• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Ever since I turned my pet into a crab, he hasn't died a single time. I don't even think his health has dropped below 1/2. I switched his AI to Aggressive and he just does his thing now. It's good to have a tank keeping the attention of some enemies since I'm so damn squishy. He also has 4 different summoning spells, so I guess he doubles as a necromancer.

spirity

Ever since I turned my pet into a crab, he hasn't died a single time. I don't even think his health has dropped below 1/2. I switched his AI to Aggressive and he just does his thing now. It's good to have a tank keeping the attention of some enemies since I'm so damn squishy. He also has 4 different summoning spells, so I guess he doubles as a necromancer.

Was that a permanent switch?

Added you. The game name is under: NeoGAF

Are you online now?

Yeah I am. I searched by game name prefix "NeoGAF" and it didn't show up. I'm not sure I understand the search results anyway. Half the time when I refresh it shows me a completely different list. Sometimes 5 pages of results, sometimes less than half a page (with the same settings).

Seems kinda buggy to me.

edit: yeah I dunno why the server list is so sketchy for me... I'll have to pass for now sorry. I'll try playing again later.

didamangi

Was that a permanent switch?

It's permanent until you feed it another fish.

Playing engineer lv 34, forcefield then dynamo field into mobs for quick charge buildup and then flame hammer or fire bash them :)

Anyone else think the cannon build for engie is way to op?

Torraz

The one thing the game has been extremely skimpy on (with regard to drops) have been "spells". I only found fireball 1, 2 and haste 1. I'm level 30 (veteran) now. Any way to get more of these?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
The one thing the game has been extremely skimpy on (with regard to drops) have been "spells". I only found fireball 1, 2 and haste 1. I'm level 30 (veteran) now. Any way to get more of these?

There is a vendor who is a "Collector of Fine Things". I think they show up at some point in town in Act 2. They have a very small stock, but they carry spells, gems, and set items. You can eventually find some spells you want if you check there often.

didamangi

There's one side quest in Act 2 that resulted in a vendor that sell spells.

My pet has a summoning skeleton iii spell and it's proven to be very, very useful.

bounchfx

seems really random. I played up to 19 seeing none, but my gf had 3

then I started my new embermage and got 2 from the very first champion I fought, at like level 4. Fireball and Heal All, both are useful as hell.

Anyone else get hitches in lag when a player dies or joins your game? Kind of annoying, Especially when it was a full group of six fighting a boss that took 20 minutes lol

The M.O.B

Anyone else get hitches in lag when a player dies or join joins your game? Kind of annoying, Especially when it was a full group of six fighting a boss that took 20 minutes lol

That hitching is the game scaling the dungeon up or down when players leave or come in. Kind of annoying.

It has begun?

CJb7l.jpg

Morokh

19 hours in, starting the second part of act 3 !

My engineer :D

Done for today ! there really is some fun stuff as far a dungeons an mob animations are concerned.
Some places can really be a little confusing with the amount of mobs they throw at you, but damn is it fun :D

Torraz

The patch bugged my game :(.

Areas I already discovered are respawned / covered in the map again. Even worse, an area I discovered after the patch was reset after I finished the dungeon inside of it and exited again.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah it was called a Giant Tunnel Shark. I was wondering if you could unlock new pets and I guess you can if you get lucky. Get to fishin'!
Is there any way to turn the pet back though? What if you like your current pet and accidentally change it. :(

I'm on my main character and I'm not reading anything because I seriously don't give a fuck. The writing is lame.
I'm sorry but this sounds a little funny...you don't read anything because you know the writing is lame, but you know the writing is lame...even though you haven't read it? :p

Either way, as far as I can tell they give players the choice between listening to cutscenes, reading the quest text, or immediately skipping it all, which is ideal to me. Both types of players can get what they prefer that way.

lacinius

What the heck, an Embermage can wield a shield?!? Lol, level 19 and I'm just figuring this out now! :p

I did resetskills and resetstats... It removed all the stats and skills I spent but didn't refund the points...lol

Just do a "resetplayer" and then "levelup" to whatever level you used to be/want to be, then you can assign the points.

Neki

What are the benefits of using a staff over dual wielding wands on an Embermage? I like wands because they have a ranged attack, but do staffs power up my spells?

What the heck, an Embermage can wield a shield?!? Lol, level 19 and I'm just figuring this out now! :p

Just do a "resetplayer" and then "levelup" to whatever level you used to be/want to be, then you can assign the points.

Does that get me marked as a cheater or anything if it even matters?

Not in online multiplayer. It should still work fine offline.

You're already marked for using console commands at all, so you don't really have anything to lose.

Is only that character marked or my entire account? They really shouldn't have even put them in if they didn't want them used lol.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
So it's true that you're labeled a cheater, if you respec'd via the console?

I might as well start over now, if I can't take this character online.

Flib

About three hours in on a berserker on normal, and I basically am invincible. It's fun but slightly boring. Does it get decently more difficult on this difficulty?

Rolled an embermage on veteran, doesn't seem more difficult as much as it just takes a lot longer for things to die, which doesn't necessarily equate to more fun.

Izayoi

Banned
Is only that character marked or my entire account? They really shouldn't have even put them in if they didn't want them used lol.
Just that character.

I agree that it definitely was not communicated adequately.

Being marked won't affect your ability to play online. However, hosts will be able to see that you're marked with a (!) in chat as well as a caution triangle in your character's profile, so they may kick you if you're playing with pubs.

So it's true that you're labeled a cheater, if you respec'd via the console?

I might as well start over now, if I can't take this character online.
It's true, but it will not affect your ability to play online outside of marking you as a "cheater".

Just that character.

I agree that it definitely was not communicated adequately.

Being marked won't affect your ability to play online, however. Hosts will be able to see that you're marked with a (!) in chat as well as a caution triangle in your character's profile, so they may kick you if you're playing with pubs.

Oh, thats fine then. Those people are mostly likely not worth playing with anyways.

Can anyone tell me how much fame their toon around level 15 has? Derp moment and didn't write it down before using resetplayer to fix my skills

Top Bottom