• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yo guys, I'm getting sleepy and I don't know if those others are still around. I know it's frustrating not only for those active in the current group but also for those in a tentative newly forming group when people just drop off a message in a thread and don't keep an eye out for responses.

So, if you trust me as a host, PM me to let me know if you're cool with sending me the paypal first so I can buy the 4-pack. First 3 people to confirm are in my 4-pack and I'll tell those 3 where to paypal, then as soon as I am able I'll buy the 4 pack and send out copies.

EDIT: All slots taken.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The stashes have tabs, but not in the way you'd probably think. The tabs separate your gear, consumables, and spells, much like your actual inventory.

Think I'm gonna go Embermage and just blow shit up. Hopefully turn the pet into a somewhat viable tank for me. Or maybe I will go with Outlander after all. That back flip, the glaives... I don't knoooow =(

I have an urge to play a weird build first, like melee Embermage or staff Outlander. I think this is why I'm not too interested in the Berserker. Almost every skill requires melee weapons.

I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to state in the OT how different each of the weapons are and who would generally use what, especially since you'll actually be using them in this game. Each weapon has inherent effects, and every melee weapon besides the claw does a bit of cleave damage, so you don't just hit one guy. Things like that.

I'm probably going to go 1hander/sheild then cannon secondary.

Engies got a nice gap closer so the gun will be there when I need to back off or as a starter attack for the most part. I see no point in a hammer with the build

VandalD

I can't find anything about it.. Is there a NetBook mode this time around?
There isn't an option you can check like in the first game, no. Your best bet is to just try the demo and see how it goes. It is said that performance is the same as the first game, but that's probably disregarding multiplayer.

Sorry if this was asked a million times, but can you respec in this game? Or do you have to be careful with your skill points and such?

Swig_

There isn't an option you can check like in the first game, no. Your best bet is to just try the demo and see how it goes. It is said that performance is the same as the first game, but that's probably disregarding multiplayer.

I have i pre-ordered. I was just curious because it'd be nice to play at work, but I'm unable to plug in my laptop while at work. Figured a netbook mode might help my battery last longer.

VandalD

I think that's a great system, so I won't be modding it to give back more points.
I agree. It lets you try a skill for yourself without necessarily committing to it, but you still have to think about the kind of character you want to build long term. It'll absolutely be the first thing modded though, probably even before the editor comes out.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
For anyone who has played Path of Exile, does the random map system work in TL2 work like PoE's random map system?

As in, you can find maps of different rarities, so say I find a unique map or whatever the highest tier rarity is, that map is more likely to drop good loot. Is that how it works?

VandalD

A Runic dev has just started streaming TL2 on TwitchTV. He tends to answer questions brought up in the chat.

For anyone who has played Path of Exile, does the random map system work in TL2 work like PoE's random map system?

As in, you can find maps of different rarities, so say I find a unique map or whatever the highest tier rarity is, that map is more likely to drop good loot. Is that how it works?
Have not played PoE, but as far as TL2 goes, that is unknown. Maps can have modifiers to the monsters in them or the players that enter them, and possibly better (or worse?) chances at loot.

alazz

Not sure but the random map system in TL1 had a ranking system for maps, like 1-25 or 25-?? and such. The number was equal to the dungeon's difficulty.

Domstercool

Is it just me or do the game likes to download the last 300megs or so over and over again ?

It can't possibly be patches !!? They happen every other hours...

These are indeed patches. They stated that patches would be happening all the way up to release. Also, the version number changes in the game after these 250-300 mb updates hit.

dang i want to get this but spent money on borderlands 2, if anyone has an extra copy that would be wicked i think its something my gf would really want to play as well

sazzy

I still don't get why we can't play it NOWWW since there is:

1/ no retail release
2/ press copies are out
3/ ITS ALREADY PRELOADED ON STEAM

alazz

So is there an endless mode like in the first one?

Well there's a map room system. Last night the dev that was stream said there's a system that gives you maps to randomly-generated dungeons that you can run infinitely. Some maps have affixes, too. I didn't fully catch what he said, but it didn't sound exactly like PoE or Torchlight 1's map system.

Zarovitch

In coop, is the difficulty is harder with more players?
Is it possible to join a friend in is game or you must start the games at the same time?
I would like some drop in drop out session.

zulux21

Is it possible to join a friend in is game or you must start the games at the same time?

I don't recall if the difficulty increased in the beta with more players, but I definitely started my game and then had my friends join, that much I remember

scy

So with absolutely no research into classes at all beyond reading the OP:

Embermage > Outlander > Berserker > Engineer

Think that'll be the route I go for trying classes out.

zulux21

So with absolutely no research into classes at all beyond reading the OP:

Embermage > Outlander > Berserker > Engineer

Think that'll be the route I go for trying classes out.

my order before the beta was Outlander > embermage > Berserker = Engineer
my order after the beta was Engineer > Outlander > embermage > Berserker :p

in general though they were all decently fun... I can't wait to see what modders come up with class wise... hopefully there are some good balanced ones.

scy

my order before the beta was Outlander > embermage > Berserker = Engineer
my order after the beta was Engineer > Outlander > embermage > Berserker :p

I just have an affinity for ranged and casters. That and I haven't looked at a single skill tree so it's basically just "cool a caster, alright ranged, melee dude, melee dudeaswell" for my list.

Edit: 99% chance that my decision will probably be which I think looks better and not how any of them actually play :x

fresquito

I think it scales depending on how far you're from other player. It means that, when you play with another player, and he is in another place, the game will be as hard as solo, but if you go together, enemies will be tougher.

That's at least what I read some months ago. Don't know if it's changed.

zulux21

I just have an affinity for ranged and casters. That and I haven't looked at a single skill tree so it's basically just "cool a caster, alright ranged, melee dude, melee dudeaswell" for my list.

I do as well. I almost strictly play ranged characters. Amazon in D2, Demon Hunter in D3 ect lol
I only played the engineer to goof around with a melee class to try them out and I ended up really liking the class. It may have changed since the beta though as they did rework skills pretty heavily since the beta.

Top Bottom