• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight II |OT| Good things come to those who wait

alazz

Veteran is more or less a Normal mode for "veterans of the genre." Not too hard but the champion mobs and bosses will challenge you. I'll be doing Elite because that's what my friends are doing first, too.

it's worth noting that, as of beta, there's no difference in loot among the difficulty levels. I don't think Runic ever said will change, either.

Okay, so I bought the torchlight ii four pack, and I preloaded one, but it looks like I only have two available to send as gifts? And it looks like I have FOUR copies of torchlight I to give as gifts. Anyone else have a problem like this? What should I do?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Okay, so I bought the torchlight ii four pack, and I preloaded one, but it looks like I only have two available to send as gifts? And it looks like I have FOUR copies of torchlight I to give as gifts. Anyone else have a problem like this? What should I do?
You should send one of those of those TL2 copies my way. :D

(Buying TL2 before release gives you a free copy of the first game. You got a 4-pack, so you ended up with 4 copies.)

You should send one of those of those TL2 copies my way. :D

(Buying TL2 before release gives you a free copy of the first game. You got a 4-pack, so you ended up with 4 copies.)

Yes, but the problem is I didn't get enough torchlight II copies. I bought a four pack, preloaded the game for myself, and now I only have two to give out as gifts. Something is wrong. And if I got torchlight I copies with the pack, wouldn't only 3 of them show up in my gift inventory?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Use them as currency for when the apocalypse comes.
Or send a key my way and I'll give one to a gaffer I know. =P

Nabs

Try restarting Steam.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Yes, but the problem is I didn't get enough torchlight II copies. I bought a four pack, preloaded the game for myself, and now I only have two to give out as gifts. Something is wrong. And if I got torchlight I copies with the pack, wouldn't only 3 of them show up in my gift inventory?

Ah I see. It does sound like something messed up. You'll probably need to contact Steam support to sort it out.

Edit: Restart Steam like the others are saying. That does seem to solve a lot of problems.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Restart Steam. Someone in the Steam thread had the same issue, it fixed itself after restarting Steam.

KePoW

Banned
it's worth noting that, as of beta, there's no difference in loot among the difficulty levels. I don't think Runic ever said will change, either.

What... really??? That's weird. What's Runic's explanation for that one?

Runic should really make the loot system just like D2, that's what everyone wants. I don't know understand some of their decisions.

(Before anyone says to just go play D2, the obvious reason is because it's way too old and dated presentation-wise now. I am a graphics enthusiast and cannot stand to play old games like some do.)

SScorpio

When you buy four packs on Steam of the copies will always automatically activate on your account. You won't be able to buy a four pack if you already own the game, and you can't gift and entire four pack.

You should have received three giftable copies of TL2, did you "open" one of them to add to your account? You shouldn't have been able to, but that might be where the bug is. You'll need to open a support ticket with Steam and then wait three months for them to respond.

If you already own TL1 the TL2 preorder will give you a giftable copy of the first game. This could be why you have four giftable copies of the first game rather the three you were expecting.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Have some extra copies of TL1 as well, for whomever. I'm assuming someone out there's still missing the game.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I ctrl+f tampered and cheating. Is it possible to tell if a character was tampered with in online games? I dont want to play with cheaters and would be nice to see if friends are cheating or not

Kalnos

Banned
I ctrl+f tampered and cheating. Is it possible to tell if a character was tampered with in online games? I dont want to play with cheaters and would be nice to see if friends are cheating or not

No, it isn't possible to tell other than the obvious.

There is a bunch of posts deleted from this thread, any reason? Like the one this post by hardcastle was quoting (click the arrow then click the arrow of the post he's replying to):

I edit way, way, way too much and I need to stop doing that.

Perhaps the difference in perspective is because I'll probably end up playing with a limited group of people anyway, so I probably won't run into the larger crowds of Super Weapon hackers.

The one where the OP told us to go outside and get a life is gone as well. Strange...

anaron

QTyzK.gif

4 more days

Why did you put "rapidly clicking" in the OP?

Are you the guys who used to just rapidly palm the buttons in Street Fighter at the arcade?

Is that guy who complained about breaking his $100 mouse because he doesn't know how to hold click to walk and attack in these games going to post here?

I just wanna save your index fingers, everybody. Say no to rapid clicking.

hah actually it was a reference to that guy, but if you turn this post into a psa I'll chuck it in the op.

Izayoi

Banned
If your friends are actually friends wouldn't they just tell you if they had messed around with mods? I don't really see why this is a problem, play with people you trust if it's an issue.

Looks so fun! Large overworld with bunch of dungeons, day/night cycle, weather, male and female classes, co-op...it goes on and on!

Will this have similar system requirements as the first?

Can't wait! I'm going to make this game my little reward after a long busy week!

spirity

There is some sort of software Runic is incorporating into the game to sniff out cheaters. I don't know how effective it's going to be, or the parameters it looks for. It more than likely will not catch everyone.

system requirements are up. pretty sure there won't be a netbook mode this time around as they've specified x86 CPUs as required.

On a fence about getting this or not. I never played the first one.

semblance has a few copies of the first game to give away, if you ask really nicely you might be able to score one of those. otherwise there's a demo on their site and on Steam, so you can get an idea whether it's your cup of tea or not.

alazz

Don't think so!

That's nice. Didn't copy my save games when I built my new computer, and I honestly don't ever want to play TL1 again. I did a five hour speed run at actually made it with just minutes to spare. Burnt out doesn't begin to describe it.

So how does the skill system work in this game? I heard they made some changes, but I haven't found a definite answer.

similar to before but with "perks" added to the skills after a certain number of points invested. for example, if you put 5 points into fireballs they might gain splash damage, 10 points adds a damage over time effect etc.

it's a good improvement in my opinion, it actually gives you tangible reasons to keep putting points into low-tier skills other than ZOMG DPS.

VandalD

So how does the skill system work in this game? I heard they made some changes, but I haven't found a definite answer.
About like they do in D2 and TL. The skill rank cap is 15. Every 5 points you put into an active skill gives you a "tier bonus," which tends to give the skill a much more exciting boost than an extra 2% damage or something.

Rapid Fire (a channeled shooting ability) for the Outlander is a good example. Tier 1 (5 points) gives you random extra shots. Tier 2 doubles the range of the shots. Tier 3 makes your shots set things on fire.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
similar to before but with "perks" added to the skills after a certain number of points invested. for example, if you put 5 points into fireballs they might gain splash damage, 10 points adds a damage over time effect etc.

it's a good improvement in my opinion, it actually gives you tangible reasons to keep putting points into low-tier skills other than ZOMG DPS.

That does sound better.

Top Bottom