• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Jira

You know the loot system is good when you're using a level 8 pair of gloves at level 45:

S3pk6.png

The Charge decay is also nice, but that flat 12% weapon damage bonus is huge and I just haven't found anything that can beat that yet.

FGMPR

Banned
^I'm in the same position. I've had my level 14 helmet for most of the game because an 8% boost to my bow attacks is just too much to give up, unless I can get a like-for-like piece.

VandalD

You know the loot system is good when you're using a level 8 pair of gloves at level 45.
Sort of similar situation. Here's the wand I'm still using at level 56. I don't attack with a wand, so I don't care about the DPS. From what I've seen drop so far, it's going to be hard to find a pure +10% all damage on another wand.

Just me who thinks engineer is a bit poor in multi-player? The only survivability the class has is a shield which gets one shotted in multi-player. Hes great in single player though.

VandalD

I like that they let you buy a level 100 random map right after beating the game the first time through. Not sure if I'll have enough health by that level to survive an 8800 crit by a regular monster though. Scary.

Gvaz

Banned
This is why I didn't want to play co-op with my main character, I don't want other people to rush me through the plot until I have a chance to read stuff. It's okay if I'm behind with a new character since I can level them up, but otherwise if I'm just dead or behind I miss seeing the cool stuff.

I'm on my main character and I'm not reading anything because I seriously don't give a fuck. The writing is lame.

Gaspode_T

I kind of wish there was a DPS score to look at, is there one in the arcane detail page and I am just not seeing it? I am definitely having a much much harder time deciding about loot in this game than Diablo 3, which is kind of a good thing...keeps you on your toes

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

I got a bunch of new elemental gem shards that I didn't need, so I went to transmute them. they turned into 3 blood ember shards, which regenerate 24hp/sec. I could put two of them in my gloves and be the highlander, or transmute them since I have 3 of them... but what will they turn into???

spirity

I'm always running out of cash through enchanting and gambling. I'm going to have to get some gold find gear. I'm saving all my uniques though, so a second playthrough will be a lot easier. Only just got to act 3.

Shoogoo

I had no problem with my outlander and engineer, but my embermage is really struggling in Act 2, and he has more defense AND more HP than my other characters.

I'm a bit confused there, what's wrong with him?

spirity

I had no problem with my outlander and engineer, but my embermage is really struggling in Act 2, and he has more defense AND more HP than my other characters.

Hows your focus, and what build are you using? I'm mostly fire, and have been dumping points into focus and a little into health. 3:2 more or less, with a bit of dex every so often.

VandalD

Interesting. Have you been using Frost Phase to get away from everything? My mage is at most 3-4 hits away from death even at max health. Hang back and let your pet tank as much as possible. If you can, transmute spells until you can give your pet a few summons. Having extra things between you and the enemy is extremely helpful, far more so than just giving your pet Fireball or something.

My mage for the hell of it:

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Man I think I built my engi wrong. Not wrong. But wrong skill set for wrong wep. I think ill make a new engi.

Also does 3 str and 2 vit per level sound good on melee engi.

Dice

HOLY SHIT

I just found this hammer that doubled my damage output (not to mention +7% crit chance!), then I dropped the 3rd blood ember shard in it to make it triple, then a choas ember shard to add 2.8 second silence (too many sorcerers lately) with the extra 48hp/sec recovery now it's about to be craaazy! Now it's time to find a quality enchanter.

"I would love to see some engineer pictures and STATS like the ones above so I could see myself if im specing him correctly"

Game's only been out for 3 days bro, there's no such thing as a correct spec. If it's working for you, it's working.

Is it possible to change the difficulty in single player? My engineer is somehow a Normal character though I started him online on Veteran.

RS4-

Yeah, that's what I remember from the beta, but it didn't appear in my game.

Oh well, there's always next playthrough!

I just finished the One Eyed Willy dungeon but I didn't see any achievement (or one on the list). Only thing of note that I did get was his eye.

What am I missing?

Dice

Oh and if anyone is higher level than that, I just got this nifty thing.

ibikGJI00llEow.jpg

Prediction: Something will die.

I love this game. It's just really fun and I'm a fan of being completely bombarded with improved loot as well as getting loot beyond my level to look forward to.

Dice

Melee players: A nice 2+ second silence on your weapon does wonders! Nothing like seeing a champion sorcerer just standing there as you beat him to death because you dun shut him up. Poor fuckers can't even teleport away anymore.

So, thus far I've only leveled up STR and VIT completely evenly for my Engineer. Should I be worrying about DEX as well? Or maybe dump some points into Focus too? I'm worried about my fumble chance and reduction. Right now I have a 20% fumble chance and 70% damage reduction when I fumble. That seems really bad for 1 out of every 5 (slow, two handed) attacks.

TheExodu5

Banned
So, thus far I've only leveled up STR and VIT completely evenly for my Engineer. Should I be worrying about DEX as well? Or maybe dump some points into Focus too? I'm worried about my fumble chance and reduction. Right now I have a 20% fumble chance and 70% damage reduction when I fumble. That seems really bad for 1 out of every 5 (slow, two handed) attacks.

Dex doesn't decrease your fumble reduction. I'm not really sure if it's ever worth specing dex as an engineer. If you're getting Coup de Grace, I probably wouldn't bother.

Goddammit, whatever that update did, it reset all of my maps! I just finished fully exploring the Frosted Hills last night, but now it's reset! Dammit!

Oh well.

Gvaz

Banned
Does enabling the console menu and certain commands label you as a cheater? I fucked something up and I want to fix it :(

Okay, Engineer suggestions please, here is my build thus far:

Lvl 23

STR: 68
DEX: 10
FOC: 5
VIT: 67

Skills:
Flame Hammer 5/15
Heavy Lifting 7/15
Supercharge 4/15
Healing Bot 7/15
Bulwark 6/15

I'm not doing amazing on Act II and my health drops pretty fast. It might be my equips more than other stuff, but still, is my build going okay and does anyone have any good suggestions for new skills to invest in?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Melee players: A nice 2+ second silence on your weapon does wonders! Nothing like seeing a champion sorcerer just standing there as you beat him to death because you dun shut him up. Poor fuckers can't even teleport away anymore.

This is why I taught my ferret Silence.

Is it okay to ask in here? I just want to reset all my skill points. How do I do this?

Why wouldn't it be? It's just a console command.

Top Bottom