• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

MPW

i'll wait for wiiu slim, price cut and get it when zelda comes out

ps3 will do just fine for now

played wiiu @ fan expo, graphics didn't impress me, not a huge leap from ps3

the controller was much lighter than i expected which is a good thing

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If we're doing a Wii U launch night meet up, we should probably agree on a location soon. It looks like these things are going fast.

Futureshop at Yonge and Dundas Square for me. Nintendo treats the store like their flagship store in Canada, and they'll probably have an even going on at the square.

Like I said before, they usually don't allow you to redeem your preorder at the midnight launch (have to come back in the morning), but I'll be picking up a preorder anyway, just in case I can't make it / there are too many people ahead of me.

Roto13

i'll wait for wiiu slim, price cut and get it when zelda comes out

ps3 will do just fine for now

played wiiu @ fan expo, graphics didn't impress me, not a huge leap from ps3

the controller was much lighter than i expected which is a good thing

How much smaller do you think the Wii U is going to get?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Futureshop at Yonge and Dundas Square for me. Nintendo treats the store like their flagship store in Canada, and they'll probably have an even going on at the square.

Like I said before, they usually don't allow you to redeem your preorder at the midnight launch (have to come back in the morning), but I'll be picking up a preorder anyway, just in case I can't make it / there are too many people ahead of me.
With tsilon.ca offering some kind of perk on Monday for members level 40 or above it looks like I won't even try to get a console in-store at a midnight launch now.

zroid

Banned
Zelda Symphony tonight!

Am excite!

yessssssssssssssssssss

I got slightly ill yesterday and was worried that it could go either way today (get better or worse); fortunately, it got better ^_^

Also, I don't visit this thread often, but am I crazy or is Toronto really overrepresented on GAF for some reason? I don't see any other City-GAF threads consistently on the front page, and I'm always surprised to see numerous familiar posters from the gaming forum in here.

Toronto photo of the day:

FZUpo.jpg

source

zroid

Banned
This is probably a little sad, but I'm honestly not sure if I'm more excited about the concert itself or getting dozens of StreetPasses.

jokkir

This is probably a little sad, but I'm honestly not sure if I'm more excited about the concert itself or getting dozens of StreetPasses.

I hate how the limit per Streetpass is 10 though. I'd have to keep taking my 3DS out to get more Streepasses -__-

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Streetpassed around 50 people, but no apparent GAFers. Mii was EvilMario so out should be easy to recognize, with the message ThisIsNeoGAFdude.

The performance itself was awesome. I'm glad they put in the Ballad of the Windfish, my personal favourite Zelda tune. Only really downers for the performance was the crowd. Thirty sometimes behind us we had to ask to stop kicking seats, and people randomly shouting during the performance; Enough so the the conductor had to motion to then to quiet down.

All my puzzles are complete now, and I have one hat left in Find Mii II. I hope we get some new stuff before the Wii U launch event.

Anth0ny

So that was probably the greatest thing I've ever seen/heard. I was in the front row, and had chills that entire symphony. Zelda music gets me good. Especially that Link to the Past movement.

Street passed a bunch but I don't think I found any GAFers.

So that was probably the greatest thing I've ever seen/heard. I was in the front row, and had chills that entire symphony. Zelda music gets me good. Especially that Link to the Past movement.

Street passed a bunch but I don't think I found any GAFers.
I did see an Anthony as I was leaving. Not sure if that was you (Wearing squid hat, last played Kid Icarus)

Streetpassed around 50 people, but no apparent GAFers. Mii was EvilMario so out should be easy to recognize.
Yes, having seen yours before... definitely didn't see you.

Checked around 75+ tags, and filled up all the other games.

As for the concert itself: In my head I thought it was a bit short, but then it was still 2 hours. They did do a Majora's Mask suite, which I was freaking out over not hearing right up to the end.

zroid

Banned
I did see an Anthony as I was leaving. Not sure if that was you (Wearing squid hat, last played Kid Icarus)

Yes, having seen yours before... definitely didn't see you.

Checked around 75+ tags, and filled up all the other games.

As for the concert itself: In my head I thought it was a bit short, but then it was still 2 hours. They did do a Majora's Mask suite, which I was freaking out over not hearing right up to the end.

I GOT YOU! Apparently for the second time o.o

when was the first?

That was fantastic, by the way. Sure there were a few omissions that I'd have liked to hear, but they can't 100% please everyone. Very tastefully done.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I thought it was fantastic. I think I saw Alphatwo but wasn't sure.

Although I thought the audience was waaaaayy too obnoxious. It's pretty rude to hoot WHILE the orchestra was playing.

The Wind Waker Theme was the best, even my girlfriend who doesn't play Zelda thinks so. God I love that game so much.

zroid

Banned

Although I thought the audience was waaaaayy too obnoxious. It's pretty rude to hoot WHILE the orchestra was playing.

Yeah but it kind of goes with the territory. It's the same throughout the tour and the performers expect it. Sometimes it's a little irritating though. There were a couple particularly rambunctious fellows sitting two or three rows behind me.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Yeah but it kind of goes with the territory. It's the same throughout the tour and the performers expect it. Sometimes it's a little irritating though. There were a couple particularly rambunctious fellows sitting two or three rows behind me.

Yeah I know, it was just a bit annoying especially during the Majora's Mask suite. Other than that it was a great night.

EDIT: haha I did get AlphaTwo's Mii

whitehawk

Banned
Not sure if I got any of you guys. My Mii has a white t-shirt and a football helmet, as well as the slogan "dudebro2.com" if you saw me.

Concert was amazing, so glad I went.

I'm surprised I got so many streetpasses yesterday considering I didn't go to that concert and it sounds like every video game nerd in town was there!

Toronto photo of the day:

uoacu.jpg

source

jokkir

The symphony was amazing and streetpassed around 50-60 people. I agree with the obnoxiousness but some of the comments were hilarious. Like when they revealed who Shiek was and someone yelled "oh my god!". That made me laugh but yeah, some cheered too much lol.

Man, I need to go to more video game themed symphony's.

ZZMitch

Not sure if I got any of you guys. My Mii has a white t-shirt and a football helmet, as well as the slogan "dudebro2.com" if you saw me.

Concert was amazing, so glad I went.

I got you! My friend and I laughed when we saw that lol. Mine had a white shirt and a hotdog hat (wizard hat at the end) and said Ello!

jokkir

I got you! My friend and I laughed when we saw that lol. Mine had a white shirt and a hotdog hat (wizard hat at the end) and said Ello!

I think I got yours!

Did anyone pass by a Mii named "carL" with an Epona hat and the greeting saying "Neeighhh" or something similar? That was me :D

Nerds not knowing how to behave in public? Who would have thought.

That's the #1 thing keeping me away from stuff like that.

whitehawk

Banned
I think I got yours!

Did anyone pass by a Mii named "carL" with an Epona hat and the greeting saying "Neeighhh" or something similar? That was me :D
I'm not sure about last night, but I think I've streetpassed you at least twice prior to this concert.

edit: just checked, I have 1 tag from you from 4 months ago.

Top Bottom