• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Korean cold noodles does sound good right now. Cho Sun Ok is gonna have a huge lineup though.
Always want to try it but any time I go it has to be bossam, pork bone soup, BBQ, or bibimbap.

Heading back there at the end of October for two weeks...my stomach...it will explode! D:
same with the toilet seat

I worked in a sweltering hot trailer unloading boxes today (shitty summer job) so it felt like 50 degrees instead of 30. Stop complaining you dicks.

I loved it actually. Heat and me get along fine. Hotter the better.

Hieberrr

HOLY FUCK. I step out of the office at the end of the day to bike home and I'm greeted by a wall of heat. Breathing be a problem in this heat, yo. Good thing it didn't rain though. The humidity after a storm would've have caused chaos.

Roto13

I worked in a sweltering hot trailer unloading boxes today (shitty summer job) so it felt like 50 degrees instead of 30. Stop complaining you dicks.

I loved it actually. Heat and me get along fine. Hotter the better.

I'm not going to stop complaining just because you're a freak.

Actually, I haven't been out of my air conditioned apartment in days, hwuah hwuah hwuah

Sober

HOLY FUCK. I step out of the office at the end of the day to bike home and I'm greeted by a wall of heat. Breathing be a problem in this heat, yo. Good thing it didn't rain though. The humidity after a storm would've have caused chaos.
The thing that pisses me off is a thunderstorm should mean it cools off, but no, it just makes it worse.

The thing that pisses me off is a thunderstorm should mean it cools off, but no, it just makes it worse.

That's 'cause it's shitty rain where it only rains for like 30 seconds. It needs to rain the whole day.

Heatwave? You mean summer?

It was like 41 degrees today
LLShC.gif

thabiz

Hydro is included in my rent. This charge was on my lease when I signed it. So it's probably legal.
thats bullshit. if hydro is included, then its included. they shouldnt be able to dictate what devices can and cant be used. thats like saying you can only turn on certain lights.

thabiz

i'd bet half of what goes into rental leases is neither law-abiding or enforceable.
im pretty sure this is not legal. regardless of the lease. hes basically being charged tax on the included hydro. its not up to the renter to cover overages during peak times. he could only do this if the ac was on a separate meter. hes assuming that the higher usage is coming from the ac, which he has no way of proving, unless he has a different meter for the ac.

krae. I would look into this. this doesnt sound right.

krae_man

i'd bet half of what goes into rental leases is neither law-abiding or enforceable.

Yeah, my landlord is in his 80's. He's owned the place for like 50 years. He has his own way of doing things. My lease had "198_" for the year on it that I had to scribble out :lol

Anyway $30 twice a year isn't really worth making a fuss over. My one year anniversary is in Aug and I haven't been told of any rent increase yet. I'll take no rent increase over paying for AC two months a year easily.

Edit: Looks like it's legal

thabiz

Yeah, my landlord is in his 80's. He's owned the place for like 50 years. He has his own way of doing things. My lease had "198_" for the year on it that I had to scribble out :lol

Anyway $30 twice a year isn't really worth making a fuss over. My one year anniversary is in Aug and I haven't been told of any rent increase yet. I'll take no rent increase over paying for AC two months a year easily.

just so you know krae. i know your cool with it. get it. HAHAHHA. whatever.

-A landlord cannot introduce an additional charge for something that has previously been included in your rent. This is an illegal charge.

-If the landlord wishes to charge an additional fee for air conditioning in the summer months, it must be tied to the tenant's monthly rent. It cannot be a one time fee for the whole summer. For example, a charge of $25 per month for the months when an air conditioner is used is legal, whereas a $300 charge for the whole summer is not legal.

edit: nevermind.

krae_man

Yeah I found that page too. It was mentioned in my lease and it's a monthly charge so everything looks like it's on the up and up.

thabiz

Yeah I found that page too. It was mentioned in my lease and it's a monthly charge so everything looks like it's on the up and up.

still bullshit i say! just so you know, you can still turn it on during this heat wave, or any heat wave and not pay. that i know is legal.

Top Bottom