• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Biscuits

Threi said:
Yeah RFD is both a blessing and a curse. I kinda want the HP tablet now, which i would have never known about if it wasn't for RFD, but thanks to some of the assholes that lurk there there is no stock left for anyone.
I was out Friday too, so the one time I didn't check rfd it's the deal of the year :(

ikqEXH9z.jpg

Another great skyline photo from over at urbantoronto.ca

Roto13

I need to get from downtown to the airport late tonight/early tomorrow. I seem to remember taking an airport-specific cab service that was like $30 - $40, but I don't remember what it was called and I can't find it. Does anyone know what I might be thinking about? How much does a standard cab cost from the Bloor/Yonge area to the airport at 3 in the morning?

explodet

Roto13 said:
I need to get from downtown to the airport late tonight/early tomorrow. I seem to remember taking an airport-specific cab service that was like $30 - $40, but I don't remember what it was called and I can't find it. Does anyone know what I might be thinking about? How much does a standard cab cost from the Bloor/Yonge area to the airport at 3 in the morning?
There's Airport Express, which is a bus service, $40 round trip. ($24 one way)
http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/

Check the map to see if their stops are near where you need to go.

Sometimes you can negotiate with cabs to have them take you where you want to go for the same rate, but I've only seen it going to the airport, not leaving it.

Roto13

explodet said:
There's Airport Express, which is a bus service, $40 round trip. ($24 one way)
http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/

Check the map to see if their stops are near where you need to go.

Sometimes you can negotiate with cabs to have them take you where you want to go for the same rate, but I've only seen it going to the airport, not leaving it.
They start at 4:30 and I have to be there 3 hours before my 6:30 flight so that's no good. Or I can get on the last bus tonight and get there at 12:30 and hang around for an extra three hours. :p Who needs sleep anyway?

Draff

Roto13 said:

Cab will cost around $50. You can negotiate a flat rate as well.

There's no shuttle pick up near Yonge and Bloor. You'll have to cab or subway to Delta Chelsea which I believe is the closest stop.

Rinoa

If you're going to need a cab due to the hours, might as well schedule an airport limousine pickup with flat rate agreed upon as you book it. They're far more reliable and it's a very relaxing thing before/after any flight. There are a whole bunch of different companies and their prices are usually within 5 dollars of each other.

Kunohara

Fuck, my mom called and told me she felt it, I didn't feel anything at work here (near Pearson). This is like the 2nd or 3rd time I've never felt the bloody thing. I would once like to.

Roto13

It wasn't that strong here but I felt it. I was sitting on my bed and I felt it move and I wasn't sure if it was actually moving or I was just freaking out or something.

It was short but really strong here for me in North York. I do live in an old tall ass building though so it was probably double wobbly compared to others.

Biff

Didn't feel it at Yonge/Eglinton.

I didn't feel the quake last year either despite everyone else in the office feeling it. Guess I have some kind of shitty quake-immunity super power
I want spider powers :(

ili0926

Didn't feel anything at Bay and Bloor. I didn't feel the one last summer either when everyone else in the office did, though I was outdoors when it happened. I've always wanted to experience one!

cbox

ili0926 said:
Didn't feel anything at Bay and Bloor. I didn't feel the one last summer either when everyone else in the office did, though I was outdoors when it happened. I've always wanted to experience one!

I'm at yonge/bloor 12 floors up and felt it - wasn't too bad

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mel Lastman Square. I was at lunch and out on Yonge Street but didn't feel it. Everyone in my company felt it up on the 7th floor though.

People were freaking cause they said it felt like the building was swaying.

ili0926 said:
I work a block from there and I felt my building wiggle. Being that it was a 5.8/5.9, you probably wouldn't have felt much if you were moving around.

Personally, I took the opportunity to run to starbucks and get myself some caffeine.

roddur

this thursday me and my wife thinking of going for a long drive. can u guys give me any idea where can we go for a long beautiful day trip? we dont have any plan to stay any place, just want to enjoy the drive.

Anony

firestorm, thought you lived in vancouver
fanexpo is shit, dont waste your money
if you're going for a meet up on saturday, i say go to jack layton's state funeral at Thomson hall

Firestorm

Anony said:
firestorm, thought you lived in vancouver
fanexpo is shit, dont waste your money
if you're going for a meet up on saturday, i say go to jack layton's state funeral at Thomson hall
I've been in Ontario for the past 8 months. I'm going back to Vancouver on the 2nd. And I'm pretty sure the funeral will be over before 8PM. I already comitted to going to the Expo although I may skip most of Saturday for that yeah.

Top Bottom