• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Confirming snow here around Steele's and Dufferin. ;__;. Though it's very little and may have stopped.

I live around there! How dare you!

But I'm not far off (Yonge and Empress) and I don't even see anything close to a snowflake as yet.

jokkir

I live around there! How dare you!

But I'm not far off (Yonge and Empress) and I don't even see anything close to a snowflake as yet.

Saw something falling on the bus ride. It couldn't have been reason because it was waving a bit. Maybe dandruff?

Rinoa

There was def snow at Duff/St Clair earlier today. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOPE

Eating BMB kimchi fries for lunch after having a slice of pizza.. dying of grease right now.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
One thing I love about working until 12:30 on Fridays is that I pick up some food on the way home. I picked up some jerk chicken with rice and peas from a little place on Kennedy and Huntingwood (south of Finch) that my brother always tells me to go to and it was great. I think I'll get a beef patty on coco bread next week.

Fuzzy

I've yet to find a place that makes it as tasty and with the good kind of flaky patties.
My brother said this place has the best patties but I haven't tried them yet. A friend of his would call my brother and have him bring a dozen to him even though he was working at a Jamaican shop that his family owned. :lol

Speaking of Jamaican food, I'm hoping my cousin makes her oxtail and brings it to her parent's house for Christmas dinner. Last time I had it was in April at her son's b-day party.

I have to stop posting on GAF while I'm working out I just realized that for some reason I make a lot of typos when I do. I'm editing all my posts god damnit. My fingers are just too tired when to operate when I do.

That part made me laugh hard.

Go look at their actual Facebook post. The number of knee-jerk boycotts in the comments is amazing.

Apparently middle-aged white women love listening to Christmas music the moment the calendar flips to November, and will NOT have it taken away. (Oh, wait, I already knew this from the annual fight we have at the office every November.)

TbNeN.jpg

Fuzzy

I talked to my mom today and she told me it was ridiculous that SDM was playing Christmas music when she went there yesterday. November 1st really is too early, they should at least wait until the Santa Claus Parade (two weeks from this Sunday).

EDIT: I don't personally care because I'm not in stores long enough for the music to bother me but I do feel sorry for the employees.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't know If I feel strongly about anything the way some people feel about the most inane things.

I don't know If I feel strongly about anything the way some people feel about the most inane things.

It's not the music that gets me so much as the attitude that, where and whenever it's played, I'm just supposed to suddenly perk up and think the world is a wonderful place.

If I've just come off a 12-hour day to stand in an unmoving line to buy one product in one store that I should have been able to get online, and have to deal with parking lot stupidity, traffic, and cruddy weather as a result, the world does not get better all of a sudden with the opening notes of Here Comes Santa Claus.

It only improves if he's actually coming and paving a clear path for me to GTFO.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It's not the music that gets me so much as the attitude that, where and whenever it's played, I'm just supposed to suddenly perk up and think the world is a wonderful place.

If I've just come off a 12-hour day to stand in an unmoving line to buy one product in one store that I should have been able to get online, and have to deal with parking lot stupidity, traffic, and cruddy weather as a result, the world does not get better all of a sudden with the opening notes of Here Comes Santa Claus.

It only improves if he's actually coming and paving a clear path for me to GTFO.

Well I meant the crazy people boycotting SDM over the music lol

Roto13

You sound like a pretty miserable person.

Oh, I almost forgot.

I was out with a friend of mine at a bar on Halloween. A blond girl came up to me and said "I want to rub my vagina on your head and then bounce it onto his head" and she points at my friend.
Then she said "My vagina" just to make sure we heard her correctly.

I think she said it because I was wearing a soft fur hat and he was wearing a devo hat. Still though, it was very entertaining.

You sound like a pretty miserable person.

I don't like the attitude that presumes to tell me how to feel after a long and stressful day. That doesn't make me a miserable person. A good person having a miserable day, perhaps, but not a miserable person.

Don't be so judgemental.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't really think they're trying to tell you how to feel by playing the music (also given that most employees at places like SDM seem miserable with the cheery music going all day). Although they may be trying to get you to think about buying Christmas gifts. I love the season, but this is a few weeks too early.

edit: added_time has a much more interesting life than me.

I don't really think they're trying to tell you how to feel by playing the music. Although they may be trying to get you to think about buying Christmas gifts. I love the season, but this is a few weeks too early.

edit: added_time has a much more interesting life than me.

Marketing is all about the emotional sell. We play feel good songs! Feel good about our merchandise! Buy more! Buy more! Geez, if we play the songs LONGER maybe they'll buy our products EVEN MORE than that!

I mean, they sell HAPPY LABOUR DAY cards in stores now. Appropriateness and context has been flushed by the big 'ol marketing toilet.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Marketing is all about the emotional sell. We play feel good songs! Feel good about our merchandise! Buy more! Buy more! Geez, if we play the songs LONGER maybe they'll buy our products EVEN MORE than that!

I mean, they sell HAPPY LABOUR DAY cards in stores now. Appropriateness and context has been flushed by the big 'ol marketing toilet.

Yeah, but I don't need Christmas music to remind me I'm being marketed to every waking moment. And if I raged about everything that bugged me, I'd just be screaming at everything all day long. :p

Roto13

I don't like the attitude that presumes to tell me how to feel after a long and stressful day. That doesn't make me a miserable person. A good person having a miserable day, perhaps, but not a miserable person.

Don't be so judgemental.

Don't be so miserable.

I talked to my mom today and she told me it was ridiculous that SDM was playing Christmas music when she went there yesterday. November 1st really is too early, they should at least wait until the Santa Claus Parade (two weeks from this Sunday).

EDIT: I don't personally care because I'm not in stores long enough for the music to bother me but I do feel sorry for the employees.

Atleast its not as bad as it was down in Windsor last year. I worked part time at a grocery store chain and they had it playing in unison with halloween music by mid october. Those were the worst 3 months in my life. There is a severe lack of christmas music to fill 3 months.

So Mayor Ford used the TTC as his personal free taxi service:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/11/02/toronto-ford-football.html

Just when you think you can't be surprised anymore...
Seriously, how can he get away with that.

You'd think that with all the scrutiny on him AND his football team management, he would be smart enough to not do this. I am surprised by the fact that I am even surprised by this.

The most disgusting part about it is that people (who paid to ride) were kicked off of TWO buses in order to facilitate this.

I made a new mascot for his football team:

lzs6i.png

The Gravy Man!

whitehawk

Banned
You'd think that with all the scrutiny on him AND his football team management, he would be smart enough to not do this. I am surprised by the fact that I am even surprised by this.
I'm guessing he knows he's not going to win the next election, so he's using up the benefits as mayor while he can.

Roto13

You'd be surprised how forgiving his fanbase is. Especially if no one good runs against him, or too many people run against him.

Yes. It's not as thought the type of person he was was a bit secret before he was elected. He's the exact same person they all voted for.

Rinoa

YES! I was there Nov 1 and it made me rage to have to hear it for the 15mins waiting in line to pay. And according to comments, Walmart "has back to school sales in July" WTF?

I seriously hate retailers, they ruin nice things. I used to love christmas music but now it's just, as another commenter said "howling spend spend spend".

Top Bottom