• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Rising_Hei

I just preloaded this game on steam and the download ended after not even a second was elapsed... Isn't this kind of weird?
I think this happens to everyone.

system requirements are up. pretty sure there won't be a netbook mode this time around as they've specified x86 CPUs as required.

If it runs on Windows, it has to have an x86 processor. Windows 8 will be exception to this, but until then, that requirement means nothing.

again, i have a free copy of the first to give away to anyone if they want it

If anybody wants to get rid of a copy of Torchlight 1, go post in the Steam thread. I got rid of an extra copy in a few seconds.

I just preloaded this game on steam and the download ended after not even a second was elapsed... Isn't this kind of weird?

I'm on a pretty decent connection and the download took about 5-10 minutes.

Umi88

Same here.. odd thing is that, it doesnt download anything just says Preload complete...

edit: It just download "installscript.vdf" on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Torchlight II

edi2: Restarting steam fixed it :p

Saprol

The preload is about 1400MB. Maybe I had to restart my Steam for it to actually begin. I only noticed I'm downloading now after switching to my laptop and back.

i just found out i own this game already. bought it in some random 4 pack off another board months ago.

don't u just love going on steam to check on a game and then seeing the "you already own this game" notice on it! i loves it!

now i must go play some TLI so i know wtf i'm getting into.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Can not wait to get into this game. Damn, I haven't anticipated one this much in a long time.

My Mass Effect mantra lives on, as I run Engineer 4 life yo. I hope there's plenty of good hammers in the game, because those are all I want to use, along with cannons.

I think the best feature of Torchlight 2 is not getting your account hacked and character stripped naked. And that actually happened to me, I'm not trolling.

Sigmaah

is there/will there be a demo of this game anytime soon? I might wanna get it but I'd like to try it out first. Kinda getting annoyed with D3.

I think the best feature of Torchlight 2 is not getting your account hacked and character stripped naked. And that actually happened to me, I'm not trolling.
Same here, my account got locked in fact. Figured I wouldn't touch that thing with a pole until I get an authenticator (not happening anytime soon).

All of the classes look fun so I can't pick one :<

Can you play as a female for all the classes?
Yep.

Emitan

#trufax #YOLO

tumblr_m6bcfzXYeB1qa02ojo1_500.png

I just realized the only class I played in the original was the Ranger. Were the other classes any good?

the alchemist is overpowered to the point of being broken in later levels. the melee guy is pretty fun but a huge potion hog. I notice that the summoning tree for the berserker has self-healing skills so obviously runic want to make melee less pot spam heavy.

Santiako

The Alchemist was extremely overpowered in the first game, I hope the classes are more balanced this time.

The embermage will probably be extremely overpowered too

VandalD

What's the end game for this going to be like?
NG+ as mentioned already, and there will be the map room. You'll be able to use maps to go into randomly generated areas, and the maps can have random effects on them like 10% extra enemy health. I've heard it's much like Path of Exile, but I have not played that. There will also apparently be a random boss at the end. Plus, you know, whatever craziness the mods add to the mix.

I like your avatar.
i planing to go all female. LIKE A REAL MAN.
I do the same. But if I play this as much as I think I will, I'll probably eventually have a male of each class too. Gotta try the weird builds.

Is there only one specific "look" for each gender/class? Like On the official website, the male engineer is the guy with the white hair and mustache, is that they only way you can look when you choose a male engineer (not counting equips of course)?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is there only one specific "look" for each gender/class? Like On the official website, the male engineer is the guy with the white hair and mustache, is that they only way you can look when you choose a male engineer (not counting equips of course)?

They have different looks, not a ton though.

Shaneus

I'm probably way off on this, but are open servers really that bad if you stick with your own private one? I recall there were password requirements in the beta if you wanted to play multi, so there's no reason that wouldn't work with this if we wanted to all be in, say, a GAF server. Or make it invite only, not so that it requires a password but that it actually requires a flag to be set in someone's account that lets them join the game.

Or something.

Or maybe they'll create some kind of checksum system so that if someone's character is edited they can have some kind of an online MD5-ish thing that checks if it's been edited or not.

I dunno. But I don't see how it'll be a problem (or at least, something that can be worked around fairly easily). I've never played am ARPG online before.

PS. The engineer looks boss. Most likely to be my first character.

For those on the fence:

I played the Beta for this and got enthralled immediately. I got TL1 with the pre-order, while it was enjoyable I found the beta for the sequel to be immensely better in almost every respect.

VandalD

Engineer or Outlander? What weapons is the Outlander good with?
A typical Engineer would use 2H hammers, 2H swords, 1H sword + shield, or a cannon.

A typical Outlander would use a bow (there are crossbows, but they work like bows), shotgun, dual pistols, pistol + shield, or even dual wands or wand + shield. Though the cannon is a ranged weapon, that's more for Engineers. You can mix things however you want, but certain passives only work with certain weapon types.

Edit: Might as well add to this. Berserkers seem to be weighted towards claws, but they could really use anything, as long as it's melee. There are very few skills that would facilitate a ranged berserker build.

A typical Embermage would, of course, use a staff, wand + shield, or dual wield wands. Keep in mind you'll actually be using your weapons to attack with too, at least in the lower levels. It's a good way to build your charge bar - and then when your charge bar is full, unleash hell with infinite mana.

Frostburn

Ready to check this game out, I enjoyed the first one but didn't get into it as much as Diablo II. I think this may be a reverse in this case with me enjoying Torchlight II more than Diablo III, well that's the hope anyway. Having Co-Op built in alone will make this game better than the first (I tried the mod for the first). Getting excited!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Still have three copies of the first Torchlight in my inventory left, for whomever wants one.

Also - no talent calculators up yet? :(

Top Bottom