• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

1) Defeat final boss.
2) Get two uniques from the loot.
3) Discover they are both restricted to Engineers.

RGFoC.png

Its kind of weird, a majority of my rares are for Engineers only, no Berserker love =/

zulux21

Its kind of weird, a majority of my rares are for Engineers only, no Berserker love =/

i'm playing an engineer... about 50% have been for berserkers, 30% for mages, 10% for outlander and 10% for engineer (for the ones that have class restrictions obviously) lol

Sye d'Burns

I've gotten more embermage uniques with my engineer than anything else. I did get a unique cannon, the Big Dog, if memory serves. That's the only unique I've managed to get that's engineer specific.

Einbroch

Banned
So, thinking about picking up this game, but...is this Diablo 2 in the sense that lots of people will play this for a while? I don't want to get swept up in the hype only to have it die in two weeks.

Whoops, meant to edit this into my previous post.

Izayoi

Banned
I'd be wary if only because there's no real way to know in what way they cheated.
If they're really cheating, it will tell you that they leveled too quickly or have impossible stat/skill points.

Someone marked only with "Used console commands." probably isn't cheating too heavily, if at all.

So, thinking about picking up this game, but...is this Diablo 2 in the sense that lots of people will play this for a while? I don't want to get swept up in the hype only to have it die in two weeks.
Highly unlikely, seeing as the first game didn't even have multiplayer and had an active mod community up to TL2 launch.

I imagine this one will do even better.

zulux21

Whoops, meant to edit this into my previous post.

Even if the base game dies down in a few weeks I imagine that mod support will keep players around for a long time. I know my plan is to beat up the main game, maybe goof around a bit more, and then go crazy with mods as they come out a few weeks after the mod tools come out.

Thanks to those who helped me with how to use the special skills. More noobish questions:

1- how to use charge bar (what key to fire bar)

2- need some good berzerk specs. You only have option to change last 3 points Also of there is a good berzerk guide to help craft a good berzerk.

Thanks for the help

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
End of game stats time. I was a dirty cheater and respecced my guy a couple of times. If he's is flagged for online play now, oh well.

I also tried one of the maps in the Mapworks. That should be a great time waster. There was even a map where the enemies will be at Level 105. I look forward to that challenge.

I just remembered my favourite way to use my pet on a ranged character. load it up with summoning spells and watch the hilarity. there's something deeply satisfying about watching a huge boss swatting at the five skeletons shooting him in the knees with tiny arrows, while another skeleton and a zombie hack at his shins, as you sit back and hurl gigantic magical balls of death at him.

Izayoi

Banned
I just want to say this ring is fucking amazing for such a low level item. The skull that gets summoned scales with your level. Basically it spits out hard hitting fireballs for about 10 seconds
Yup. Seems to proc way more often than 1% for me, too. It's great.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
End of game stats time. I was a dirty cheater and respecced my guy a couple of times. If he's is flagged for online play now, oh well.

I also tried one of the maps in the Mapworks. That should be a great time waster. There was even a map where the enemies will be at Level 105. I look forward to that challenge.
PHONY. your a great big PHONY. also having none of your skills maxed hurts me. I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I just want to say this ring is fucking amazing for such a low level item. The skull that gets summoned scales with your level. Basically it spits out hard hitting fireballs for about 10 seconds

I got it early on as well, but there was one problem. Embermages die too quickly. Anything that activates on hit is not worth it to me.

Shotguns and gearing everything for crit and crit bonuses is pretty awesome. I barely have any health, but I'm staying alive on Elite with just rapid fire and shotgun blasts.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
What stats should I focus on for my mage? Its a bit confusing.

I usually go 0/1/3/1 every level. FOC is the main one since all of your spells do elemental damage. Put some points into DEX and VIT so you can meet some gear requirements earlier, and they help you live a bit longer. STR is virtually useless.

I need a good shotgun,getting shit gun drops all the time.And getting ass kicked in act 2 with my gun :/

I may be able to hook you up. I hooked up a couple of GAF'ers with some good stuff earlier. I'm still in act 2 as well.

It really feels like the nerfed the fuck out of item drops.

It's like the exact opposite for me. I've been getting uniques like crazy from elite monsters and those blue glowing treasure chests ever since the patch.

Also, I just got a spell scroll where I can summon 3 poisonous zombie minions.

This is just swell. How the fuck am I supposed to know which is the correct one when the best time estimate they can give me is a 24-hour window?

7Vlp5.png

spirity

For those looking for spells, there's an area called
Elemental Oasis
in act 3 and spells have been dropping like crazy there. I don't know if the spell drop rate is intentionally high - could explain the name of the area - or I'm just having a good run with the rng. Area is pretty tough, I've died three times.

TxdoHawk

And now a piece of the Wazir set just dropped. It has 23% reduced damage on it (!)

Wow.

The set pieces really seem to have nice bonuses on them, on top of being great gear to start with. Makes gearing up after completing a set somewhat agonizing...I find myself playing "do I break my set bonus to upgrade this one individual slot?" quite a bit after that.

Fuck yeah, I have that thing too.

The loot in this game is plentiful and glorious.

Top Bottom