• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Holyday has been h olding out pretty well through this. He's doing about as good a job as he can given the circumstances.

I mean aside from the weird "bird picking up a baby CG video" comment

Willectro

Banned
He'll never resign. He'll have to be dragged out of that office by rabid dogs.

Now I have a mental image of him in his ill-fitting suit, party hat on his head, all alone, fighting back the tears while singing "Happy birthday to me"

My feeling exactly. He has gone too far to turn back now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, for all the dirt this guy already has, I'm not sure this will even do anything. We'll have to wait him out at this point...and then vote him back in lulz!

Divvy

Honestly, for all the dirt this guy already has, I'm not sure this will even do anything. We'll have to wait him out at this point...and then vote him back in lulz!

Oh yeah, I totally expect him to get re-elected because at this point, why not.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gawker already said last week they hadn't heard from their source in day, and I don't think that has changed. If there are 'three copies circulating' per rumours, we'll see it pop up randomly before Gawker gets its hands on it. On the bright side, this means the money will probably go to charity.

Divvy

There's still 9 hours left on the indiegogo campaign, I don't think they get the money until then anyways.

Divvy

Arthur Porter, Harper appointee to head security intelligence review, has been arrested in Panama.

wut

EDIT: More:

Arthur Porter, a man accused of being at the heart of a scandal involving the McGill University Health Centre mega-hospital project in Montreal, has been arrested in Panama.

Porter is facing multiple charges including fraud, conspiracy to commit government fraud, abuse of trust, secret commissions and recycling the proceeds of crime.

His wife, Pamela, was also arrested. She is facing charges for recycling the proceeds of crime and for conspiracy.

More to come.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2013/05/27/montreal-arthur-porter-muhc-scandal-fraud-arrested-panama.html

one week just rolls into another.

BTW, Harper stuff should go into the Canadian Poli thread...we've got enough TO drama here as it is, lol.

one week just rolls into another.

BTW, Harper stuff should go into the Canadian Poli thread...we've got enough TO drama here as it is, lol.

Montreal news in a Toronto thread. Why I never
LLShC.gif

Divvy

o_O

When Toronto woke up to news of the video, the media descended on Ford’s Etobicoke home. Towhey, a former military man, sent Price to Ford’s house to be of assistance. Soon after, Towhey was angered to discover that Price was at the home of Rob and Doug Ford’s mother.
Price told Towhey not to worry.
The day proceeded without much official discussion of the video. Mayor Ford called the allegations “ridiculous.” Both Ford brothers told Towhey that no video existed.
Later that day, Price sought out Towhey, his boss, and raised the “hypothetical” question: What if he knew where the video was, what would be done?At one point, according to an account of the conversation, the straitlaced Towhey was heard to remark, “We’re not getting the f---ing thing!”
His concern was that, if a video existed, someone could be killed for it.
On the morning of May 21, there was a shooting on the same 17th floor of the apartment building that had been identified by Price. That non-fatal shooting is not under investigation by the homicide detectives who interviewed Towhey.
Towhey was fired last Thursday after urging Ford to seek help for his addiction problem.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/05/28/rob_ford_crack_scandal_fears_fords_aide_sought_video_spark_police_probe.html

zorbsie

So is there a video or what? I'm so confused right now. I'll be sad when this is all over. Can't get enough of goofy Ford pictures.

zMDzsBU.jpg

I know this topic gets brought up every couple months but I want some info on Teksavvy. How consistent is it for one thing? but also, the startup costs seem large with buying a modem and setup fees. For the people that have Teksavvy, were you able to get discounts on any of that stuff? Anyone that has some info, feel free to private message me if you don't want to clutter up the thread with more Teksavvy stuff.

Top Bottom