• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

RS4-

Oh, if you finish the game on normal and try to do new game plus, it just continues on normal. I thought you could change the difficulty after.

anddo0

Hows the difficulty levels are?

Is Normal too easy?

I haven't started yet. I'm finally finishing up TL1 on hard. I went with hard because everyone said normal was a cakewalk. The game was fair up until floor 31. Now I'm getting my ass handed to me (level 28). So, if TL2 hard mode is anything like TL1. I'm going with normal. The difficulty spike at the end is BS in my opinion.

Trickster

Is Normal too easy?

I played through it on normal. Was very easy until act 3. Act 3 was easy most of the time, but I still died a couple of times due to not being a bit more careful. Towards the end of act 3 it got pretty intense, would often go down in health very fast, and have to run away to repop my shield (engineer class) and let my hp get back up.

Haven't tried New Game + mode yet though, I imagine that will be a step up in difficulty as well.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx

Is Normal too easy?

I've heard that Normal is a breeze for most anyone. I'm playing on Veteran, and although I've died about 30 times in the first two acts, it seems about right for me. It would be harder if the penalties for dying were more severe.

Morokh

Just completed the act 2 dungeon named Taroch's Rift, very interesting visually in terms of dungeon look and mob powers :)

TheExodu5

Banned
I saw a post on the forums suggesting to put 50 points into each stat before focusing on your primary stats, as there are diminishing returns past that point.

Think that's a good idea?

Torraz

A true one-point wonder.

Did you see the bug I posted yesterday? That shit is broken right now.

Totally missed your post. Thanks! That should cut some of those meatshield bosses down a tad quicker :D.

One thing I find odd is that the lvl 1 lightning spell does (prismatic bolt) seems to kill more efficiently at 1 skill point than a 7 point magma spear (lvl 1 fire spell). Plus, the lightning version has a limited homing function. I don't even want to get into frost, because the lvl 1 frost spell was pitifully weak (at least at only 1 skill point invested).

ATM I am using
LMB - magma spear
RMB 1 - prismatic bolt
RMB 2 - Blazing Pillars
1 HP pot (because I'd like to know how many potions I have left, else I would use the "use best potion keys)
2 Mana Pot
3 Thunderstorm
4 Frost Phase
5 Haste (spell I fonud as a drop)

Game is awesome and graphics get even better as I go on.

The only gripe I have coming from diablo 3 is that the combat feels like my character really isnt hitting things. Im the berzerker melee guy and something just feels off.

Also the clicking on monsters feels off. It feels like I have to b e really accurate on my clicking. Anyone else getting this problem?

Otherwise this game does so much right thats missing in diablo .

Torraz

Are there dungeons that do not have a quest attached to them? I think I just found one, but do not want to clear it to later find out there was a quest taking place in there.

Sanctuary

Has anyone gotten the "any unsocketed itemx1 + any gem of equal or greater levelx2" transmute to work? I've added numerous unshocketed items and always use gems of higher level, but it never registers.

Blu10

Has anyone gotten the "any unsocketed itemx1 + any gem of equal or greater levelx2" transmute to work? I've added numerous unshocketed items and always use gems of higher level, but it never registers.

Yeah I used a level 3 dogtag and level 40 something gems.

Berserker with frost breath + the passives = unstoppable.

Its non-sockable items (ie any items that doesn't have any sockets), it transmutes the item to have sockets. Don't worry I was just as confused as you, but common sense and a bit of logic saved the day!

Are there dungeons that do not have a quest attached to them? I think I just found one, but do not want to clear it to later find out there was a quest taking place in there.
Go ahead and clear them, those dungeons are basically mini side quests that doesn't have an attached NPC quest to them.

Lotto

Berserker with frost breath + the passives = unstoppable.

I'm more partial to Northern Rage. Love it. It's about the only skill I use aside from basic attacking. The pacing in this game is just so good, couldn't put it down last night, lvl 32 Berserker now!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
How do I spec embermage?

Have you tried testing some stuff out yourself? You can respec via the console if you don't like it. Using other people's builds takes all the fun out of it.

Forkball

Have you tried testing some stuff out yourself? You can respec via the console if you don't like it. Using other people's builds takes all the fun out of it.
I've just been going almost all focus, but does that buff the magic damage done by weapons, or is that strength? Also is magic damage refer to only spells or also stay bonuses on weapons.

I've just been going almost all focus, but does that buff the magic damage done by weapons, or is that strength? Also is magic damage refer to only spells or also stay bonuses on weapons.
Focus increases magic damage and yes that refers to magic spells and magic damage from weapons.

Morokh

if you find a dungeon and complete it, and then find a quest related to it it resets and you get an all new one for your quest it would seem.

Yay, I can get stuff enchanted now!

Enchantment_by_meonlyred.jpg

Ceebs

These sandrats in act 2 are a motherfucker if you have no AOE. Walked into a spot with like 6 nests. I actually got a bit of slowdown with a 670 + i5@4.4 ghz.

Recall

Did everything in Act 1, fully explored all maps and did all available quests in 5 hours. 5 hours later and I'm still going through Act 2 I feel like I've had some real shitty loot drops as I'm struggling so much.

Lots of fun though and with headphones the audio in every regard is totally satisfying, love the music and barrage of enemies going splat.

So, are all three passives in the 2hander Engineer tree worth it?

And particularly about coup de grace, is that and the stomp skill that stuns enemies a good combo? Is it worth it to invest in both of them? Is the damage to stunned enemies worth it and does the stun work on bosses?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The fuck man, every Phase Beast's portal I enter is a freaking slaughterhouse. I've had to wave the white flag each time, as the mobs are just too strong and numerous for my greathammer Eng to have any chance.

Anyone else having this issue? It's like me and 30 evenly leveled, yet overpowered enemies in a small box.

Ashodin

So, are all three passives in the 2hander Engineer tree worth it?

And particularly about coup de grace, is that and the stomp skill that stuns enemies a good combo? Is it worth it to invest in both of them? Is the damage to stunned enemies worth it and does the stun work on bosses?

I've been loving it. Haven't used Coup De Grace yet, but I'd imagine it would be amazing with a boss and his adds (which get stunned). There's always adds with a boss.

Finally had 5 random folks join my game. We blew through the first part of chapter 2, it was total chaos with spell effects everywhere, but sadly brought my computer to it's knees.

Was a fun and positive experience, everyone was nice and chatty.

Coup De Grace yet, but I'd imagine it would be amazing with a boss and his adds (which get stunned).

For 1 point it's awesome especially if you have a weapon that stuns, and scales with strength.

The fuck man, every Phase Beast's portal I enter is a freaking slaughterhouse. I've had to wave the white flag each time, as the mobs are just too strong and numerous for my greathammer Eng to have any chance.

Anyone else having this issue? It's like me and 30 evenly leveled, yet overpowered enemies in a small box.

I had this one I tried 2 times. SLIMES everywhere in a small arena with 3 slime mini bosses. Game performance was taking a beating, but slightly playable. Could not beat it.

Ashodin

Yup. I was struggling before I got it.

TBH I'd guess any melee engineer should get it. It's pretty incredible.

If you're using Twohanders and the faster 2H passive, 2H swords I think are the fastest (highest chance to proc it). It's so amazing when it procs, yeah. It's because it makes your hands all glowy and you feel like Link in Zelda with the flashes of colored energy.

Top Bottom