• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Two quick questions.. Is there a way to get health bars above each enemy like in D3? Also, is there a way to get my dmg numbers to always show up so I can actually see how much damage my spells are each doing?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Two quick questions.. Is there a way to get health bars above each enemy like in D3? Also, is there a way to get my dmg numbers to always show up so I can actually see how much damage my spells are each doing?

1) No.

2) Go to the settings, and set the Floating Damage & Text to "Verbose".

Animal

Banned
ya the sliding panels from each side of the screen make huge framerate drops. I haven't tried without vsync on though.

JoeBoy101

Any engineer tips would be greatly appreciated

also, I'm kind of confused in general, how should you go about using skill points? Should I just be choosing a few specific skills and max them and some passives as well, or do I want a bunch of different options, leveling some only to rank I or II or whatever? Also, do you start getting more than one skill point per level? Because just 1 seems way too low for the whole game

Well, damn son, try it out and see what you think regarding the skills. Me, I'm picking a few actives and pumping up the passive skills I want.

Also, you get 1 skill point per character level and 1 skill point per Fame level. You gain Fame everytime you kill a boss or elite monster. You tend to average 2-3 skill points per level, depending, once you get past the early quick levels.

Note, that the extra tiers of the active skills, alot of times, don't pump damage, but just make the skill more effective. For example, the heal bot still heals like it will regardless of tier, but more tiers will provide armor bonuses.

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
Guys how should i level up my engineer? Strength, dexterity, and vitality?

I'm thinking strength and vitality, with a bit of focus. Remember though, the stat requirements from equipment are not absolutely necessary as the level requirement overrides them. Also, if you're doing a ranged/cannon engineer, might want to do more dex in the build.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Good lord the Icedeep Caverns were kicking my ass. I died three times, and had several close calls with the boss. And the best thing I got was a decent pet tag.
LLShC.gif

Miker

GHOST TRICK SPOILERS, DO NOT REVEAL UNLESS YOU WANT TO (possibly) SPOIL GHOST TRICK!

Say hello to my female Outlander
named Lynne and her pet panther Sissel!

So, I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, although I tried to get into it and even had both the PC and XBLA versions. Decided to pick this up today despite all that since it does seem like a game that is a steal at only $20. Took a break from BL2 to try it out, and I'm definitely enjoying it more the first. Even playing as an embermage, and I rarely use ranged or magic type classes. Game is definitely worth the money if anyone is on the fence.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'd recommend anyone running an Embermage to put at least 1 point into Frost Phase. I don't have faith in it ever being useful for killing, but it makes for a pretty great "Oh shit!" button. It's saved my ass countless times already.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
WTF, trying to make an account for TL2 on the runic site is the first time that I've ever had every name I generally use for games/internet stuff be unavailable.

CAN'T PLAY, WASTE OF 20 DOLLARS.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is the page for linking your Steam and Runic accounts still not working for everyone else?

Still not working. It's kind of a mess. Looks like online is completely down now. I can't even contact the auth server to find out I can't play.

Volodja

Damn, I have to say again that Shadow Burst is quite amazing.
At level 14, for 14 mana the Berserker gets an escape though enemies that leaves him invulnerable for the duration of the leap, a heal for 7.5% of maximum health for each target hit with a maximum of 3 (the damage, however, hits all target you pass through) and inflicts 40% of weapon damage, with I think a 1 second cooldown, leaping animation included (I can basically chain leap).
On top of that it has a 50% chance of shield breaking.
And all these stats (damage, heal, number of enemies that count for the heal and shield breaking chance) get better with levels (the number of enimes counted for the heal and the shield breaking chance get an increase "only" every 5 levels).
The mana cost increases too, but it is still quite spammable in bursts.

WTF, trying to make an account for TL2 on the runic site is the first time that I've ever had every name I generally use for games/internet stuff be unavailable.

CAN'T PLAY, WASTE OF 20 DOLLARS.

lol you could always play singleplayer until your imagination starts working again.

spirity

Damn, I have to say again that Shadow Burst is quite amazing.
At level 14, for 14 mana the Berserker gets an escape though enemies that leaves him invulnerable for the duration of the leap, a heal for 7.5% of maximum health for each target hit with a maximum of 3 (the damage, however, hits all target you pass through) and inflicts 40% of weapon damage, with I think a 1 second cooldown, leaping animation included (I can basically chain leap).
On top of that it has a 50% chance of shield breaking.
And all these stats (damage, heal, number of enemies that count for the heal and shield breaking chance) get better with levels (the number of enimes counted for the heal and the shield breaking chance get an increase "only" every 5 levels).
The mana cost increases too, but it is still quite spammable in bursts.

Yeah, I used that during the beta. Really good to use on large packs, build up your charge, then finish them off.

Smokey

So is there issues going on with logging in? I can't. And when I tried to link Steam account with Runic or whatever that didn't work either...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So is there issues going on with logging in? I can't. And when I tried to link Steam account with Runic or whatever that didn't work either...

it's all broken at the moment.

Luthos

Just entered a sidequest dungeon with references to
The Goonies. Including finding Chester Copperpot's corpse. And looting it gives you One Eyed Willy's Other Eye. A blue quality socketable gem.

Love this game.

TheExodu5

Banned
Would you guys say it's better than the first one?

7 levels in and it isn't even close. This is the first loot game I've played where loot is actually interesting in the early game. Pretty impressed by that alone, so far.

I think I'm going to restart on Elite. I've played enough D2/D3, so I might as well go for the challenge.

Not sure if I want to play Engineer...he feels a tad disjointed so far.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Just entered a sidequest dungeon with references to
The Goonies. Including finding Chester Copperpot's corpse. And looting it gives you One Eyed Willy's Other Eye. A blue quality socketable gem.

Love this game.

:O

The thought didn't even cross my mind. I hope I haven't missed too many other references yet.

Any tips for clicking stuff? :)

I went through a bonus portal where you had to
poison spider nests
but every time I went to click the poison pot my character would just stop in front until I spammed the left click button then the spiders would get me. I finally completed it after awhile or sometimes I will click slightly past an enemy which will make me go toward them instead of shooting. It's not the game mostly just me.

thetrin

7 levels in and it isn't even close. This is the first loot game I've played where loot is actually interesting in the early game. Pretty impressed by that alone, so far.

I think I'm going to restart on Elite. I've played enough D2/D3, so I might as well go for the challenge.

Not sure if I want to play Engineer...he feels a tad disjointed so far.

Completely agree. I found TL1 a bit on the boring side, and TL2 blows it out of the water. I still think the "feel" of combat is a bit hit or miss in comparison to Diablo 3, but the loot table is fantastic, and the world is a blast to explore.

Adnor

Banned
Found a unique two-handed weapon that recovers 42 HP per hit. It's SO GOOD that I don't know what could replace it. I love it <3

Top Bottom