, heh.

Top Bottom