• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

Mareg

Is it just me or do the game likes to download the last 300megs or so over and over again ?

It can't possibly be patches !!? They happen every other hours...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is it just me or do the game likes to download the last 300megs or so over and over again ?

Seems to be a bit bugged. I had multiple 0kb downloads in the last few days for TL2. *shrug*

Dorfdad

Gold Member

I wish! I have some that try to do that for 5+ gigs all the time and I dont know why or how to fix it! The just keep saying paused and Im not sure if I should unpause them or what to do.

Nabs

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I had to get rid of a visa gift card, and now I have $20 in my Steam wallet. However, on Steam $5 can be a whole new game, so I'd like to get the 4-pack price for T2. Anyone want me to buy them $15 in games in exchange for a 4-pack copy?

VandalD

Also - no talent calculators up yet? :(
Closest thing I've seen to a calculator is a list of the skills, what they do, their tier bonuses, and how they're laid out in game. Click Skills next to the class here: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/showwiki.php

The level cap is 100, and you start with 1 skill, so that means 100 skill points from leveling (I would think you can pay to respec and get that 1 starter point). I believe the Fame cap is 50, so 50 skill points from that. So you'd have 150 skill points, and each skill caps at 15. You can sort of plan with that knowledge, but I wish there was a calculator too.
Good to know. Nothing getting patched for me though with 0kb ;p
I'm getting that too. It just downloaded a patch, and now it's going between paused and downloading, but not downloading anything. 0 bytes / 0 bytes updated. I don't remember this happening last time I pre-loaded a game, but it's been a while.

Saprol

I noticed one of the patches resetting me to 80-90% completion, but once it's finished it just reverts to 0kb/0kb as always.

bounchfx

I bought a fourpack, but only got 2 to give away - what the hell? Did this happen to anyone else? Got 4 copies of TL, 2 of TL2. I'm missing a copy of TL2!

:mad:

AwRy108

Looking to get in on a Steam 4-pack of this, please PM me if you need another taker. I'm NeoGAF Plus on the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, so you know I'm good for the $.

Dice

I can Paypal, though as I said, I could also just send $15 in steam games if anyone is down for that.

Daeda

Got a review copy. Not that far in but as far as I know there is no NDA so I can answer any question. Havent played D3 though so cant really compare

I can Paypal, though as I said, I could also just send $15 in steam games if anyone is down for that.

if you manage to get into a group, it might be better if you host if you want to used your Steam Wallet + paypal. Of course they will have to send the money first so you have enough funds to buy the four pack.

Daeda

How does it perform?

Does it feel pretty substantial when you level up or pretty incremental?

Runs fine with a lot of enemies on screen.. just very rarely there is some substantial lag, but I think it has to do with saving or something. So overall nothing to complain.

Wouldnt say leveling is substantial per se. You get to out some points in the regular strength/dexzterity stuff and then upgrade a skill. Skills are class dependent. There are essentiall three types of skills and every five or something levels a new skill becomes available in each category. You can of course also upgrade bought skills so there is quite some customization.

MrBS

If there is anyone left on earth who doesn't own Torchlight on steam I have two copies to give away. First two quotes get them.

edit: gone!

Dice

That's two of us. Since Steam takes Paypal as payment, if there is trust and we're all using Paypal then anyone could host and it could all be sorted without delay.

Are there 2 more people who want in on this? If no one wants to host, I can. You guys can trust me, because even if you don't truly trust me, you can trust that I don't want to get banned because you can see I'm a "leader" of a subcommunity here (kpop-gaf) so I have something to lose if I dared to be a swindler.

spirity

You know one of the things I like about Torchlight? You get a separate shared stash -and- personal stash. When I create another class, I like to keep all the bits and pieces I collect contained to that character. A pet peeve of mine is having to use a shared stash ala Diablo 3 and Path of Exile, so low level and high level gear gets all thrown in together. It gets messy fast. With TL2, I get the best of both worlds.

Its probably an odd complaint, but something thats always niggled me.

alazz

You know one of the things I like about Torchlight? You get a separate shared stash -and- personal stash. When I create another class, I like to keep all the bits and pieces I collect contained to that character. A pet peeve of mine is having to use a shared stash ala Diablo 3 and Path of Exile, so low level and high level gear gets all thrown in together. It gets messy fast. With TL2, I get the best of both worlds.

Its probably an odd complaint, but something thats always niggled me.

Nope, you're spot on; it's a really smart feature. I can't recall really but does the shared stash in TL2 have tabs? Because that'd be so groovy.

Dice

Anyone have room for one more in a four pack?
can someone add me to their 4 pack
thanks
Sykotik is in but I am sending you two PMs. I need everyone to confirm that they are okay with sending me the paypal in advance so I can host the 4-pack before I ask any of you to actually do so. Wouldn't want two doing so only for the 3rd person to decide they aren't comfortable doing that.

VandalD

Nope, you're spot on; it's a really smart feature. I can't recall really but does the shared stash in TL2 have tabs? Because that'd be so groovy.
The stashes have tabs, but not in the way you'd probably think. The tabs separate your gear, consumables, and spells, much like your actual inventory.
How many people here are going defensive based Engineer? :3
Think I'm gonna go Embermage and just blow shit up. Hopefully turn the pet into a somewhat viable tank for me. Or maybe I will go with Outlander after all. That back flip, the glaives... I don't knoooow =(

I have an urge to play a weird build first, like melee Embermage or staff Outlander. I think this is why I'm not too interested in the Berserker. Almost every skill requires melee weapons.

I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to state in the OT how different each of the weapons are and who would generally use what, especially since you'll actually be using them in this game. Each weapon has inherent effects, and every melee weapon besides the claw does a bit of cleave damage, so you don't just hit one guy. Things like that.

Top Bottom