• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Wilsongt

Oh my goodness. So fast. So much loot. I've always loved the pet mechanic. Full bag? Throw it on the pet and have him sell that shit and keep moving on! No need to teleport to time every few minutes.

Volodja

How's Elite difficulty going for you all playing solo? Going to start off as an Embermage.
As a Berserker on Elite, my experience thus far can be summed with: Shadow Burst everything that moves!
At level 11 it's the only skill I've put points into and while it deals a relatively small acoumt of damage, it is an escape and a heal for pretty cheap and when there is a scary pack I can just spam it all around and be absolutely fine.
As far as items go, I'm stacking Health like a maniac so every Shadow Burst gives me back a lot of life, now I only need to find mana regen and I can zip around without having to stop once in a while. Killing power is pretty low (took me a century to kill Mordrox but considering that I had no skill or stats points spent, it was a pretty safe ride) but considering how many potions I was drinking before, I prefer it this way.

deleted

I played straight up to the first Acts boss in one sitting. The thing is, I misunderstood the game somehow. I was lvl 10 when I faced the boss and he is meant to be challenged with level 12 at least I think. I pulled it off, but it took its time and two deaths. Same thing with the
Ghost Pirate

I thought the quests from your town would lead to other quest in the world, but those are separated it seems. I like it, because its helps you to discover the world on your own. But it would have been better, if I had known that :p Now I'm too high leveled for most of the world quests and too low to move on.

Playing on Veteran btw.

Oh and the Outlander can't do anything with his overpower mechanic, right?

important Torchlight tip: if you find yourself going through pots too fast, invest in a vampiric weapon or self-healing skills. giving your pet a party healing spell is also extremely useful, as they use it whenever the cooldown comes up.

"important Torchlight tip: if you find yourself going through pots too fast, invest in a vampiric weapon or self-healing skills. giving your pet a party healing spell is also extremely useful, as they use it whenever the cooldown comes up."

Alternatively, turn your pet into a Vampiric Spider.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
"important Torchlight tip: if you find yourself going through pots too fast, invest in a vampiric weapon or self-healing skills. giving your pet a party healing spell is also extremely useful, as they use it whenever the cooldown comes up."

wait...WAT?!!?!?!

deleted

important Torchlight tip: if you find yourself going through pots too fast, invest in a vampiric weapon or self-healing skills. giving your pet a party healing spell is also extremely useful, as they use it whenever the cooldown comes up.

That reminds me - when do spells begin to pop up? I'm at the end of Act1 and I have found none so far.

Oh and do challenges disappear, when you teleport back to town? I died, wanted to level some more first and couldn't manage to find it again.

lol or this. I know I made a joke in the op about fishing, but some of the fish are awesome.

That reminds me - when do spells begin to pop up? I'm at the end of Act1 and I have found none so far.

not sure yet. I only played the beta for about 4 hours so I could come in relatively fresh, but I'd like to know this too. have you checked all the general goods vendors?

deleted

not sure yet. I only played the beta for about 4 hours so I could come in relatively fresh, but I'd like to know this too. have you checked all the general goods vendors?

Yep, none so far. Has to happen any moment now, though. I'm looking forward towards that healing spell for my hawk.

what do people think of the charge mechanics? so far it's hard to tell if it's making much difference on my outlander, but I'm keeping an eye on it anyway and trying to keep it maxed out all the time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
what do people think of the charge mechanics? so far it's hard to tell if it's making much difference on my outlander, but I'm keeping an eye on it anyway and trying to keep it maxed out all the time.

Mage charage maxed out = 25% more damage and every spell you cast is free for 12 seconds.... Oh it's fucking amazing on them for sure lol

RS4-

I've only had to use one potion so far with my zerker. Found weapons that did life on hit; then invested a point in the crit hits give 5% HP and some other skill that gives %hp on hit.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I like it a lot more than Diablo 3, which I didn't care for at all, and I think I like it more than Path Of Exile. PoE is fun, but it's so janky and undercooked. This feels like a far more complete product, and is far more professional and engaging. However, it'll be interesting to see whether Runic can maintain the kind of community engagement that Grinding Gears has. They are real bros - my hope is that Runic continue to build on the game and cultivate the community in much the same way.

So, I'm liking it a lot.

Volodja

At Elite with Berserker, when I'm not charged I run around giving some hits here and there while jumping around, when I'm charged I stand my ground and fight as much as I can. Pretty big difference for me, I deal around 80% more damage while charged because every direct hit is a Critical.
I probably should invest in the passive that gives me a percentage of my max life back for every critical but for now I don't need it yet.

Oh and do challenges disappear, when you teleport back to town? I died, wanted to level some more first and couldn't manage to find it again.
I found my first one pretty early on, level 7/8 I think.
I'm relying on my skills that heal based on my max health as a Berserker (the Shadow Burst mentioned in my earlier post) and it's fine, I use Heal 1 to give me a little more regen sometimes, but other than that I really rarely have to use potions now.

Mage charage maxed out = 25% more damage and every spell you cast is free for 12 seconds.... Oh it's fucking amazing on them for sure lol

so wizards are broken again?!

At Elite with Berserker, when I'm not charged I run around giving some hits here and there while jumping around, when I'm charged I stand my ground and fight as much as I can. Pretty big difference for me, I deal around 80% more damage while charged because every direct hit is a Critical.
I probably should invest in the passive that gives me a percentage of my max life back for every critical but for now I don't need it yet.

I found my first one pretty early on, level 7/8 I think.

I'm relying on my skills that heal based on my max health as a Berserker (the Shadow Burst mentioned in my earlier post) and it's fine, I use Heal 1 to give me a little more regen sometimes, but other than that I really rarely have to use potions now.

the berserker is going to be fun, there's so much synergy in those skills. potion spamming was such a problem for destroyers, really pleased they did so much to address it.

is there a GAF torchlight 2 steam group yet? if so can someone add me?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NeoGAF-Torchlight-2

join usssss

Nopren

I've played up to level 13 with a berzerker and I'm using dual knucks and shadow burst, as mentioned further up the page. When an extra large group of enemies is coming up I spawn my "healing" wolf or something like that. It steals hp from enemies and transfer it to me. It will only last about 15-20 seconds at this point, but it is very effective.
But then I tried to roll an Engineer and hoo boy, lugging around a freaking cannon with a heal bot by your side is so much fun. You're pretty much laying waste to everything (playing on veteran btw).
But I'm having trouble figuring out what I should use my charges for. I really don't want to use any other weapon than the cannon.

WHAT DO I SPEND POINTS ON IM SO SCARED!

I want to make an engineer, I think I like the idea of the heal bot, and I also like wielding big giant two handed wrenches and stuff. Any good skill suggestions for me?

Also, how much should I invest in Mana and Dex for an engineer

Lastly, can you take the socketed gems out after you put them in?

Any engineer tips would be greatly appreciated

also, I'm kind of confused in general, how should you go about using skill points? Should I just be choosing a few specific skills and max them and some passives as well, or do I want a bunch of different options, leveling some only to rank I or II or whatever? Also, do you start getting more than one skill point per level? Because just 1 seems way too low for the whole game

Sykotik

Is there no alternate option to set up a runic games account? It's keeping me from playing with my buddies. e: because their site won't load.

L00P

I usually hate melee classes, but the Engineer is an exception. But that is probably because he can use a fucking cannon. His Construction tree seems perfect for my play style. And I just love summoning robots.

just a reminder folks, runic have a head count of around 30 people. it definitely sucks that there are a lot of launch day network problems, but they will be resolved eventually so just hang tight til then.

remember; good things come to those who wait.

Top Bottom