• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

_machine

They're going to be offering small stuff for free. Things like new map tilesets, possibly new pets, loot, maybe even a new class - dlc sized stuff like that. An expansion is under consideration, I think that'll depend on how well TL2 does.
Mods should also add plenty of new content, I'm especially looking for hand-designed dungeons with more unique loot.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's kind of annoying how the good enchanters run off once you've used them. I mean you already have to hunt them down in dungeons.

Oh well, this seems like it has enough going on that one will be able to get quality loot and give the character the look they want, customized to the play style they want. It will obviously take quite a bit of play time, but that's what playing with friends and randomized dungeons are for! The important thing is that all the tools for success are there and work very well.

Neki

Got one point in Frost Phase to see if it was a good teleport skill.

It's so awesome. Thinking about investing more points now.

Super mana hungry though. :(

Gvaz

Banned
Anyone need these items?

irlNUhQpPahoX.jpg

iK4hExmE1bD2J.jpg

iYORnsXA1b0nu.jpg

i3vuQG9QaWo7j.jpg

iLnQRVZvMHucj.jpg

I also have 3 pieces of a runemaster set, no sockets

zou

So, while the embermage does take a while to get going, once you onlock burning pillar the game becomes really fun. The cooldowns are small enough and with increased charge rates you can really spam your spells. Closest feeling you get to D2's sorc and no comparison to D3 (which feels similar to embermage below 20, way too much melee for my taste).

Love socketables, especially transmution
They also did gems right, with level requirements both for transmuting and equipping them
Absolutey love loot as quest rewards, being able to choose and seeing them before accepting a quest
I finally get to add sockets to items (yeah, wtf D3)
Gambling rocks
Considering the graphics, it runs absolutely amazing on my laptop (HD3000, D3 is near unplayable)

Oh and So refreshing being able to play a game without these constant, forced interruption that serve absolutely no purpose. Fuck the TP delay in D3, fuck ID delay, fuck end of dungeon portal delays. Fuck the cheesy, shitty cutscene interruption. Fuck the boss and fairy chat spam. Fuck the linear, mandatory and forced quests. Fuck the quest "rewards" (lol here's 500 gold, go buy some potions).

[/rant]

Imo, TL2 with battle.net would be a worthy successor to D2. But even without it, it blows D3 away when it comes to gameplay, loot and item customization.

RS4-

sorry if this has already been asked, but how do i take/view screenshots? where are they kept?

F12. Its in some random folder since steam keeps each games screenshots under a different one.

Anyone find the trigger to access the lever in Vyrax's tower?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I must have all the robot parts. MY CHARACTER WORKS WITH ROBOTS! IT WAS MEANT TO BE!

scy

On Veteran I just died 2-3 times in a single phase portal with a bunch of nether beasts. I'm feeling kind of like dual-wield or 2-handed weapons aren't very viable with the outlander, since the game has so many swarms of mobs that you need the shotgun's control.

My Outlander is an area clearing beast compared to my Embermage on Elite. Blade Pact and Glaive throws. Just shreds minions.

Got one point in Frost Phase to see if it was a good teleport skill.

It's so awesome. Thinking about investing more points now.

Super mana hungry though. :(

It's so much fun with Hailstorm and Thunder Locus with Charge going. All the area of effects!

LuchaShaq

Banned
I really wish there was a Dragon age 2 style system for buffs.

Keep buff X active for 15% of your mana bar.

Keep buff Y active for 10% of your mana bar.

So that your bar is literally never past 75% full but those buffs are always on.

As much as people hate on that game I really wish games would rip that mechanic off.

undu

So that your bar is literally never past 75% full but those buffs are always on.

As much as people hate on that game I really wish games would rip that mechanic off.

Path of exile does it, in some build buffs eat 75% of the mana pool.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'm playing Outlander and something is really bugging me.....

I'm using two passive skills that I think are conflicting with each other, if that is possible? I'm using the shadowling ammo (when you kill stuff there is a chance for a bat to spawn) and the poison something or other (when you kill stuff there is a chance for an explosion of poison).

I've invested enough points into each of these so that both are in the 20-30% range but the proc seems to be much, much, much lower than the stated percentage for both of them. I'm wondering if it rolls one and it fails does that automatically make the other one fail or something like that.

Can anyone with just 1 skill or the other tell me if the proc is anywhere near the stated percentage?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Path of exile does it, in some build buffs eat 75% of the mana pool.

And that's awesome to me. I'd rather play on the hardest difficulty and just let my spirit wolf thing and other buffs just auto go and then use my remaining mana sparingly on combat moves.

Uh, that's a very common feature in WRPGs, not a Dragon Age 2 idea.

