• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
so how much $$$ did u guys spend on boxing day? what did u guys buy?

We didn't bother, as we almost never do with Boxing Day (unless online). Too many good pre-Christmas sales and we don't have any glaring needs for more big, expensive electronics.

Don't feel bad, those type of losses are the best results we can hope for. Close, exciting game where DeMar played well. And they still got the L, which is the greater good in the end, at least this season.

Well, I like Casey as coach. Even though the Raptors play without a brain sometimes on both ends of the floor, you can clearly see they're trying on defense this season. Offense, something you think this roster would be decent at, is awful though. Maybe 20 times during the game a Raptor's player would drive into the middle of the floor and pick up his dribble / jump, without any idea about what they were going to do with the ball.

The roster Colangelo has put together, and all his mistakes over the years (TJ Ford, Hedo, Calderon extension, Andrea over numerous better plays in the draft, Delfino trade, nothing for Bosh), it's amazing he has his job, but maybe they're moving in a decent direction.

Definitely agree that it would be better to be bad, but competitive this season, because next year's draft is deep. But I still feel bad for the fans because ticket prices in Toronto are priced more like a higher end, winning market and they continue to support the team. I hope Ed Davis sees a lot more playing time this year, because (aside from DeRozan developing a jumpshot), he's the one chip we have that could really develop into something.

Zzoram

Where in Toronto can I buy a Cantonese style Mahjong set? I don't want the American version with smaller tiles that uses a rack to stand the tiles. I want a proper Chinese set if that's possible to buy.

Also on the topic, is there a good iPad app for real Mahjong and not the stupid tile matching solitaire version?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Where in Toronto can I buy a Cantonese style Mahjong set? I don't want the American version with smaller tiles that uses a rack to stand the tiles. I want a proper Chinese set if that's possible to buy.

Also on the topic, is there a good iPad app for real Mahjong and not the stupid tile matching solitaire version?
I might guess a Chinese bookstore or maybe one of those weird "we'll sell anything" general stores, but I have no idea.

Speaking of Chinatown, I was down there when that stabbing happened.

Stet

Banned
Had a consult with Alie K from Adrenaline Tattoo (and soon to be at Archive Tattoo, which is how I found her) last night. Obviously I won't know about the final product until I get the piece done, but I found her professional and friendly and though it's going to end up being extremely expensive, based on her quick and dirty preliminary sketch, I can't imagine it'll be anything but amazing. Any other experiences in the city?

Only other experience I have is at New Tribe, where I got both my first tattoo (which Alie will be covering up) and my cartilage piercing. They're alright. No real personality though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Maybe we now know what he was doing during his hour long breaks at the public budget meetings this year.
It probably wasn't drinking, it just took him that long to walk to the washroom and take a massive dump on what this city actually cares about then walk back.

iddqd

Anyone else having problems with TekSavy?
I`ve been out of internet for more then one week.. all thanks to Rogers it seems..

Stet

Banned
I`ve been out of internet for more then one week.. all thanks to Rogers it seems..

Yeah, a friend of mine is too. He said he called both TekSavvy and Rogers, and they told him that Rogers is in no hurry to correct the problem until January 3rd, even though it affects Toronto and Kitchener/Waterloo.

♥ Rogers.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
FML

Got hit on the 23th with DHCP issue.
Call tek and told 48 hours
Call back on Dec 28 and told 24-48
Call back Dec 29 and told no eta but they will give free dsl til it's up...will take 5 days to set up
Pissed and call acanac to switch. Call tek to cancel.
1 FUCKING HOUR AGO TEK CALLS TO TELL ME ISSUE IS RESOLVED, BUT I CANCELLED SO TOO BAD!

smDmV.png

1o06K.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It's not easy being the good guy when the bad guy controls the lines you use. :/

teksavvy is trying to change that, no?

i heard they were doing their own FTTH trials...

If they had a charge of $1000 to setup FTTH... i'd probably jump so i can get off the bell wagon :/

Firestorm

I just realized that around this time last year I was landing in YYZ. Damn. Feels like just yesterday I was walking through a real Canadian winter...

Quick

Banned
I just realized that around this time last year I was landing in YYZ. Damn. Feels like just yesterday I was walking through a real Canadian winter...

It's been ten years for me. I still remember my first Canadian winter, where I ran outside because I got excited about seeing snow.

I now hate snow. :p

Firestorm

It's been ten years for me. I still remember my first Canadian winter, where I ran outside because I got excited about seeing snow.

Well, I'm back in Vancouver now so my winters are just rainy. My last white Christmas was probably 2008?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
EM, now that you're a real Canadian, you should run for office. Have Vader as your deputy! Fuckin win for sure!

I don't know. Another Canadian-American Liberal born in San Francisco as Mayor? Besides, Wong-Tam is going to get 89% of the votes.

I guess now that I'm a real Canadian too, I should start hating snow. But I can't. :p

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Speaking of teksavvy, has anyone had the issue where periodically during the day, the internet will just disconnect for about 20 seconds?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of teksavvy, has anyone had the issue where periodically during the day, the internet will just disconnect for about 20 seconds?
Yes. Though I wasn't at home, my mom and my wife both said they kept getting dropped internet. I never experienced at 6 when I got home though. Really didn't want to leave, but they couldn't get their act together.

Roto13

Yes. Though I wasn't at home, my mom and my wife both said they kept getting dropped internet. I never experienced at 6 when I got home though. Really didn't want to leave, but they couldn't get their act together.

You do realize this is Rogers' fault, right? And how long did you get good service from TekSavvy before Rogers started causing them problems they had to deal with over Christmas?

Quick

Banned
I don't know. Another Canadian-American Liberal born in San Francisco as Mayor? Besides, Wong-Tam is going to get 89% of the votes.

I guess now that I'm a real Canadian too, I should start hating snow. But I can't. :p

One. Of. Us! :D

I've been a citizen for 5 years, feels good man.

ili0926

Pacific Mall's a safe bet.

Sober

Happy New Year Toronto-GAF? Where was everyone this year?

I was at home watching the countdown at Nathan Phillips Square, well my sister was out there at least.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Playing Monster Hunter Tri with my wife, sister in-law and friend. Killed a Alatreon to ring in the New Year. Usually make the trip down to the beach to see the fireworks, but not this year.

We're all such nerds. ;_;

Top Bottom