I've played a fair about of arpgs/wrpgs and haven't seen it anywhere besides there /shrug.

spirity

Really enjoying the Embermage atm, magma spear + blazing pillar, and frost phase to evac. I've always had a preference for ice or frost damage, in any game that offers it. TL2's ice magic is pretty weak however (at least until you get to the mid levels of thereabouts). Icy blast needs looking at imo, it doesn't compare at all to magma spear, so those going pure ice are at a disadvantage. I guess the idea is to mix and match but I'm definitely thinking about addressing this when the sdk rolls out.

spirity

I'm not a big fan of short duration buffs that require regular recasting. I'd rather stick a buff on and go to work. My PoE templar has 90% of his mana reserved so his available pool is tiny, but I've offset that penalty with high mana regen. (There are also skill passives you can pick up to lower the amount reserved).

RS4-

Man, just finished the game, and all 4-5 rewards are pretty good :(

I'll just go with the Feral chest piece. The murder tool is nice too, fuck.

Oh and I only found 2 robot pieces. I think I know where the third is but I couldn't find a way to get to the lever.

scy

Really enjoying the Embermage atm, magma spear + blazing pillar, and frost phase to evac. I've always had a preference for ice or frost damage, in any game that offers it. TL2's ice magic is pretty weak however (at least until you get to the mid levels of thereabouts). Icy blast needs looking at imo, it doesn't compare at all to magma spear, so those going pure ice are at a disadvantage. I guess the idea is to mix and match but I'm definitely thinking about addressing this when the sdk rolls out.

Yeah, Icy Blast feels rather underwhelming. Which is odd since, maxed out, it has better Weapon Damage% than Magma Spear, I believe. I really wish I could respec out the points I had in it and use it either as a 1-point wonder or skip it entirely.

Oh well.

Torraz

Perhaps I should take a look at frost then. Currently enjoying my fire + lightning/arcane build.

Magma spear/blazing pillar/lightning magma spear equivalent + thunderstorm.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm not a big fan of short duration buffs that require regular recasting. I'd rather stick a buff on and go to work. My PoE templar has 90% of his mana reserved so his available pool is tiny, but I've offset that penalty with high mana regen. (There are also skill passives you can pick up to lower the amount reserved).

Same especially once I get a spell that has a 1 min cooldown and 1 min duration. Just let me give you X% of my mana pool and keep it on, I will just keep forgetting I have the spell and eventually respec into 95% passive stuff.

spirity

Yeah, Icy Blast feels rather underwhelming. Which is odd since, maxed out, it has better Weapon Damage% than Magma Spear, I believe. I really wish I could respec out the points I had in it and use it either as a 1-point wonder or skip it entirely.

Oh well.

Yeah, ice becomes viable later on as icy blast amps up. But for the first act at least it's really just a support tree. I don't know if it can be supplemented by the right gear.

This is kinda commonplace for any game that has casters though. Fire is for dps, lighting is for aoe's, poison/disease is for dots and ice is for control + inferior dps to fire. Seems to be the standard.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've been having fun so far solo, haven't ventured into online games. Level 11 outlander. I kind of like the "I have no idea what I'm doing and am probably making a terrible gimp" feeling I'm getting with my first character. I've been distributing stats fairly equally and have only put points into rapid fire and a couple interesting passives.

theytookourjobz

Wish there was an online mode that required authentification to ensure only people playing legit could join. Other than that, loving the game. Using the enchanters and the ability to add sockets to items makes keeping some early game drops a viable option.

Sinistral

Was disappointed in Diablo 3. It just got too repetitive too quick. Is this game worth my TF2 Mac OSX earbuds? I have not read this thread too much but it looks like a fun game.

Currently playing Guild Wars 2 and Borderlands 2... lots of 2's don't know if I want to add another.

Max

I am not Max
Was disappointed in Diablo 3. It just got too repetitive too quick. Is this game worth my TF2 Mac OSX earbuds? I have not read this thread too much but it looks like a fun game.

Currently playing Guild Wars 2 and Borderlands 2... lots of 2's don't know if I want to add another.
I'm in the exact same boat, the only thing to break me would be getting it for $15

This game is awesome so far.

Question though, where do I get spells? I don't want to keep buying identify scrolls. In the home town I only see general goods, a blacksmith, and the gem thing.

You'd be getting ripped off if you did that. The earbuds are worth $30, just FYI.

RS4-

This game is awesome so far.

Question though, where do I get spells? I don't want to keep buying identify scrolls. In the home town I only see general goods, a blacksmith, and the gem thing.

Other than loot drops I believe its in the middle of a2 or somewhere during a3 where a vendor shows up that sells 2-3 spells, 2-3 runes

Top Bottom